Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+16
Coydog
Zephyrion
Night Dragon
Jimbo
Nilo Kaal
Sideromelane
Drako
Keyou-bi
Blackwolf
Hraesvelgn
Winds
Eigen
Lizardbeth
dragonmanmike
Shii
Teasealot
20 posters

Eve Online

Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Eve Online - Page 11 Empty Re: Eve Online

Post by Keyou-bi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 pm

No but they did let me keep training SP even when the account was inactive ^^
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:40 pm

*huffs* Thought I'd helped... *slinks off, with her ears down, sniffling*
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Teasealot wrote:Did I help?

Teasealot wrote:*huffs* Thought I'd helped... *slinks off, with her ears down, sniffling*

*Pounce Hugs!!!* Yah I just had to cal them up and they were retarted about what they were doing. Thanks for the help, but I got it done through a different way *leaps off before Blackwolf sees him*
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 am

That battleship didn't go done easy, almost 10 minutes or so of concentrated fire from quad 200mm linked railguns plus 3 ogre heavy attack drones but thanks Keyou-bi.
    I don't mind the hug's, just keep the paws where I can see 'em!

By the by, Jimbo & Nilo, I take it you know how to group weapons ?
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 am

Que? D:
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 am

Weapon Grouping: Unload your weapons, and undock. Under your capacitor/Velocity circle, to the right of it, there's a small white arrow. Click on it, you should get a list. Look for enter Grouping Mode, and click on it. Then go to your guns/missiles and drag one weapon over the other. Only identical weapons can be grouped (125 carbines will not group with 125 scouts, but 125 carbines group with other 125 carbines). Once you've grouped your weapons, go back to the little white arrow and click it again. Look for Exit Grouping Mode, and click on it and there you go, weapons have been grouped. Reload.
    Oh, on the same list, there is Lock Modules (which I use, it stops you accidently dragging your modules when clicking on them.)
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:31 am

Keyou-bi, do you happen to know the Missile and Rocket equivlent for Battleships?
    I'm not sure but I think it's Citidel Torpedeos and Torpedeos ?
    Jimbo
    Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:09 am

Keyou-bi wrote:

Trasher sounds about right. Besides all Minmatar ships are made out of hope and duck tape.

And it tuns our my useless credit card company is to blame for the inability to get my account reactivated.

whats wrong with duck tape? ^^
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I see Minmater ships as the DC-3s of Evespace, doesn't matter how many holes you put in them, you'll always find something to patch them up with. Metal sheeting, ceramic plating, plastic bags, Tarpauline, string, glue, concrete... uppity Amarr... sticks, straw, other ships... paper... Duct tape... the ship's cat "Fluffy, Just hold that engine on until we come out of warp, the momentum will allow us to dock"...
    Cheese eating surrender monkey... er... Gallente ships and Caldari are the mid ground, the bits are mass produced and readily available...
    Amarr ships are the Pimp Your Ride ships, everyone's impressed with their shiny gold plated hulls and thinks it would be cool to fly one, but half the cargo taken up with useless stereo equipment... and if Westwood jumped out in front of me, saying he's here to Pimp my Ride, they'd have to start by removing his carcass from the front grill of my ship...
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:18 pm

This game's all about waiting. My Caldari Lv4 frigate will be upgraded in a couple of hours (finally) but I still have to train Cruiser skill to Lv3 in order to use the Moa T-T
    Sideromelane
    Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Keyou-bi, do you happen to know the Missile and Rocket equivlent for Battleships?

Cruise missiles for PVE and anything other than missiles for PVP.

(((!!!![[[[[EXAMPLE - NO NEED TO GET OFFENSIVE ABOUT SOME MINOR ADVISE!]]]]]!!!!))) A cruise raven will take down drone battleships (The Infected Dominix hulls) in four or five volleys, or less than a minute, give or take skills.

Last edited by Sideromelane on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Sideromelane, not everyone has a Cruise Raven... or wants one. Some people enjoy the thrill of a challenge, apparently you're not one of them.

And Nilo *gives Nilo a tray of cookies*
    Sideromelane
    Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Edited. Happy now?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:46 pm

No, but that won't stop you from dictating how to do things in EvE. And that's how you come across, do it MY way or no way. And that ticks me off.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Teasealot wrote:And Nilo *gives Nilo a tray of cookies*
    COOKIES!! Aww, how did you know? *hugs Tease*
    Sideromelane
    Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:09 pm

Teasealot wrote:No, but that won't stop you from dictating how to do things in EvE. And that's how you come across, do it MY way or no way. And that ticks me off.

