Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+8
canadianbacon
LyonPride
Pandora
DannyBoy
Teh Chay
Lord Grey II
SD
Teasealot
12 posters

Bob's Tavern.

SD
    SD

Bob's Tavern. - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob's Tavern.

Post by SD Thu May 07, 2009 6:40 pm

*SD cleans his sword off around the time of the sun setting. There's a half eaten meal next to him.*

Well at least we can get some rest for a while.

Yeah rest sure that's a great idea.

Huh?

*he looks around the room. He sees in the window a ghosted version of the inverted version of himself.*

Oh great now I'm seeing things.

No not really, I'm pretty much the sociopath that's inside of you. Lucky that sword can let me be a little more noticed.

Either way I'm not interested in you. Once I get back home this thing is going back to where it belongs. And I never have to deal with you again.

Well if it weren't for me you'd be dead now...or soulless. Isn't that the same thing though.

Get out of here!

*throws the plate at the ghostly figure. It disappears.*

Oh well, just remember I'm here if you need me.

*growls a little.*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu May 07, 2009 6:43 pm

From what I saw the demon was already fsck up before you took it down.

That's 'cause I f*cked it up. Quit breaking stuff dude.

*stalks out to own room. Sits, nurse comes in*

Don't touch me. I'm fine. Other than a few bruises on my butt, I don't need anything.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu May 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Teasealot wrote:Me: Bit, project geographical map showing all battlegrounds, graveyards and charnel houses within... 50 miles of our location, please.

Bit: Yes! *projects map, showing some 90 points on it*

It's not immediately obvious, but you notice that... the deadites weren't attempting to enter the castle? The village was long overrun, of course, but castle seems untouched...

--------------

Slightly harassed servants appear in the doorway to each of your rooms. " The Lord of the Manor requests your presence as soon as possible. I will guide you to the main chamber."

In response to your questioning looks, the servants lean forward with a slightly conspiratorial voice, "I believe it has something to do with your other friend. I heard that the healer has reported to the Lord." They lean back and, in the more official voice, "Please milord/milady, right this way."
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri May 08, 2009 12:38 am

Untouched my butt. A damn demon rose out of the ground and tried to eat SD...

Why do the servants keep staring at us like we're about to explode?
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri May 08, 2009 10:24 am

Just let me get dressed in something formal and I will be along.

*switching to the Kilrathi language*

Bit, I have some suspicions about why the castle isn't being assaulted. Scan the castle for any negative energy spikes or demonic influence, and I know you have the energy signature of that damned book in your database. If you find it, tell me.

Bit: Aff!!

Me: And Bit, active camo mode.

Bit: Aff!!! *Bit fades from sight as he phases and goes invisible*

Me: Good boy.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 am

Umm fine, I'll be there in a minute.

*the servant takes his leave. SD slips on his trench coat. He picks up his sword and pistols.*

Hmmm

*he puts the sword down but puts the guns in his holsters behind his back and under his coat.*

Something ain't right...

*walks out of his room*

[servant]This way sir.

Lead on.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Fri May 08, 2009 1:36 pm

All of the servant's patiently wait for the lot of you to finish getting ready, and you all re-group in the hallway. The three servants pull ahead of the group, leading the way, but just far enough ahead that they can chatter amongst themselves without being rude. Conveniently, this allows SD, Pandora, and Tease to talk amongst themselves, provided they do not talk too loudly. They pass suspicious guards every few moments as they stride through the halls.

The halls themselves were knotted in a strange fashion. The architect seemed not to care to take any direct path, but rather many curved paths. Not many passage ways actually connected in servant bypasses and such, as one typically found in castles. For this reason, it would take a while to walk to the main chamber, despite the actual distance from it. One would just have to traverse many rather unyielding stone walls to get to it in such a fashion.

The halls, or at least the pattern, seemed rather familiar, like the word on the tip of your tongue.

Teasealot wrote:Bit, I have some suspicions about why the castle isn't being assaulted. Scan the castle for any negative energy spikes or demonic influence, and I know you have the energy signature of that damned book in your database. If you find it, tell me.

