Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

5 posters

Life: A Text-Based Adventure

Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Life: A Text-Based Adventure - Page 3 Empty Re: Life: A Text-Based Adventure

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Teasealot wrote:Go get your car keys.

I figure that I should go get my car keys anyways, even if it's too easy. I don't see them around here though. I think they're in my apartment, probably in my bedroom.

To the EAST is the stairwell leading back to my apartment. To the SOUTH is the laundry room and swimming pool. To the NORTH is more apartments. To the WEST is the road leading out of my apartment complex.

What do I do now?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Head North at a brisk pace.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Teasealot wrote:Head North at a brisk pace.

I jog northward towards the rest of the apartment complex, past the guy. I notice in passing that he's casting me glances while muttering into his phone. I now stand in a outdoor hallway, similar to the one outside my own apartment. The are four doors, two to each wall (one to the EAST and the other the WEST). To the SOUTH is the parking lot where I park my car. To the NORTH is another parking lot. There are two sets of stairs here; both appear to go to the second floor. There is a small potted cactus here, sitting next to an apartment door.

What do I do now?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Pick up the small potted cactus.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Teasealot wrote:Pick up the small potted cactus.

I pick up the cactus, contemplate for a moment, then decide that I should probably hold the plant by the pot instead of by the plant itself. I extract my bloodied hands and grasp the pot itself, leaving handprints on the cactus. Those needles are sharp!

The man is keeping an eye on me from a distance.

What do I do now?

-5 Health
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Return to the man.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Teasealot wrote:Return to the man.

I go back to the SOUTH towards the man, holding out the bloody cactus with a glassy stare and a fixed grin. He backs away hurriedly; I can't for the life of me figure out why. I'm trying to be friendly here! Ah well. Maybe it has something to do with the blood dripping from my hands.

To the EAST is the stairwell leading back to my apartment. To the SOUTH is the laundry room and swimming pool. To the NORTH is more apartments. To the WEST is the road leading out of my apartment complex.

I can hear distant police sirens.

What do I do now?

-1 Health
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Head east.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Night Dragon wrote:Head east.

I return to the ground floor of my building. There are four doors here, two on each the NORTH and SOUTH walls; presumably, they lead to other people's apartments. To the EAST is a parking lot. To the WEST is the parking lot that contains my car. I've left a small trail of blood from my dripping hand and cactus. The man has is still observing me from a distance, and it appears that he is talking on his phone again. I can still hear distant police sirens.

Man, those cuts were minor, but damn, they sting something awful. They'll close up soon, I'm sure. But hey, I got a free cactus!

What do I do now?

-1 Health
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Return to your apartment.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm

SD wrote:Return to your apartment.

I walk up the stairs calmly. Feeling light-headed, I look back and forth between the front door, the cactus in one hand, and the toothbrush in the other. While I ponder, the blood finally stops dripping from my hand.

I can still hear police sirens in the distance. Maybe they're a little closer now? I dunno.

What do I do now?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Balance the cactus on your head.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:53 pm

SD wrote:Balance the cactus on your head.

Weeee! Carefully, I place the pot onto top of my head, keeping one hand to it as I find my balance. Success! I wobble a little; I'm still feeling slightly light-headed for some reason. I pay careful attention to the pot, moving this way and that to keep the cactus centered and balanced. Man, I'm good at this! I continue balancing until I suddenly notice that my foot is no longer touching the ground.

Oh hey, look, stairs!

I completely lose my balance and fall sideways down the stairs, rolling to a stop at the mid-point (where the stairs happen to turn). Luckily, I didn't damage either the pot or the cactus! Yes, they are perfectly safe, if dropped, back at the top of the stairs; I can see this from my horizontal position. Actually, my vision has gone a little gray, but I successfully fight for consciousness. I think I might just lay still for a moment though as I ponder my options.

What do I do now?

-15 Health
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 am

Make an attempt to crawl back to the cactus carefully.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

Night Dragon wrote:Make an attempt to crawl back to the cactus carefully.

Man, I need that cactus. I dunno why, but I need it, you know? I begin crawling up the stairs on hands and knees as the color returns to my vision returns. There's this loud ringing noise too, behind me, kinda like a siren. I can't think of what it is though. I'm locked on this cactus, man.

I manage to reach the cactus, pulling myself up into a sitting position next to it at the top of the stairs. Such a pretty cactus...

What do I do now?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Look around for the source of the ringin' sound.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Teasealot wrote:Look around for the source of the ringin' sound.

I look up to a blur. Right, focus vision. There we go. Oh hey, look at that, it's a cop car. The police are so nice. I wonder why they're here. Oh, and look, the man from before is talking to the police officers. Is he pointing at me? How nice. Hey, one of the police officer man peoples are walking over toward me... me and my cactus. I hope they don't want to take my cactus away, it's such a nice cactus.

He's saying something, but I can't understand what he's saying.

What do I do now?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Tell him how your day has been thus far through interpretive dance.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:03 pm

SD wrote:Tell him how your day has been thus far through interpretive dance.

I stagger to my feet, sway a little bit, then point in the air.

"HOO!"

I start doing the Thriller dance, transitioning to the Robot. Soon afterwards, I start head-banging (here, I have to pause a couple of times, feeling dizzy). I'm just starting to do the Worm when the nice police officer puts my hands behind my back and starts to cuff me. I'm trying to figure out how to dance the words 'DON'T TASE ME BRO' when I'm hauled to my feet. I notice that the police officer is saying something...

"Son, I'm not gonna ask you again, are you on any drugs? Riding cloud-9?"

What do I do now?
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Flee
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Flee

I attempt to flee!

I am quickly blocked from fleeing by the police officer!

Oh hi ground, it's nice to see you again.

What do I do now?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Answer the officer's previous question with "No I am not on Cloud 9, I rolled a natural 20."
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 am

SD wrote:Answer the officer's previous question with "No I am not on Cloud 9, I rolled a natural 20."

I turn my head to look up at the officer from the ground, with the most serious expression I can pull, and say, "No sir, I am not on cloud 9; I rolled a natural 20."

The officer just stares at me for a moment before bodily picking me up and marching me towards his squad car. "It's gonna be ok son, you just come along with me alright? We're gonna go for a ride in the police car, it's gonna be ok." His voice is soothing.

What do I do now?
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Sit quietly in the back of the squad car
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:17 am

Blackwolf wrote:Sit quietly in the back of the squad car

I am put into the back of the nice policeman's squad car without resistance. I sit quietly, looking around in mute interest at everything going on around me. I'm kind of sleepy though...

I lean back and start to fall asleep as the car is turned on and starts to move

What do I do now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am