Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+16
Coydog
Zephyrion
Night Dragon
Jimbo
Nilo Kaal
Sideromelane
Drako
Keyou-bi
Blackwolf
Hraesvelgn
Winds
Eigen
Lizardbeth
dragonmanmike
Shii
Teasealot
20 posters

Eve Online

Coydog
    Coydog

Eve Online - Page 17 Empty Re: Eve Online

Post by Coydog Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm

By the way, I enjoy reading this thread just to try and figure out what the heck you are talking about, having never played EVE.

Please continue. Wink
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm

In simple terms, EvE is so engrossing, it can be a second life for those that play it.
    On this fourm alone we have
    Keyobi - Who likes the cut throat world of low/null sec space, where the strong make the rules
    Nilo - The same
    Tease & Myself - We prefer the Empire world, gathering resources for other players.

Long may we entertain you with out storys Smile
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 am

Okay time for an epic thread.

To get on Singularity (TEST SERVER) also know as SiSi. You will need to jump through a few hoops. Fist make a full copy of your eve client, That is the folder in the CCP folder that is named EVE. Name the folder as EVE Singularity, this is very important for later. After it is copied, go into the forlder and make a shortcut of EVE.exe. Then right click on the short cut and rename it as EVE Singularity. Now this is the tricky part. Right click on it again, select 'properties'. When it pops up you will see a part of the the info called target. you want to add a space AFTER the information already in there and type "/server:85237.38.50" without the quote. Then apply and exit. After that open up the new client. If it says that you are looking at Singualrity, then you have done it. You will more then likely have to DL a massive patch because of the up coming expansion. If you have any trouble with that then there is a page on the website that can help you.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

Keyou-bi wrote:Okay time for an epic thread.

To get on Singularity (TEST SERVER) also know as SiSi. You will need to jump through a few hoops. Fist make a full copy of your eve client, That is the folder in the CCP folder that is named EVE. Name the folder as EVE Singularity, this is very important for later. After it is copied, go into the forlder and make a shortcut of EVE.exe. Then right click on the short cut and rename it as EVE Singularity. Now this is the tricky part. Right click on it again, select 'properties'. When it pops up you will see a part of the the info called target. you want to add a space AFTER the information already in there and type "/server:85237.38.50" without the quote. Then apply and exit. After that open up the new client. If it says that you are looking at Singualrity, then you have done it. You will more then likely have to DL a massive patch because of the up coming expansion. If you have any trouble with that then there is a page on the website that can help you.

Feh, sounds like to much effort, still intresting to know
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm

I doubt this will be needed, but if anyone wants some high sec hauling done, my mammoth is capable of carrying a jetcan plus change worth of cargo
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:48 pm

So I was perusing around the wastes of null sec when the local intel network started chattering about a Hurricane class battlecruiser hunting in our space. It was designated as an enemy and had already taken down a few of our pilots who were hunting the local pirate population. This Hurricane had already been spotted earlier in the say going after pilots doing the same thing in our neighbors space (Morsus Mihi). So i manage do find him running around in our main system. I hoped in my Curse class recon ship (a tech 2 cruiser that excells at warfare). And so the hunt began.

Now he was faster then me and kept ahead of me agood amount of the time. Evading me 3 or 4 times but just being faster to gates and lucky on the locations he was going. I had chased him for most of the day when i saw him come back into Majesta space. By this time most of Morsus Mihi was an angery bees nest wanting to take him down. I saw him coming through back to towards me and guessed what gate he was going to warp to. So i used a jump bridge to get ahead of him. It gave me 30 seconds to get to the bridge and get to the gate he was coming through. I got through the gate and was in warp to the gate when he came into the system.

I landed on gate and turned on my meager tank and prepared the ship for battle. The Curse is not a heavy hitter, it depends on completely disableing the targets abbility to do damage or move and then goes in with drones for the kill. A truely deadly machine if you know what to do with it. I had tracking disruptors on her, which render enemy turrets useless. And I had a full rack of energy draining equipment, which can render ships powerless and very vulnerable.

I deployed my drones and made it very clear that i was ready to fight a ship that by all right should tear me apart. With that the Hurricane decloaked about 15km from me and its pilot announced in local "Now you die fool". His ship turned towards me and charged, its speed augmented by the power of a micro warp drive, making the ship impossibly fast. I knew I had to get him off the gate so i turned on my far less powerful but much less cap dependent afterburner and started motoring away. He opened up with massive barrages of 220mm auto cannons. His rounds obliterated my shield with just a few vollies. My drones immediately set on him, tearing into him. He was soon eating at my armor, but I had to get him off the gate or he would escape to terrorize my space again. I made on remark in the intel channel and then set about the fight "I have him".

The only two souls in the entire system were locked in mortal combat. He dragged him 30km off the gate and then I sprung my trap. Firing of my energy neutralizers and energy vampires i stared eating into his capacitor, a capacitor that was already taxed with the burden of a microwarp drive. Soon his cap failed him and he slowed down. My armor was almost gone but then the second part of my plan went into effect. I activated my tracking disruptors and began to orbit him. His guns began missing and my armor rep brought me out of trouble. Soon he ship started turning to get back to the gate, he was making a desperate run for safety. His guns trying to find purchase on me but failing to land anything.

