Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

Vent thread *explodes*

SD

Re: Vent thread *explodes*

Post by SD on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Having FINALLY having a chance to set up my new tower (a 30th birthday gift) I discover that I am not given a monitor cable that is usable my current one does not fit..

*goes on a rampage*

Well if the purple pants fit. ;p

Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:35 pm

*mauls the huskie*

SD

Post by SD on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Watching people take the smallest things completely out of context. At first it's funny but after a while it just gets annoying.

Teasealot

Post by Teasealot on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:34 pm

SD wrote:Watching people take the smallest things completely out of context. At first it's funny but after a while it just gets annoying.

Husky, you need to explain yourself.

SD

Post by SD on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Teasealot wrote:
    SD wrote:Watching people take the smallest things completely out of context. At first it's funny but after a while it just gets annoying.

Husky, you need to explain yourself.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=27328

Scroll down to "And on the First Day…" subtitle, a bit above it there's a picture of the character customization screen. People on bungie.net are getting really huffy about a new feature called "Armor Effects" which is purely cosmetic and does nothing to alter game play. However when people saw a few of the possible effects (which are Lighting and a "Pig-pen" style aura around your head and confetti or flying hearts coming out of your head when you die) they immediately assume that it'll ruin gameplay. At first it was funny seeing everyone rage over an option that could easily be ignored but now it's stepping into the realm of stupidity.

Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:18 am

Guess some people like to create drama
    *passes the antiseptic and bandaids*

SD

Post by SD on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 am

Blackwolf wrote:Guess some people like to create drama
    *passes the antiseptic and bandaids*

It's not a matter of drama it's just people wanting to complain and shunning any rational thought out. The same thing happened when Halo 3 was in development and it's all happening again. I would say it's entering beyond stupid territory but the people there have proven me wrong time and time again.

Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Gaaah I still don't have internet to call my own!

This Friday, between 4pm and 8pm, a technician will invade my new apartment and install the intrawebs. Finally.

Oh, and take 130 of my dollar monies.

I've got $50 in the bank.... What's the appropriate expression here? Ah yes.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff-

SD

Post by SD on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

http://kaitol.com/how-to-hire-an-artist/

This reads more like "How to rip off an artist." I understand that art is considered a commodity in this day and age and most people try to find the cheapest product they can find; but the way this sounds the author makes it seem like it's okay to rip off people who are literally just getting into doing art as a possible job.

Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 am

SD wrote:http://kaitol.com/how-to-hire-an-artist/

This reads more like "How to rip off an artist." I understand that art is considered a commodity in this day and age and most people try to find the cheapest product they can find; but the way this sounds the author makes it seem like it's okay to rip off people who are literally just getting into doing art as a possible job.

this might make you feel better though.

http://www.thejonjones.com/2010/08/09/how-not-to-hire-an-artist/

Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 am

Incredibly hating my computer, I was playing Alien Swarm, when my computer starts getting laggy, and it made it worse because I was slowing a group down trying to do a speed run. I always ended up the last out of everyone else, and I was using Wildcat! She has a speed boost which should have brought me ahead of everyone, but instead I was behend because of the weird lag! So far I think my computer is not able to handle the game somehow even though it has a overclocked 3.04 Ghz Pentium 4, and 1.5 GB memory!

Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Night Dragon wrote:Incredibly hating my computer, I was playing Alien Swarm, when my computer starts getting laggy, and it made it worse because I was slowing a group down trying to do a speed run. I always ended up the last out of everyone else, and I was using Wildcat! She has a speed boost which should have brought me ahead of everyone, but instead I was behend because of the weird lag! So far I think my computer is not able to handle the game somehow even though it has a overclocked 3.04 Ghz Pentium 4, and 1.5 GB memory!
    Your lag has to be due to your internet connection. I really don't think that 3.04 Ghz would lag that bad, as I'm running a 966 mhz Pentium 3 with little to no major lag.

Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Bosco1513 wrote:
    Night Dragon wrote:Incredibly hating my computer, I was playing Alien Swarm, when my computer starts getting laggy, and it made it worse because I was slowing a group down trying to do a speed run. I always ended up the last out of everyone else, and I was using Wildcat! She has a speed boost which should have brought me ahead of everyone, but instead I was behend because of the weird lag! So far I think my computer is not able to handle the game somehow even though it has a overclocked 3.04 Ghz Pentium 4, and 1.5 GB memory!
    Your lag has to be due to your internet connection. I really don't think that 3.04 Ghz would lag that bad, as I'm running a 966 mhz Pentium 3 with little to no major lag.
    Yeah, man- it was probably just the server you were playing on. A 3.0+ GHz comp wouldn't lag like that... I only have a 2.2 and it runs perfectly.

