Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like


    Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Share

    Teasealot

    Posts : 1221
    Join date : 2008-12-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Teasealot on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 am

    Terrance and Philip from South Park.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Blackwolf

    Posts : 1015
    Join date : 2009-05-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Blackwolf on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:07 am

    Yet another example of horrific things to escape from America Lite....
    They pretty much killed South Park for me.

    Coydog

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Age : 38
    Location : Oklahoma

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Coydog on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:37 am

    South Park has been dead for me for a while. Shock comedy can only go so long before it becomes Dead Baby comedy, as it constantly tries to 1 up itself. Dead Baby comedy gets unfunny pretty quick, and starts to become just gross. South Park arrived at that point a long time ago for me.

    Pandora

    Posts : 783
    Join date : 2008-12-14
    Age : 29
    Location : Stark Tower

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Pandora on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 pm

    I love Terrance and Phillip...

    TeenageAngst

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Virginia

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by TeenageAngst on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 pm

    I resent that, dead baby jokes are hilarious.

    Teasealot

    Posts : 1221
    Join date : 2008-12-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Teasealot on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 am

    Pandora wrote:I love Terrance and Phillip...

    So you find people taking the piss out of Cancer funny?


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Blackwolf

    Posts : 1015
    Join date : 2009-05-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Blackwolf on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 am

    Teasealot wrote:
    Pandora wrote:I love Terrance and Phillip...

    So you find people taking the piss out of Cancer funny?

    Seconded

    Pandora

    Posts : 783
    Join date : 2008-12-14
    Age : 29
    Location : Stark Tower

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Pandora on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 pm

    Teasealot wrote:
    Pandora wrote:I love Terrance and Phillip...

    So you find people taking the piss out of Cancer funny?

    How do they take the piss out of cancer?

    I like them because, well, I like fart humor, and when they aren't farting on each other, they're actually really smart. In the episode when Canada goes on strike, Terrance and Phillip calculated exactly how much money Canada lost. There's also an episode where Phillip goes off and does Shakespeare.

    You also have to keep in mind that it's not just Terrance and Phillip on that show. EVERYONE on that show makes fun of EVERYTHING. No one is spared and none of it is meant to be taken seriously. At all. If you're taking it seriously, you're doing it wrong.

    TeenageAngst

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Virginia

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by TeenageAngst on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:52 am

    Teasealot wrote:
    Pandora wrote:I love Terrance and Phillip...

    So you find people taking the piss out of Cancer funny?

    Yes. And AIDS, god that episode kicked ass.

    Teasealot

    Posts : 1221
    Join date : 2008-12-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Teasealot on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:01 am

    Pandora wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:
    Pandora wrote:I love Terrance and Phillip...

    So you find people taking the piss out of Cancer funny?

    How do they take the piss out of cancer?

    One episode one of them was dying of rectal cancer, and the entire episode made light of a very serious disease. If you had lost someone close to this terrible disease, you would have found that episode a very painful thing to watch.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    TeenageAngst

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Virginia

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by TeenageAngst on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:37 am

    I don't think I could ever say "rectal cancer" with a straight face. Anyway, it's called "black humor", tease. Some people like it, some don't, and if you're watching something that patently offends you then that's your own fault.

    Blackwolf

    Posts : 1015
    Join date : 2009-05-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Blackwolf on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:07 am

    South Park WAS funny to begin with, but it tried too hard to shock as the series went on.
    As for saying Rectal Cancer with a straight face, problems with the rectal area are some of the WORST things that can medically go wrong in a body.
    Finally both myself and Tease have black humor.

    Now to chance pace, I personally want to smack the game designers of Wolfenstein, they gave the lead character the most dumb nickname "BeJay" which is used at every chance, yet this is the same character from Return to Castle Wolfenstein and you where always refered to by the surname.
    WTF ?

    TeenageAngst

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Virginia

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by TeenageAngst on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm

    What!? Game designers taking a classic title and making a terrible spin off!?

    SD

    Posts : 1134
    Join date : 2009-01-22
    Age : 28
    Location : A Place

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by SD on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:21 pm

    *charges de-fib* CLEAR!!!! *shocks the thread to life.*

    I know this is going to raise a few eyebrows but I'm beginning to dislike the entire cast of Jay Naylor's Original Life. Some reasons may be petty, but still there's something off with them.

