Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+24
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
The Dog
UFAlien
Lord Grey II
Shachza
Invalid
Chesamo
Keyou-bi
Zephyrion
FoxPhantom
LastArcher
Teh Chay
Lizardbeth
Night Dragon
SD
Cypher
Blackwolf
Zombaholic
Nilo Kaal
Pandora
TeenageAngst
Coydog
Teasealot
28 posters

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

Coydog
    Coydog

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 2 Empty Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

Post by Coydog Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

Pandora wrote:What's wrong with Dr. Crusher?

(I like Jordy and Data...and Warf.)

Dr. Beverly Crusher=Cool.

Her son, Wesley, is the very definition of a canon Mary Sue.

*nerdrage!* http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWesley

Funnily enough, Will Wheaton has actually ascended to something of a nerd god, at least partially because he has publicly decried the character he played as ludicrous. Also, because he is apparently a very cool and likeable guy.

*Even the actor who played Wesley Crusher hated the character.*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 2 Empty Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

Post by Pandora Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Oh, okies, I was thinking of the wrong Crusher then. I don't know much about the show itself. I call myself a "mini-trekkie" because I grew up with the movies, not the show. I remember seeing First Contact in theatres.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am

Most of the series' lose me after about 2 seasons, mainly due to crossing 1 too many bridges in character development.

Want to make your lead a competent, sensible commander? Cool. Want them to develop into a demi-god with a messianic vision for an alien race? K, you lost me.

Want to bring in a new crewmember, from a race that, until now, was considered universally hostile? Great. Want to make every element of that new crewmember totally conflict with previously established conventions of the race, including appearance, because the actress is "hawt"? Go to hell.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:41 pm

...I like Picard... rabbit
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Pandora wrote:...I like Picard... rabbit

I second that.
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am

SD wrote:
    Pandora wrote:...I like Picard... rabbit

I second that.
    I third that.
    What? Who does'nt like Captain Picard?

Who I definatly hate is The Borg.
    Even Klingons are more fun than The Borg. (Not that I am up for war...)

Also, WHAT?!?!?
    I am seeing people's posts about Wesly Crusher, but I don't completly understand...
    (Yes, I am Star Trek fan, but I don't know everything, also I have not seen every episode of TNG.)

I also looked at the site, it did not truly explain how Wesly is so hated...
    All it said was that he was a know-it-all, but that is not a surprise to me because his parents were both with Starfleet, and he was on The Enterprise-D...
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 am

...I like the Borg....First Contact was my firsy Star Trek movie...
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 am

Same here...and my only xP
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 am

Wesley Crusher: A 14 year old knowitall who knows more about Starfleet Vessels and Warpcores than Georgi LaForge. Scotty, And Data rolled into one, and can fix problems on those ships without ANY formal training faster and better than Data, Scotty or LaForge.
    No matter what he tries, he NEVER fails or somehow improves the result. Once, just once I'd like to have seen him fail, BIG TIME!! But nooooo!!!!!!, he never did.
    One episode (during a wargame Enterprise vs barely powered, crippled ship.) he cheats by requesting to return to the Enterprise to retrieve his science project, claiming it needs watched... And then turns said science project (which is not much bigger than a harddrive) into a MINI WARPCORE that powers the other ship in the wargame!!!!!!
    And he frequently in the series pulls wierd crap like tha...
    *gets tranq'ed by Blackwolf before the rant turns venomous*
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:47 pm

On the subject of cheating during star trek wargames - Kirk

Paris Hilton, gods how I hate her (check my DA to prove this)
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Teasealot wrote:Wesley Crusher: A 14 year old knowitall who knows more about Starfleet Vessels and Warpcores than Georgi LaForge. Scotty, And Data rolled into one, and can fix problems on those ships without ANY formal training faster and better than Data, Scotty or LaForge.
    No matter what he tries, he NEVER fails or somehow improves the result. Once, just once I'd like to have seen him fail, BIG TIME!! But nooooo!!!!!!, he never did.
    One episode (during a wargame Enterprise vs barely powered, crippled ship.) he cheats by requesting to return to the Enterprise to retrieve his science project, claiming it needs watched... And then turns said science project (which is not much bigger than a harddrive) into a MINI WARPCORE that powers the other ship in the wargame!!!!!!