Teasealot

Post by Teasealot on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Let me begin this tale of ire, anger and imagined bloodspillin' with a scream of feral rage and anger...
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Today, I went shoppin' with mah boyfriend Blackwolf. I was in a pretty good mood, and the shoppin' bit went fine, the idiots runnin' around the shop didn't bother me in the slightest, the horrible music the shop was playin' didn't irk me a bit. Then it came to the automated till. The till itself didn't cause a problem for once, I set mah bag on the shelf, and pressed the "Add Mah Bag" option, and recieved the expected message od "Please wait while a cashier verifies your bag." The cashier in charge of the automated tills was standin' 8 feet from me, chattin' away with two of her friends. Three other tills had problems too, but she still stood there, lookin' at the growin' number of red lights slowly fillin' the till area. It takes the cashier about 5 seconds to clear verification and most of the problems an auto-till has. She didn't move.
    5 minutes later, I'm still standin' there, watchin' her still chattin' to her friends, waitin' for mah bag to be verified, gettin' very angry. The cashier had looked me and the other irate customers in the face several times, and she still kept chattin'. She knew we had problems and couldn't proceed until she cleared the problem, but she kept chattin'. 20 minutes later, another cashier who was passin' by, saw this logjam (and potential lynchin' mob) and quickly cleared all the problem in 20 seconds... The original cashier was still chattin'.
    I left the shop, frothin' and spittin', bein' half dragged by Blackwolf so I didn't go back and hit her with somethin'.
    And that's mah tale of ire and rage...

Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 am

Life currently hates me.
    du nu wan
    du nu need
    >:<

SD

Post by SD on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 am

Blackwolf wrote:Life currently hates me.
    du nu wan
    du nu need
    >:<

*gives a man hug.*

SD

Post by SD on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm

People who claim to be your friend but for whatever reason are just plain ass hats to you for no reason.

Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 am

This just makes my blood boil

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100816/tuk-police-avoid-chasing-bike-thieves-6323e80.html

I'm sorry but if you don't respect the rules and choose to brake them, well then the law should get to break you and if in that case these lawbreakers where injured it's THERE OWN FAULT
    Health & Safety means taking a moment to assess the chances that something is dangerous and how can the risk of danger be minimised.
    To my mind, this situation sends a clear message to those who break the law, break it in certain ways and the law won't touch you.
    Insane

Teasealot

Post by Teasealot on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:41 am

Blackwolf wrote:This just makes my blood boil

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100816/tuk-police-avoid-chasing-bike-thieves-6323e80.html

I'm sorry but if you don't respect the rules and choose to brake them, well then the law should get to break you and if in that case these lawbreakers where injured it's THERE OWN FAULT
    Health & Safety means taking a moment to assess the chances that something is dangerous and how can the risk of danger be minimised.
    To my mind, this situation sends a clear message to those who break the law, break it in certain ways and the law won't touch you.
    Insane

... wonderful... So if some little <censored> little <censored> <censored> toerag <censored> decided to steal mah motorbike in front of a cop, while not wearin' a helmet, he can drive off with it, while all the cop does is write down his description and go, "Stop Thief!! Or... I'll say stop again!!"
    The idiot thief is riskin' his life simply by drivin' the bike without the proper safety gear, and the cop is only doin' his job by tryin' to stop him, regardless of the thief gettin' hurt. It's better the cop grabs the guy before he gets much speed up, as if the thief loses it at high speed while escapin', the cop behind him is the least of his problems. (For a very rough idea of what would happen, take a piece of meat, and a belt sander or a fine cheese grater and use it on the meat for 20 seconds, that's the thief's skin and flesh when it contacts the road surface at 70mph)

Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:22 am

Anyone remember when Laws where there to protect the VICTEMS, not the crooks ?

Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:04 am

Blackwolf wrote:Anyone remember when Laws where there to protect the VICTEMS, not the crooks ?

No, do you? :c

Cuboos

Post by Cuboos on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 am

Intel bought McAfee.... fucking McAfee... just about the worst program you can install on your computer. and for 7.6 Billion? i usually preferred AMD over Intel before, but now i don't think I'm ever going to consider Intel ever again.

Teasealot

Post by Teasealot on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:58 am

Cuboos, please do not use the "F word" or its derivatives on the forum. We have a PG-13 ratin'. Edit your last post please.

Cuboos

Post by Cuboos on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:17 pm

i see people use the f-word here all the time.

Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Cuboos wrote:i see people use the f-word here all the time.

Because I was asked to look, I'm gonna clarify what's going on.

Yes, people have used... damn, I feel childish using the phrase... the f-word in the past. What's important to not is that this isn't the only place we talk to those people. I submit for your consideration, the chatbox and IRC. I know that I and the other mods talk to some of the other forum members in email and instant messengers. Every recent usage of the f-word by anybody has been asked either on the forum or on one of those other mediums to knock it off.

I do use the word recent, because it is a relatively recent decision. We've been pretty lax in the past about swearing because forum traffic wasn't that high. Lately, it has picked up, and so we're enforcing the rules a tad more strictly than in the past.

So, and this goes for everybody, not just Cuboos, no using the f-word, alright? This forum is PG-13 by Liz's demand, and we're following her example. A good guideline to follow: If it appears in the comic, it's ok to say. Pretty much, this is every single swear except the f-word. Just don't go overboard with the swearing, don't use the f-word, and you're good.

No warnings have been issued on that basis yet, but they will be in the future. [/mod]

Also, if you do it, I might be tempted to edit your post and replace the f-word with something ridiculous, in addition to slapping a lovely warning sticker to your account. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:39 pm

Current date/time is Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:39 pm