    Fisk seems to have this idea that it's okay for his son Thomas to beat up a kid for stealing his PSP or something. Is it wrong to take things that aren't yours? Yes it is wrong. Is it even worse to assault someone (to the point where you break their nose) even if you claim it to be justified? Well...yes it is, especially when you just jump them. Also he seems very smug about a lot of things and tells his children the way things are and you don't have to worry about what others think. That's fine to a point, but it's not always the case.

    Elizabeth seems to have some sort of disdain for her children. Whenever she's around them she acts like as if they annoy her to no end. Okay they're kids, but show some affection for them or something.

    Janie goes on this little quest for religion and instead of going to priests, rabbis and what not she asks random friends, who in turn aren't very helpful and...well I understood that it was suppose to be funnier that way but it wasn't executed properly to me. She's also another one who's very smug to others regularly.

    Thomas is...well he just irritates me for whatever reason.

    And Abigail was fine up until the little imagination bit where she pictured herself as a buxom nurse. That was just....weird.

    It may be partly because of the writing but still the characters are just...not really all that likable.

    Chesamo

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2010-03-25
    Age : 25
    Location : The Interwebz

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Chesamo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm

    I stopped at "Jay Naylor". I've decided that someone like him can't exist in the real world, so I'm making him into a fictional character.

    I talked to him recently. He's mean, cruel, and insanely preachy. If I don't agree with something he says, it's because I'm not "educated enough" (cue Jay ranting about the "socialist education system") and he blatantly ignores proper sources (studies, research, etc.), instead citing biased media outlets (FOX).

    I lump Sean Fultz (Cigarskunk) in the same category of retarded hypocritical furries.

    Invalid

    Posts : 392
    Join date : 2009-10-21
    Age : 24

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Invalid on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm

    Chesamo wrote:I stopped at "Jay Naylor". I've decided that someone like him can't exist in the real world, so I'm making him into a fictional character.

    I talked to him recently. He's mean, cruel, and insanely preachy. If I don't agree with something he says, it's because I'm not "educated enough" (cue Jay ranting about the "socialist education system") and he blatantly ignores proper sources (studies, research, etc.), instead citing biased media outlets (FOX).

    I lump Sean Fultz (Cigarskunk) in the same category of retarded hypocritical furries.

    Who in the world is Jay Naylor?

    SD

    Posts : 1134
    Join date : 2009-01-22
    Age : 28
    Location : A Place

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by SD on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

    Mecingo wrote:
    Chesamo wrote:I stopped at "Jay Naylor". I've decided that someone like him can't exist in the real world, so I'm making him into a fictional character.

    I talked to him recently. He's mean, cruel, and insanely preachy. If I don't agree with something he says, it's because I'm not "educated enough" (cue Jay ranting about the "socialist education system") and he blatantly ignores proper sources (studies, research, etc.), instead citing biased media outlets (FOX).

    I lump Sean Fultz (Cigarskunk) in the same category of retarded hypocritical furries.

    Who in the world is Jay Naylor?

    He's a furry artist who has two web comics on his site. He's...well he's very opinionated and people either accept that or dislike him for it.

    Invalid

    Posts : 392
    Join date : 2009-10-21
    Age : 24

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Invalid on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 pm

    SD wrote:
    Mecingo wrote:
    Chesamo wrote:I stopped at "Jay Naylor". I've decided that someone like him can't exist in the real world, so I'm making him into a fictional character.

    I talked to him recently. He's mean, cruel, and insanely preachy. If I don't agree with something he says, it's because I'm not "educated enough" (cue Jay ranting about the "socialist education system") and he blatantly ignores proper sources (studies, research, etc.), instead citing biased media outlets (FOX).

    I lump Sean Fultz (Cigarskunk) in the same category of retarded hypocritical furries.

    Who in the world is Jay Naylor?

    He's a furry artist who has two web comics on his site. He's...well he's very opinionated and people either accept that or dislike him for it.

    ......Uh oh. He's a into Adult art works. The kind I try to aviod. Just seen his site good artist thoe.

    Blackwolf

    Posts : 1015
    Join date : 2009-05-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Blackwolf on Wed May 05, 2010 11:13 am

    Now I'm surprised I'm posting this, I used to like Naylor *USED*.
    Then Tease showed me a post on FA called "Death of Rachel" (It's NSFW)

    Now I have nothing agsint killing a character for the point of a story, but to willfully kill off a creation because the artist/creator is fed up with people asking about her is non-professional at the very least.
    To then draw an erotic picture of said death to me feels nothing short of a snuff flick.
    Granted it's his property but he could have simply said "I don't intend to draw her again, don't ask about it" would have been WAY more professional. Does this mean if he ever tires of another one of his characters, they too are fated for a tacky pornish death picture ?
    I wish I could say I cared, but I don't care for someone with so little respect for his own creations.
    Mister Naylor, you have lost a loyal fan....