Umm... where do I EVER say that my way is the only way? I'm describing my experience, nothing more. If you have a better, or more efficient way to go about doing what I do and what I am trying to give advise on, then by all means correct me or show some alternitave method. But please do not presume to put words in my mouth when ALL I have done is to state a single example that personal experience tells me works.

Because that REALLy ticks ME off.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey, guys- no fighting...plz? Sad
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
    Blackwolf wrote:Keyou-bi, do you happen to know the Missile and Rocket equivlent for Battleships?

(((!!!![[[[[EXAMPLE - NO NEED TO GET OFFENSIVE ABOUT SOME MINOR ADVISE!]]]]]!!!!))) A cruise raven will take down drone battleships (The Infected Dominix hulls) in four or five volleys, or less than a minute, give or take skills.

That's not what I asked,
    I was asking whats the step up
    Rockets - Heavy Assault Missiles - ?
    Missiles - Heavy Missiles - ?
    Sideromelane
    Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm not interested in fighting. I just get really annoyed when someone gives me grief for trying to help. It's like getting mugged while trying to help someone cross the road.

Blackwolf wrote:
    Sideromelane wrote:

That's not what I asked,
    I was asking whats the step up
    Rockets - Heavy Assault Missiles - ?
    Missiles - Heavy Missiles - ?

Ohh. I understand what you mean now.

AFAIK there are no assault equivelents to Cruise missiles. The two 'battleship'* Missile variants are Cruise and Siege launchers, which use Cruise and Torpedos respectivly.
    Torps are faster firing I think, with higher damage, but MUCH lower tracking and range. (Making them more or less the equivelent to cruise launchers I guess, but CCP have not really done anything good with missiles in a while, so...) However, with the right ship, and bonuses, torpedos can be gotten to 60k range with semi decent tracking (The Torp Golem is a prime example of this). And as such are very good in PVE.

Citadel torps are capship weapons. I think in theory you might squeeze one onto a battleship... But it wouldnt hit much.

Does that help?

*Missiles going Rockets, Standard Missile/Standard Assault, Heavy/Heavy Assault, Cruise/Torp, Citadel/?.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:40 pm

Blackwolf wrote:I don't mind the hug's, just keep the paws where I can see 'em!

*Keeps his hands up in a non threatening manner...*

Please to note that the answer here is for more then just your question Blackwolf.

Okay because I have been asked this question many time from many people I shall put it here so everyone can see it. Weapons in eve come in two flavors, 1 is a short range damage per second, the second is long range high volley damage. This is of course with a few exceptions how things are organized. For missiles they are are called the Assault and Standard groups. They go in the fallowing evolutions...

Long Range = Standard Missiles (Frigate) -> Heavy Missiles (Cruiser) -> Cruiser Missiles (Battleship) -> Citadel Torpedos (Capital)
    Short Range = Rockets (Frigate) -> Assault Missiles (Frigate/Cruiser) -> Heavy Assault Missiles (Cruiser) -> Torpedos (Battleship)

Gun work slighty differently in that they do not have the individual names for the each class they go on. But rather a size classification, small turrets are for frigates, mediums are for cruisers, large are for battleships, and extra large are for capitals. The differece can be noted on the weapon symbol, they will have a S, M, L, or XL, depending on their size. They fall into the fallowing groups.

Short Range = Auto Cannon, Pulse Laser, Blaster
    Long Range = Artillery, Beam Laser, Rail Gun

Pleas note that it is fairly universal with guns that the longer the range the worse the tracking. So long range guns always have a worse tracking then their shirt range counterparts. So long range are good for distant engagements while short range means that you can deal with things that are in your face.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm

To both of you, Thank you
    Though I have one remaining question, what are Bombs for ? Capital ships or can they be fitted to subcaps ? (Battleships for example)
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:56 pm

There are 3 types of Bombs in the game. There are smart Bombs which are area of effect low rate of fire damage dealers. They range from micro to large. They are good for clearing drones or making a lot of frigates have a bad day. But be aware they can hit anything for damage and therefore will result in a corcording if you hit something that you do not have agro to.

There are Bombs, they can only be used in 0.0 and are fired from a ships bomb launcher. They come in 3 flavors. A void bomb drains all the cap of a all ships in the area of effect, Cuncosion Bombs do damage, and EMP bombs are a area of effect ECM burst. They can only be used by Stealth Bombers.

The final one is called a Doomsday Device. That effects everything on the grid (A grid is about 250km across) for up to 70,000 damage of one damage type. They can only be used by titans and be fired every hour.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:08 am

Finally got ma first cruiser and decked it out ^-^
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:36 am

What Cruiser ?
    My first cruiser was a Moa, still got her and am currently rigging her.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 am

An Osprey. Already bought a Caracal and a Moa, though I can't use them yet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content