You mean Jordi LaForge?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:02 pm

Pandora wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:Wesley Crusher: A 14 year old knowitall who knows more about Starfleet Vessels and Warpcores than Georgi LaForge. Scotty, And Data rolled into one, and can fix problems on those ships without ANY formal training faster and better than Data, Scotty or LaForge.

You mean Jordi LaForge?

Ya!! Him. Sorry about getting Geordi's name wrong.
    Lizardbeth
    Lizardbeth
    Admin

Post by Lizardbeth Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:31 am

if you don't like Batman, maybe you will like baman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-TQdN40Dk Very Happy
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:18 am

Pan, what do you think of the Watchman called NightOwl?
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Teasealot wrote:And then turns said science project (which is not much bigger than a harddrive) into a MINI WARPCORE that powers the other ship in the wargame!!!!!!

I remember this well... the fluff given at the time was that the warp core of the ship they were using was perfectly fuctional if deactivated. It just had no anti-matter fuel. His project used antimatter for some other reason. It resulted in them being able to travel at warp speeds for a fraction of a second. There were plenty of other really annoying reasons to hate him though. What pissed me off the most about him was just how childish he was. I remember watching TNG when I was little and thinking that this guy who appeared to be in his mid to late teens was always much more childish and whiney than me...

Anyways. Enough of defending my childhood. This might upset some people I really hate Jay Naylor's Fisk. UGH he irritates me so damn much.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 am

Teh Chay wrote:
    Anyways. Enough of defending my childhood. This might upset some people I really hate Jay Naylor's Fisk. UGH he irritates me so damn much.

Oooooohhhh you are not alone my friend....
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 am

Why don't you like Fisk?
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

He’s such a misogynistic gun-humping redneck tw****ke
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 am

My reasoning is that he never really evolved as a character passed aging and his use of vocabulary.

He always seems to be this cynical, brooding person who doesn't really trust anyone. As people around him continue to move forward he always seems stuck in a bad place with his mentality. And to top it off, he was upset that his father died before he was born, yet he turns around and goes to work for the same people who his father died working for....uhhhhh WHAT!!!!!?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am

Teh Chay wrote:He’s such a misogynistic gun-humping redneck tw****ke

Chay, if Fisk was misogynistic (meaning he hates women), why did he risk his life to rescue his cousin from those hoods, brain his headmaster with a baseball bat for raping his mother, and marry Elizabeth?

All those actions shows he cares about women in his life, not hates them.

As for the gun he carries, about 80% of the American population has or carries a gun.
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 am

Teasealot wrote:
    Teh Chay wrote:He’s such a misogynistic gun-humping redneck tw****ke

Chay, if Fisk was misogynistic (meaning he hates women), why did he risk his life to rescue his cousin from those hoods, brain his headmaster with a baseball bat for raping his mother, and marry Elizabeth?

All those actions shows he cares about women in his life, not hates them.

As for the gun he carries, about 80% of the American population has or carries a gun.

Wells, it seems at the point he saved his cousin he's had enough training and experiance that he's not exactly risking his life. He's just doing his day job of blowing up bad guys. I cant really defend my opinion on him though, it's just a feeling I have.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 am

I too, like Picard. I liked most every character in TNG, just not Wesley.

As for Watchmen, I liked every character in the comic, even The Comedian (in a love to hate way). Night Owl was someone whose personality made him someone you could relate to, unlike Batman. The only thing I dislike about Watchmen is the amount of misaimed fandom toward Rorschach. I like the character, but I disapprove of people who take his distorted views seriously. And they are legion.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm

I agree that Fisk didn't change much as a character, but he's not misogynist.

My fave from that comic was Beth.

Anyway, characters I despise...Edward Cullen. Bella Swan, Jacob Black...pretty much I just hate Twilight.

Last edited by Pandora on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 am

Pandora wrote:Anyway, characters I dispise...Edward Cullen. Bella Swan, Jacob Black...pretty much I just hate Twilight.
    *high fives Pandora*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:36 am

Nilo Kaal wrote:
    Pandora wrote:Anyway, characters I despise...Edward Cullen. Bella Swan, Jacob Black...pretty much I just hate Twilight.
    *high fives Pandora*

Proud member of Twilightsucks.com.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am