Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
LastArcher
Night Dragon
Teasealot
Lord Grey II
Invalid
9 posters

Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling.

Poll

Favorite Genre?

[ 1 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left11%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left11%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left0%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left0%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left33%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_left33%Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Invalid
    Invalid

Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Empty Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling.

Post by Invalid Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 pm

The world is filled with music and sound. It creates emotion, and art. It moves the soul, and expresses it. It's wild, calm, peaceful, violent, loud, soft, fast, slow, good, evil, and it goes on and on. It is a building block in the natural and unnatural worlds. It has no limits and has no rules. It just moves along and flows within everything. It is part of the creator and links into the creator. It is never the same every song different but based on the same principle. It's Boundless.

-Douglass Thompson
    aka "Mecingo"
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Empty Re: Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling.

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:12 pm

I like a smattering of songs in pretty much every genre, with the exception of rap. I've not yet encountered a rap song that didn't make me instantly want to bash in the speakers, or give me a headache.

Mostly I listen to meditation music, which isn't listed. It'd be close to ambient though. Of the listed, I pick classical.

It really depends on my mood though.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling. Empty Re: Favorite Music Genre, Discuss and Release feeling.

Post by Teasealot Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Most types of music I like, dislike Rap and Techno.
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 am

Well I was trying to select Can't make up my mind, but my laptop pulls a kick and bumps my vote down to the last.

I like country, rock, classic, some big band, Gregorian chant, and a couple other, except rap.
    LastArcher

Post by LastArcher Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 pm

My favorite is Metal and Rock but Techno is also fine. Belongs on what I`m doing and how my mood is.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 pm

I love pretty much any type of music, but if I had to choose favorites...

Classic Rock, Metal, and Techno would be my top three. I despise rap. I don't particulary listen to classical or country either.
    UFAlien
    UFAlien

Post by UFAlien Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:29 am

I don't have a favorite... I like smatterings. I like some pop, mostly from the 80s and 90s, and a bit from the early 2000's. I also like some rock, mostly 80s rock. I find some J-pop to be good, usually the slower songs. I generally dislike rap, but I make an exception for "melody rap" - raps set to real, melodic music, usually with other sung vocals. For the most part, this only existed in the late 80s and early 90s, with groups like Milli Vanilli, Try NB, and Rob & Fab. More recent examples would be "Where is the Love" and "Where'd You Go".

My least favorite is probably either metal or the Snow Patrol, Plain White Tees "soft rock" sort of thing, which I liked at first but now can't stand.
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:36 am

remove rap, religion and country, and you'll be left with the genres i like.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Hmm....you danced around jazz, disco, and funk. You also danced around progressive rock. Must I throw Rush, the holy triumvirate, at you all?
    Invalid
    Invalid

Post by Invalid Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 am

Bosco1513 wrote:Hmm....you danced around jazz, disco, and funk. You also danced around progressive rock. Must I throw Rush, the holy triumvirate, at you all?

It's mostly a poll to determine what Music Genre people like the most. Personally I like all music execpt rap.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 am

Mecingo wrote:
    Bosco1513 wrote:Hmm....you danced around jazz, disco, and funk. You also danced around progressive rock. Must I throw Rush, the holy triumvirate, at you all?

It's mostly a poll to determine what Music Genre people like the most. Personally I like all music execpt rap.

In support of Bosco1513, Jazz, Disco, and Funk are music genres which didn't get respresented on the list. You also missed Barbershop and Opera.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 pm