(Spoken quietly from Bit to Tease, in Kilrathi) "Negative energy fluxes at a minimum. Auras suggest demonic magicks has been used recently, but not in current use. Two matches on Necronomicon. First match, [OOC: insert where-ever Pandora put it here. On person or in room? Up to her]. Second match, under the main chamber of this castle. Chronologically different signatures, but the alpha patterns are the same."
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm

-whispers to Bit in Kilrathi- Do a pattern analysis of this castle. Check all references, starting with demonology and working out through other magicks, then the non-magickal references. Tell me if find something and store the pattern for projection when we are in private. And thanks, my little friend.

*Turns to the others, whispering*

We have a problem. There seems to be two Necronomicons here, one's is definitely in the castle, under the main chamber, that one's from this time period. And it's been used recently.
    The other one is from our time.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri May 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Hmm in that case.

*snaps his fingers. the gauntlets and shin guards appear. He rolls his sleeves down to hide the gauntlets*

Best to be prepared. This guy gave off a bad vibe from the moment I saw him.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 pm

(Bit, Kilrathi, quietly, etc) "Working... working... wo..."

"..."

"[insert gibberish in Kilrathi here]"

----------------

The trio round a corner to find the entrance to the main hall. It is still some distance ahead, and the large wooden doors are shut. With a gesture from the servants, the guards manning the doors nod and begin turning a large crank. The doors begin to open.

As all three cross the halfway point, they are stopped by a handful of guards (OOC: which I define to be 4. Randomly). The head guard, presumedly, steps forward and offers a polite half-bow.

"Excuse me, sir and madams, but we are instructed to ask that you remove your weapons and give them to us for safe keeping. No weapons may be present in the throne room. To allay your worries, this is a mere spell effect that our Lord and Master has placed on the room. No one, including the Master, may have weapons. I have seen with my own eyes what happens to those who try anyways."

A shadow of guilt and terror crosses his eyes, confirming that he spoke the truth. At least, the truth as he saw it.

"I'm terribly sorry, but there won't be any weapons in the hall." He gestures to the side. "You may either present your weapons to my men, or, if you prefer, you may place your weapons on the table over here. They will not be touched will you convene with the Master."

[OOC] Ok, I know I've been playing DM for a little while my character is... something (gonna find out in a sec, with the next few rounds of me posting, I'm betting), and while I'm having fun driving the RP for now, maybe someone else would like to take the reins afterwards? I'd like to hear whether people like where I'm going with this, whether they'd like to drive, etc etc. If you really think I suck at this, send me a private and I'll tell you the ideas that I'm steering towards with this and you can take the wheel. Otherwise, just let me know here in OOC when you'd like to DM. Unless, of course, you all think I'm doing a good job/no one else wants to do it. Cause it is fun. I'm starting to repeat myself, aren't I? I'll shut up now. Or will I?!

yes. [/OOC]
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat May 09, 2009 12:22 am

*Looks at chainsaw hand, puts up other hand*

Yeah, um, got a slight problem with that. This weapon *holds up chainsaw* kind of IS my hand...

(I might be out for a couple days. I think I have the flu. I know I'm sick, that's for sure, but I don't know with what. Don't get too far ahead...)
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat May 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:"I'm terribly sorry, but there won't be any weapons in the hall." He gestures to the side. "You may either present your weapons to my men, or, if you prefer, you may place your weapons on the table over here. They will not be touched will you convene with the Master."

Then I wish to send my apologies to your Master, that I will not be convening with him.

*Whispers to the others*

I have a couple of defensive weapons~ interlaced with my body and my aura, so I can't go in there. I think he'd pretty much ignore us girls any way.

*Turns and walks back to her room*

(~ Feel free to ask about what the weapons are, through a PM)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm

*takes out his pistols and shows them to the guard, he places them on the table. Starts to walk into the room. The guard stops SD.*

"The gauntlets and shin guards."

They're for defensive purposes.

"Still considered a weapon. I suggest you remove them."

*takes the guards off and puts them on the table.*

Am I good now?

"We'll find out in a second."

*looks back at Pan and Tease.*

I'll be back in a minute.

