Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
LastArcher
Teasealot
Lord Grey II
TeenageAngst
Invalid
9 posters

Furry Sunbathing?

Invalid
    Invalid

Furry Sunbathing? Empty Furry Sunbathing?

Post by Invalid Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I notice a lot of commissions of furries sunbathe lately, how in the world can fur be tanned, althoe reptiles might get some results. I don't see why a wolf,cat,etc would sit out in the sun and sunbathe, If im wrong about fur, tell me I don't know if fur can get darker from the sun light but I beleive it's not likely.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Furry Sunbathing? Empty Re: Furry Sunbathing?

Post by TeenageAngst Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:34 pm

It actually gets lighter. I know a lot of blondes that have brown hair in the winter and shiny blonde hair in the summer months.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:15 am

Yep, one could lighten one's fur. Bleaching your hair via the sun.

Plus, you know, there's just the sheer pleasure of sitting out in the sun and relaxing on the beach.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 am

In real life, I've seen various animals actually lie in the sun for the simple pleasure of getting warmed by it, cats in particular are known to sunbathe, but I've also seen dogs, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs (cavies), hamsters, ferrets, fish (swimming around in the sunbeam shining through their tank), and birds (budgies, parrots, blackbirds, crows and once a Golden Eagle) just sitting or lying in the sun for no other reason than to enjoy the feel of the sun on them. I've also heard of dolphins,whales and some sharks (particularly whale sharks and porbeagle "Fox" sharks) just lazily swimming or floating on the surface, as if they were sunbathing.
    So it makes sense that furries would sunbathe too.
    LastArcher

Post by LastArcher Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:53 am

Reptiles like snakes and lizards are need the sun to get thier bloodstream in action and in the right temperature, if I don´t get that wrong from what I read.
    Besides, a sunbath makes a really good feeling and it helps to relax. But not when you lay to long in the sun and get a sunburn.
    That hurts.
    A lot.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Sunbathing and suntanning are not necessarily the same thing. Many animals, including humans, require sunlight for healthy body processes. Additionally, if you ever have the oppurtunity on a cool and sunny fall or spring day to lay out and watch clouds wander by, I strongly advise it. Don't do anything, just lay there and listen to the world around you. It does wonders for both the mind and the soul.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I totally agree with you Coydog, I'm hating the fact that it's winter right now, I would love to laze outside on the grass of our garden in the sun... gonna have to wait a while....
    Jimbo
    Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm

I also agree with Coydog, just laying on the gound and watch the clouds pass by is something most do far to little of these days.
    I also want to say that I love that fact that its winter now. Soon the snow comes! Then I will just go out and lay in the snow and watch the clouds...
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:57 am

Jimbo wrote:I also agree with Coydog, just laying on the gound and watch the clouds pass by is something most do far to little of these days.
    I also want to say that I love that fact that its winter now. Soon the snow comes! Then I will just go out and lay in the snow and watch the clouds...

See my DA journal entry (Bah..Humbag) on that.
    And laying out watching the clouds is fine, till some f###er of a seagull tries (and misses) to dump on your head.
    (the dozy bint who lives next door who I dislike wasn't so lucky )
    water_fairy_tattoo
    water_fairy_tattoo

Post by water_fairy_tattoo Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 am

Tease is right thay do it not to get tan but to warm them self. I mean would you want to be cold or some what warm?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:07 am