Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+31
Cuboos
Shachza
Bosco1513
Chesamo
Invalid
water_fairy_tattoo
Lizardbeth
RedCheetah
God
Jimbo
LastArcher
Coydog
TeenageAngst
Nilo Kaal
Night Dragon
DannyBoy
Ekio
Winds
Cypher
AngryTiger
Keyou-bi
LyonPride
Blackwolf
Seed0
CalDayton
Sideromelane
Teasealot
SD
Lord Grey II
Teh Chay
Pandora
35 posters

Vent thread *explodes*

Pandora
    Pandora

Vent thread *explodes* - Page 6 Empty Re: Vent thread *explodes*

Post by Pandora Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 pm

For crissake! That's the third cat-attack story I've heard this month! Is there some kind of sick cat-killing trend going on? What the hell is wrong with people?
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:59 pm

While not in the league of that, a couple of years ago I was shot at by some local punks with a air rifle.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Bloody hell. The last week... ugh.

So, I've been out of a job since May (work-study funds ran out). I've got a guaranteed job waiting in September, so I needed to find a summer job, right? So, I've been looking off and on, being careful with my money, only getting groceries, that sort of thing. I've had no luck whatsoever, not even been contacted for an interview. It didn't really bother me; I've been doing odd jobs and being a gerbil for psychology studies here on campus for some spare cash. And since roughly $60 will buy me two weeks worth of groceries, I was, if need be, set all the way 'til August.

So follow me here. I had $100 on Sunday. I had to take my car in to get it inspected, which cost me $30. But I had to do it, especially since I was supposed to do it last month. So, I've got $70, right? (Bear in mind I'm rounding, but it's close enough) Ok. So, Tuesday, I go on-campus to do a psych study, for which I earned $50. Math people, pay attention here. I drove to my bank, deposited the fifty. I took a look at the receipt for my balance. Paying attention? The balance was $10.

Obviously, 70 + 50 = 10.

So, I go home and check my online statement. There's a $100 charge, and then a $10 processing fee. Both were legit, purchases I had made. I admit that. However, I was astonished to be charged.

Mostly because the purchase in question happened two-and-a-half months ago. When I still had a job, still had money, and the semester not even over yet. It took them 2.5 months to actually charge me, at the most inconvenient time possible. AUGH.

At least, I thought, I had deposited my $50 so that my account wasn't negative. At least I still have $10. So, on Tuesday, I had to call to borrow some money for groceries, as I only had three days worth of food left. The money is granted, a $100 check in the mail to me, to tide me over for a while.

So, fast forward to today, Friday. My kitchen currently contains 3 pop tarts, spaghetti noodles (no sauce), ketchup, water, and a bunch of clean dishes. The check still hasn't come in the mail, although by all rights it should have by now. I go back to my online statement to check if my parents had just transfered the money.

What to my surprise, my balance is negative again. What the ****?

The bank charged me a fee for dropping into the negatives. Guess how much?

$50.

Yes, they charged me as much as I had just put in there to make it non-negative, dropping it back into the negatives. Right where it was before. It's like I didn't even earn the $50 to begin with.

When the check comes in, probably tomorrow, I have to deposit it. But, checks don't clear immediately, as you know. Usually takes two business days. OH WAIT tomorrow is Saturday. Banks are closed on Sundays. Meaning the check won't clear until Tuesday.

So, I'm without food or money until Tuesday at the earliest.

I've not had a good week.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:23 pm

What the hell took so long for those charges to go through? There's no excuse for it to take two and a half months.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:42 pm

I can't bitch about it though. Not to his face. The charge was for a belt test at my dojo. The person doing the charge happens to be the master instructor.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 am

...They charge you to test? That's retarded. I was never charged for testing. That's some bullshit.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:36 am

Being strung along by Uni, which is whats happening to me now. I need to know if I stand any chance of getting back on the course I was doing.
    Can I get a straight answer? No
    Do I have my notes from before I was forced to take a medical break? I did but my sticky and backup copy have been corrputed.
    Generally making me feel about as useful as a .... I don't know, nothing useful
    YAY my depressions back....
    F###
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 am

*snuggles into Blackwolf, trying to cheer him up*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:11 am

Today was my friend's 21st birthday, and he was having a pool party. I go there, and there was myself and another girl, Malory, and she and I decided to put on our swimsuits and swim in the pool. Sounds harmless right? You're supposed to go swim in the pool at a pool party right?

Apparently not.

She and I were sitting on the edge, testing the water, standing on the steps and getting our feet wet. My friend's older brother, who was not supposed to be outside the house that day for a reason I'm about to reveal, was sitting on the steps at the opposite end of the pool...staring at Malory and I and TOUCHING HIMSELF.

Yes. You read that right. He was staring at us and touching himself under the water.

My friend's older brother is 35, still lives at home and incredibly perverse. That's why he was not even supposed to be outside with the rest of us. Because this is regular behavior for him when my friend brings girls over. No, he is not mentally disabled in any way, so he knows perfectly well what he's doing too.