*walks in to the throne room.*
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat May 09, 2009 7:05 pm

*Inside SD's head, he hears Tease's voice* Just realised you're still wearing the cherub. I can tap into your senses, if you allow me. It doesn't allow me to control you or tap into your memories, that's a completely different piece of kit, but it kinda turns you into a full sensory huskycam. It'll let us watch and listen to the conversation with the Lord.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 pm

*fiddles with starter cord on chainsaw and looks at Tease*

I don't like the feeling I'm getting here. Something tells me that the Deadites haven't left this place untouched. My bs meter is singing...you never know with those guys.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sat May 09, 2009 9:00 pm

*walks around the throne room. No one is in their, but there's an elaborate table set up for dinner.*

Tease, something's not right....No one's here, but I feel like I'm being watched.

*checks the table. A simple meal, of chicken, sweet potatoes, corn, and other food items.*

Dinner? But didn't they just feed us?

*a servant comes in.*

[servent]I'm sorry sir, but the lord will only be a moment longer. Please have a seat until then. May I ask where your colleagues are?

Uhh. The one who's being treated is still very ill. The other two have circumstances that prevent them from entering this hall. Tell the lord to....take his time.

*the servant bows and takes her leave.*

Yeah my bull meter just went off the chart. I never heard of a high figure being late to his own meeting, at his own place.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat May 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Tell SD not to eat that food. No matter what. Don't eat it.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sun May 10, 2009 6:59 am

*Passes Pandora a headset* He can hear you now.
    DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 am

(Its really hard to get back in the action after such a long absence knowing you'll be away for along time again after you post)

*After being teleported away once again Danny had found himself in a galaxy much like our own only far far away and apparently along time ago. Within the galaxy he had many adventures alot of success and failure all culminating in him getting possesion of a space craft. While not the fastest or the prettiest it served as home for him on his mission to get back to his home and friends. So with a new prototype warp disruption engine he set out to try and get back to Bob's Tavern*

"Well here goes nothing."

*He flips a switch and infront of his ship all large boiling maelstrom of distorted chaotic space opens and his ship proceeds to fly towards his friends hopefully to be reunited*
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 pm

(OOC: Slightly unexpected split! Oo. Smile So, I take it from the lack of objections that I should just keep running with this?)

After a few minutes the Lord of the Manor strides purposefully into the throne room from the opposite end, followed by two servants pushing a cart, carrying a body with an golden-amber glow around it. As they make their way towards the table, the Lord appraises SD. "I do believe that I summoned all of My guests, not merely one of you. Did you think there was not a reason for this?" He waves his hand towards what is unmistakably Grey's body. "Despite whatever impressions you may have gained of Me, your friend's condition interests Me, and I wish to... heal him." That word was said distastefully, perhaps because it had not passed those lips in such a long time.

The Lord seats himself at the table, and the two servants that had accompanied him move the food SD spotted earlier closer to the Lord, who begins to eat. "Please, have a seat. And, to business. Although I would prefer that, if the other members of your group do not wish to be here, than they should not listen in." His brow furrows in brief concentration.

---------------

Away from the throne room, the telepathic link and the headset handed to Pandora breaks. Bit momentarily spouts gibberish in Kilrathi faster and louder than before.

---------------

At the same time, the cherub on SD emits a pop and a crackle, falling off onto the floor. "Ah, much better. I do really abhor spying inside of My Domain. Now, the situation as I see it: your group has invited the mess that is outside this castle, " gesturing with a fork, "and nearly invited Old Man Trouble to My doorstep. I am familiar with the demons in question. Therefore I deduce that you have an object of power, similar to one I may or may not already own. However, I was under the impression that it was the only one in existence." The Lord's expression darkens dramatically. "So, I put the question to you; what is your purpose here? Who are you? And why can I not undo what you have wrought? The time was not ripe for an invasion."

He looks away thoughtfully for a moment, chewing idly on a piece of chicken.
    DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy Sun May 10, 2009 12:25 pm

(I inserted that last part mostly to make a smaller and slower rp so I wouldn't be completely left out and to set a possible future rp for the rest of you when the current arc is done. Also as how I enjoy both star wars and warhammer 40k it would be nice to set up a scifi to. Hopefully I won't be this busy for the entire year but chances are I'm gonna get left out of a lot insert very sad tiger face )
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

This guy's a jerk. I don't like him. *turns to Tease* If he wanted all of us in here, he should have made it so all of us could actually set foot in there. *shouts purposefully through the door*
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun May 10, 2009 4:00 pm

*SD takes a seat from across the king.*

Well...let's see if we can do this in order. I appreciate you trying to heal Grey, since none of us really know what's wrong with him. As for the reason why I'm the only one here, Teasealot and Pandora both have conditions that prevent them from entering this hall according to the guard stationed outside. As for me, I only have my weapons and physical abilities. And for our fifth member, he seems to be having problems with a device he has. We don't know where he is, but we can be sure it has nothing to do with you.