My drones started to work him hard now, no longer chasing their pray they landed and began to take large chunks of armor out of an already riddled hull. But they did meager amounts of damage and he was flying a battlecruiser. I was affraid that he would make it out alive. But soon the angery swarm came in for its glorious revenge. The gate activated and an alliance mate decloaked in a Drake class Battlecruiser and began firing heavy missiles home. Then the local channel revealed that the swarm had made it to taregt.

Soon 20 ships landed on target and were beating the last breath out of the monster. With a loud clap, the hull of the Hurricane vanished in a ball of fire. All the remained was the pilots emergency pod and the wreck of the once proud ship. The pilot cused me in the local channel for being nothing less then the worst pilot to ever fly. But i had won the day and left my only comment to him "Good Fight". My hull had not suffered the pounding of the Hurricane to well. My armor was repaired by my on-boared repair systems, but my hull had taken a battering. Fires were venting into space, some of the major decks had been compramized, but the ship had held together. I flew to the wreckage of the ship and grab anything that i could salvage off. He had had a good run around, some of the modules that droped were worth a good deal of money. I took what I wanted and left the rest for the hungery vultures that showed up a bit too late.

((This is a embelished story of a PvP combat that actually took place. Decided to write it as a bit of a story))
    "Curse" class Recon Cruiser
    "Hurricane" class Battlecrusier
    Zephyrion
    Zephyrion

Post by Zephyrion Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:04 pm

*Applauds Keyou-Bi* Well done sir, well done. A fine bit of flying and story telling.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:49 pm

There are more to come!
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:29 am

Intresing if a little flowery. Still a good read and well done on defending your space.
    I'll buy you a beer next time I see you Smile
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 am

This nullsec experience is intense. Made 25 mil in the past 3 days and it just keeps coming in! Sweetness.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 am

Just watch your six, nothing sucks like getting your ass shot off.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:46 am

Yup. Haven't died yet- hope to keep that up for a while. Damn paranoia is keeping me alive for now
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I think the best way to describe null set is this. Hours upon hours of pure mind numbing boredom punctuated very rarely by minuets of shire adrenolene pumping fear and terror.

Remember to keep the local chat tab seperate so that you can see who is in system.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah see that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, plus with my uni timetable, I bearly have time as it is to Harvest and mission run so it's doubtfull you'll see me in pvp.

On a diffrent vein, at 21:30 my time tommrow, my Rokh will be up and running Smile
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:59 pm

PvP? Me? Pssssshhhh, hell no. I just rat in the belts and do plexes with my corpmate. I try to stay alive, that's all I do.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Yah I'm the idiot flying around and losing ships...
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:24 am

Keyou-bi wrote:Yah I'm the idiot flying around and losing ships...

At least you didn't lose a full rigged Cov to some jackass pirate motherf~~~er who thinks it's funny to warp into an ice field and smartbomb...
    After checking the combat log, this slime was in a Typhoon and the killing blow was a large smartbomb.

Bitch
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:15 am

I've been paid Smile
    I have money Smile
    My replacemet Covetor is up and running Smile
    A friend gave me some money to keep me going Smile
    I was able to pay Tease for her help Smile
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:06 am

Getting a Raven on friday, the Rokh has diffuculty if I'm unable to choose my warp in point, close range combat is not her strong point.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 am

So i managed to get a fleet killed when i warped to the wrong gate and lost an abaddon. The fleet warped to me to try and save me and then they got jumped by the enemy fleet. I of course got blamed for this. I'm so f-ing stressed out about school and real life, i don't need people telling me how useless i am.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:18 am

Damn that sucks
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 pm

First rule of Fleet Command: It's always YOUR decision that dictates the Fleet's future.

Keyou-bi, it was not YOUR fault that the fleet got jumped, the blame falls completely on the Fleet Commander for ordering in the fleet to try and rescue you. I apologise for this, but if I was a Fleet Commander in that situation, I would have not risked the fleet for a single ship. I would have apologised for not coming, but in the way of Fleets, the Fleet comes first, not the individual. Even for a friend.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Yah, we had a breif conversation before he dropped the fleet on me, he said he could not risk the fleet to save me, and I said good don't save me from my or stupidity. Then he asked me to start calling pimaries and i knew he had made a mistake. Then he fliped out on me and acused me of getting the fleet lost. I fired back with "I told you to let me die and you came in, you made the call, it was your fleet!" and his responce was something like "I'm not going to let people just die".

I might have saved my pod if he had not come in, but the sad part was that as soon as the fleet started showing up the enemy fleet put up about 10 warp disruption bubbles and I could not get away.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Fleet Command, if your good, people will love you, frack it up once and be forever scorned.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:07 am

Considering we had gone 2 months and are involved with 3 major campaigns. This was the first outright loss we have sustained. It was inevitable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content