My friend was told and his brother was promptly sent back inside.

I feel seriously f*cking violated.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Sorry but I'm not buying his "not mentally disabled". Somewhere along the road he wasn't taught that that is wrong.
    The guy needs therapy is he's not allowed outside with non-family members and your friend should have made sure that he wasn't present.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm sure what he was doing is considered sexual harrassment, so you can have him charged.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Sorry but I'm not buying his "not mentally disabled". Somewhere along the road he wasn't taught that that is wrong.
    The guy needs therapy is he's not allowed outside with non-family members and your friend should have made sure that he wasn't present.

You don't have to believe me, but he is not mentally disabled. He's just a perverse loser. No one in that family is mentally disabled. They actually had a very good father, Jeff (that's his name) is just a sick f*ck.

And yes, I could have him charged. I didn't know he had been doing that until after he was sent back inside. Another one of the guests noticed it and told my friend, who informed me later.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 pm

You know what I'm getting tired of this f**king same song and dance at the house I'm living at. I'm currently at my father's house and being the push over that he is he let's his Satan spawn mother move in with him. Currently my father has been (for about six to eight months, I've lost count honestly) unemployed. I also have a cousin living with me who's been unemployed for three years. I have a part time catering job and do random odd jobs when they come up. So my grandmother has this funny idea that I HAVE to work at a McDonald's or Happy Harry's for 12 hour days six days out of the week. (at $7.15 an hour that would be about $85 a day and with the total for six days around $514 a week assuming my math is right)

Now I understand the need to help out, but why should I help people who clearly can't support themselves? My wallet is almost always threatened and while my catering job pays well ($75 from working 4-9 is the least amount I got paid for one job) it is limited to around once or twice every few months. She says "Fair share" but what she really means is for me to be the "bread winner and support three people who can't get their f**king act together. And the best part she only calls me out when it's just me and her, never when someone else is around. Why do you think that? Because she doesn't want anyone else to support the house. She wants ME a 21 year guy to support a person in his late twenties, a person who just turned 50 but is more than capable of working, and a 75 year old bitch from hell who thinks I'm as good as sh*t.

I know what this is all about, I'm the only one to actually succeed in their family, being able to go off to college and getting a degree. I'm the only one who's never gotten into trouble with the law in their family. And the other one doing fine for themselves is a 26 year old women with two kids (one about ten years old and the other around six) and no dad around. Since I'm the only one that has a chance in life she wants to take me down and hold me back and be stuck with the rest of them.

Well life is about being able to take punches and go on through. You all decided to stay on your back, but that is NOT happening to me. I'm moving forward, and the first step is to get the f**k out of there.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Pandora wrote:
    You don't have to believe me, but he is not mentally disabled. He's just a perverse loser. No one in that family is mentally disabled. They actually had a very good father, Jeff (that's his name) is just a sick f*ck.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I mean't he's not been taught that thats not acceptable behaviour.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:05 am

Blackwolf wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I mean't he's not been taught that thats not acceptable behaviour.

Well, to a degree. The man is 35, he should be old enough to know it's not acceptable. The fact that he isn't even allowed around Patrick's (my friend) female friends should tell him there is something that he's doing wrong, but I guess pervs like that don't get that sh*t through their heads.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Neighbours, Ours had a barbeque with loud music and they managed to start a small fire which set off a rather nasty asthma attack for me...
    B####### !
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:59 pm

How did they start a damn fire? :/
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Their complete morons putting it politely.
    Once I caught one of thier waste of sperm's trying to con a pizza delivery guy into giving her OUR (Tease & Myselfs) £75 order.
    Unpleasent things happened and where said to her by myself.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Waste of sperm is a great term. And considering what little i know about these people, i can see why you call them that.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 pm

PMS... which is what I'm going through at the moment.
    Sideromelane
    Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm

This heat is KILLING me.

It is actually SO warm, that wearing my glasses is making my face sweat enough to cover the lenses in sweat.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 pm

*offers hugs to Teasealot* sorry, i have no clue what you are going though but I can try to empithise.

And Sideromelane... I would give you a hug... but I fear that will make you hotter...
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:53 am

Teasealot wrote:PMS... which is what I'm going through at the moment.

Join the club. It seems like myself, and every girlfriend of mine is going through this at the same time.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 am

A certain type of Furry art and People who can't take a hint
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 am

Too hot... And the neighbours are back outside, having ANOTHER barbeque, shielded by the hedge they set fire to last time... Doesn't help that the eldest daughter (mother of the pizza thief) has a laugh like the Wicked Witch of the West, just more piercing and she laughs at anything, loudly. Her thieving little waste of sperm is there too, and she has her mother's laugh, just two octaves higher. And they're all getting happily drunk, which makes them laugh even more!!!!!!

And the guys are just in shorts, and the women are dressed in bikini tops and shorts... and these are people you DON'T want to see in that state of undress!!!!
    MY EYES!!!! THEY BURN!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 am