*hears Pan's yelling past the door, he chuckles a bit.*

As for this object of power you're wondering about, personally I have no clue how it works. I'm not entirely sure where it is, but there's a reasonable though at the same time bizarre explanation as to why there's two.

*picks up a wine glass and twirls it a little.*

You see it's not really two different ones, rather they're the same just from different periods of time. We're not from around here as you can see by our attires and weaponry. The only reason we're here is because we want to set a few things up so we can get our.....pub back where it's suppose to be and get us back to our own plain of existence. Once we figure out what we need to do we'll be on our way, and hopefully what we need to do has nothing to do with you.

*kicks his feet up on the table.*

So now I have two questions for you. What's your plan with Grey, and why exactly do you have the 'object of power' in your possession?

(Woooo! Recap FTW!!)
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sun May 10, 2009 7:05 pm

(OOC: Go recap, it's your birthday, go recap... *dances* Razz )

The Lord puts down fork and food, leaning forward to steeple his fingers. "Your lady friend is most impolite. This chamber was placed My protection. No poisons, weapons, magical or scientific devices of mal-intent can be here, which is usually a diplomatic courtesy. I had not realized that... weapons could not be separated from some persons. That is an intriguing idea that I shall look into after you have left." He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "You say you are from another time? The future, of course. The magic practiced in My courtyard and the scientific devices that one of your party possesses is far beyond the norm of today. This would explain why there are two Necronomicons, yes." He seems to be talking to himself at this point.

After a moment he shakes his head and frowns across to SD. "What I do in My own time is My business, although if you are indeed from the future, I have no doubt that I will be in the texts. Your arrival here has upset My plans greatly. As for your feline friend, there is absolutely nothing I can do for him. In fact, there is only one person who can, for which he is lucky indeed, because I invited her here. I can, however, tell you exactly what is wrong."

"Your friend had a protective spell that drew mana automatically through a mana conduit. As far as I can tell, the spell phased him in and out of reality whenever an attack would touch him. An effective spell, but letting any spell run wantonly is dangerous. Unfortunately, since the spell draws mana automatically, it attempts to do so even if the user has no mana reserves. As any first year mana mage will tell you, drawing mana without mana reserves draws life force to power the spell instead. His mana conduit, however," the lord gestures at the broom, "protects from his life force from being drained away. Were this the situation, he would have awoken by now. Instead, the spell must have received a boost, which accelerated the spell and almost permanently phased him out of reality. Luckily for him, the golden field around him right now has anchored him. Unluckily, he is phased out of reality to everyone except who the spell recognized as friendly just before it went critical. I believe that to be whoever placed this field about him, and I believe that person to be standing out in the hall. I can tell you exactly what needs to be done, and when."

He eyes SD critically before speaking again. "However, before I do, we must negotiate My price for your stay. You have upset My plans, intruded on My Domain, sought My aid, and spied in My castle. I am afraid such matters cannot be allowed to slip underneath the table, as it were. I need not gold nor weapons nor knowledge. No, I'm afraid I would like your feline friend to stay here. Indefinitely. After he has been brought back into service, of course. A mage capable of weaving this spell would be of great use to me. What say you?"

(OOC: I realize I'm unconscious, so call it a gut feeling on your part. I DON'T WANT TO STAY HERE.)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Hmm leave Grey here and that'll be considered due payment?

*tilts back and looks up at the ceiling. SD admires the Gothic architecture.*

Mmmmmmm. No.

*He jumps up and rushes to Grey and pushes the servants to the side. He picks up his limb body and makes a dash to the doors. He kicks them open and throws Grey at Pan and Tease. At that moment a iron gate crashes down and cuts SD off from the others.*

Go run! I'll meet up with you later!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:32 am