    SD

    Posts : 1134
    Join date : 2009-01-22
    Age : 28
    Location : A Place

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by SD on Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm

    Blackwolf wrote:Now I'm surprised I'm posting this, I used to like Naylor *USED*.
    Then Tease showed me a post on FA called "Death of Rachel" (It's NSFW)

    Now I have nothing agsint killing a character for the point of a story, but to willfully kill off a creation because the artist/creator is fed up with people asking about her is non-professional at the very least.
    To then draw an erotic picture of said death to me feels nothing short of a snuff flick.
    Granted it's his property but he could have simply said "I don't intend to draw her again, don't ask about it" would have been WAY more professional. Does this mean if he ever tires of another one of his characters, they too are fated for a tacky pornish death picture ?
    I wish I could say I cared, but I don't care for someone with so little respect for his own creations.
    Mister Naylor, you have lost a loyal fan....

    I saw that as well. I think it's just best to let him have his tantrum and leave it at that. Besides from my understanding Liz and Naylor are friends. I don't know her opinion on the matter but I think she would appreciate it if this wouldn't turn into an anti-Naylor thread.

    Teasealot

    Posts : 1221
    Join date : 2008-12-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Teasealot on Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

    It won't turn into an anti-Naylor thread. I disagree of how he handled the character, he should have just said, "I'm no longer drawin' her, stop askin'," and let the character fade into obscurity, which would have been the mature thing to do. I've seen other artists let characters they no longer had interest in or developed a dislike to just fade away after sayin' "I no longer like this character, I will no longer draw it, please stop askin'."
    But no, he takes the shock and snuff approach which just alienates more people towards him.

    And to quote Master Control in Tron: END OF LINE.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Shachza

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 34
    Location : Over there -->

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Shachza on Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm

    I hate all you characters in this forum! Very Happy Thanks to the Jay Nalor stuff I just spent 4 hours tracking down the drama and looking through archives... I could have been doing homework!

    Invalid

    Posts : 392
    Join date : 2009-10-21
    Age : 24

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Invalid on Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm

    Jaynaylor sounds like a corrupted man, read some of his opinions on religion. Sad, if God does not exist everything would be a fluke. I don't see how a such of a detailed reality could be a fluke.

    Lord Grey II

    Posts : 1402
    Join date : 2008-12-07
    Age : 27
    Location : Texas

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Lord Grey II on Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 am

    Mecingo wrote:Jaynaylor sounds like a corrupted man, read some of his opinions on religion. Sad, if God does not exist everything would be a fluke. I don't see how a such of a detailed reality could be a fluke.

    Now god, there's a character I dislike. Quite a bit actually. Seems in every popular fiction I've read about the various forms of the Almighty (some name him God, Allah, Jehovah, Xenu, G-d, etc etc) he's always going about doing things I don't approve of. Slaughtering disbelievers, having really odd love/hate relationships with the gay community, oppression of women, advocating slavery, promoting weird dietary habits, just to name a few off the top of my head.

    And then there's the god fan-club! These people are worse than Twilight fan girls, I swear. That's fine if you want to yammer on about your favorite book, but please, do you mind not confusing your fiction with science and reality? It gets bothersome.

    But to address your post. I think the opinions of an an author or an artist are separate from their work. Not to say that the author or artist can not express their opinions in their work, because many do, but to say that if you enjoy a piece of work, finding out about what the author believes has very very very little relevance on your personal enjoyment of their work. For example, I've read the book Battlefield Earth several times; I enjoy it quite a bit. It was written by Ron L Hubbard, the same man that founded Scientology. Since I disagree vehemently with scientology and his beliefs, I shouldn't enjoy his novel? Of course not.

    I have no idea what Jay Naylor's beliefs are, and nor do I care. They will not stop me from enjoying his art. I don't particularly like how he handled the Rachel situation, but that's only one piece that I can ignore handily.

    Lastly, if you wish to debate my first two paragraphs, start a new thread unless you wish to continue debating under the assumption that god is a character.

    Also, 1000th post.


    _________________
    Error 404 - Signature not found Shenanigans! :3

    Blackwolf

    Posts : 1015
    Join date : 2009-05-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Blackwolf on Sat May 08, 2010 10:14 am

    *gives Grey a cake for the post*
    :3

    Sponsored content

    Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:02 am