Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
Drako
Blackwolf
Nilo Kaal
TeenageAngst
Night Dragon
9 posters

I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09

Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09 Empty I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09

Post by Night Dragon Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 am

Woah, did not expect that.

Still, Sylver better watch his next step...
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09 Empty Re: I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09

Post by TeenageAngst Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 am

expected/10 besides Sylver wasn't hurting anything. Last I heard you can look just not touch Wink
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09 Empty Re: I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09

Post by Nilo Kaal Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:53 am

Yeah, but at this point all Sylver can do is run to the end of his chain and bark
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 am

I kinda wanna see a real ninja fight Sid. With a ninja sword and throwing stars and even the exotic weapons like guitars and... well you know.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 am

Phil knows better to mess with Sid.
    Glad to see someone knows what was going on.
    As for looking but not touching, this is Slyver we're talking about, for all we know he's possibly been cheating on Sunny, it's just now he's been caught
    Drako
    Drako

Post by Drako Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

I didn't think Sylver would completely get away with it. One more wrong move and he's going to really be in big trouble.
    Zephyrion
    Zephyrion

Post by Zephyrion Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 am

I want to see Sylver get beat up, but I don't want to see Sunny get hurt.

I think Sylver needs to get trampled by a stampede of people or something, or have his car keyed at least.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

TeenageAngst wrote:expected/10 besides Sylver wasn't hurting anything. Last I heard you can look just not touch Wink

He was doing more than looking. He was looking and talking with complete intent to touch.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Pandora wrote:
    TeenageAngst wrote:expected/10 besides Sylver wasn't hurting anything. Last I heard you can look just not touch Wink

He was doing more than looking. He was looking and talking with complete intent to touch.

Ha! Ha! Like me at a bike shop. Really though, I can't see Sylver actually making it with a girl, I think Sunny's only with him cause she feels sorry for him.
    Tuyu
    Tuyu

Post by Tuyu Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

I want to see whether Sunny has anything to say to Sylver now that it's just the two of them... Twisted Evil

Seems like neither Max nor Sid think Sunny's as capable of taking care of herself as I think she is.
    Drako
    Drako

Post by Drako Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 pm

It just occured to me that it'd be such a shame if Sunny's sharp, 8-inch claws inadvertently damaged something on Sylver's car...
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Ooohhhh, a lot of good points.

Sid is a pirate, and a pirate can be dangerous too.

Also, Phil's only objective is to watch, he has no true objective to attack. Also he gets paid for it.

Sunny could still get revenge if Sylver lets anything slip accidntly.

And that is all I can think of...
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:18 am

TeenageAngst wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

Ha! Ha! Like me at a bike shop. Really though, I can't see Sylver actually making it with a girl, I think Sunny's only with him cause she feels sorry for him.

Well, the thing about looking and talking with complete intent to touch can be okay or inappropriate depending on whether or not the person doing that is single. Sylver is not. Which makes it inappropriate.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 am

Pandora wrote:
    TeenageAngst wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

Well, the thing about looking and talking with complete intent to touch can be okay or inappropriate depending on whether or not the person doing that is single. Sylver is not. Which makes it inappropriate.

I disagree.

https://2img.net/h/i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/woohookittys/darma.jpg <(o_o) and that.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:26 am

TeenageAngst wrote:
    Pandora wrote:
    TeenageAngst wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

I disagree.

https://2img.net/h/i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/woohookittys/darma.jpg <(o_o) and that.

So, when you're in a relationship, talking to other girls with full intent to cheat is okay to you?

I can sense that you and I are not going to get along well at all.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:13 am

Tis the nature of the game, some people like keeping the other jealous. Personally, I don't, but I don't condemn those who do. Unless they break the no touching rule, then they're just asking for it.
    You don't wanna be enemies with me please can we be friends instead? Sad
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 am

TeenageAngst wrote:Tis the nature of the game, some people like keeping the other jealous. Personally, I don't, but I don't condemn those who do. Unless they break the no touching rule, then they're just asking for it.
    You don't wanna be enemies with me please can we be friends instead? Sad

I'm not afraid of you. It's me you don't want to be enemies with.

some people like keeping the other jealous.

Jealousy isn't necessary when there's trust and honesty.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 am

I'm not afraid of you. It's me you don't want to be enemies with.

I will turn this car around, mister! 8-17-09 YouMad

Jealousy isn't necessary when there's trust and honesty.

This is true.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:49 am

The problem with guys like Sylver is they lack the honesty element.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:57 am

It's a shame too he's kinda cute.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Eh, he's a wolf. Cliche in my opinion. There are too many wolf characters out there. I like that Sunny is a mole. I don't see a lot of mole characters.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am

I think too many underestimate Sunny's ability to handle the situation herself. I suspect that Sunny is fully aware of Sylver's indiscretions. If she isn't, then she is practicing willful ignorance.

Either way, the only issue I take with the comic to this point is that Sylver is so universally dislikable, but somehow is still allowed to hang around. If he really is such a complete jerk, it seems sensible that the group would have rejected him completely by this point. Either this, or there is some redeeming quality of his which has not been shown in the comic, yet.
    Tuyu
    Tuyu

Post by Tuyu Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Coydog wrote:...the only issue I take with the comic to this point is that Sylver is so universally dislikable, but somehow is still allowed to hang around...
    I think that has to do with him living in the same building.

None of the other characters (except possibly Max) is the kind to ostracize a neighbor they come in contact with every day. Though I believe Sid could convince Sylver to leave sudden-like, if it came to that.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Right, but they still interact with him outside of merely making eye contact in the hallway. It seems that, at this point, even that level of interaction is a stretch. The whole "boyfriend to a friend of ours" thing works, to a degree, but the mileage on it will be kinda short.

I suppose I just wanna see Sylver a little more fleshed out beyond "superficial-narcissist-jerk-guy". Maybe he has an epiphany and realizes he's fallen for "the fat chick"? Maybe he does something genuinely noble and endearing, but for selfish reasons? I don't know, I suppose I just want more out of the character than what we've seen thus far.

That being said, its my *only* gripe with the comic, and a minor 1 at that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm