Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+31
Cuboos
Shachza
Bosco1513
Chesamo
Invalid
water_fairy_tattoo
Lizardbeth
RedCheetah
God
Jimbo
LastArcher
Coydog
TeenageAngst
Nilo Kaal
Night Dragon
DannyBoy
Ekio
Winds
Cypher
AngryTiger
Keyou-bi
LyonPride
Blackwolf
Seed0
CalDayton
Sideromelane
Teasealot
SD
Lord Grey II
Teh Chay
Pandora
35 posters

Vent thread *explodes*

Pandora
    Pandora

Vent thread *explodes* - Page 5 Empty Re: Vent thread *explodes*

Post by Pandora Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:02 am

It's pussy and itchy. X(

I'm glad that they at least didn't start trying to kill each other.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Might I suggest walking around bare foot for a while so you can let the bug bite heal. And if its pussing go and get some hydrogen peroxide (sp?). You can get it at CVS or other such place. Was out the wound until it stops bubbling and then let it air dry for a while. Do it every night to prevent a major infection.

As for the guys? Your on your own there. I wish I had women fighting over me. =P
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm

I've put some anti-itch cream on it, so it's starting to annoy me less. It'll get better.

And believe me, having people fight over you isn't what it's cracked up to be. You can't choose one without hurting the other. It kind of sucks to have to make that kind of choice. In sophmore year of high school, I had 7 guys fighting over me. ...That was a headache...
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Forgive me for saying the grass is greener on the other side. But I have had nothing in the past 4 years. Unless you count being used by girls to get to other guys. But I can see what you are saying. Hope things work out.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 am

Heh, dude, read my post on the second page of this thread and see what I've had...

I'm staying neutral with relationships for a while.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:38 am

*head to desk* son of a.... sorry, i fail
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:21 am

I'm guessing you read my post. Ya...that's why I'm staying out of relationships.

Aaaand tonight a third guy friend has told me he likes me too.

Am I releasing some kind of pherimone or something? Christ...

My best friend is helping by planning a girly sleepover so we can watch movies, eat junk and bitch about men. I really need that.
    LyonPride
    LyonPride

Post by LyonPride Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Uh Relationships

I've learned my lesson. I'm not taking any part in one for a while.
    I just like to sit back and watch everyone else go down in flames. Sometimes literally.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 am

I've both reaped the great benefits and tasted the flames of relationships. I'm taking a break to let the wounds heal.

One of the guys, K, just gave me a large mint-in-box figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi off his shelf because he knows that Obi is my favorite Star Wars character.

Now I feel a bit guilty because...I kind of like D.....(Not making any moves or any decisions...but I do have some feelings for D) and not K. .....Sh*t...
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 am

Im nit one to give advice. For my track record is bad to say the least. but what comes, will come. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

D knows that I have some feelings for him, but he took a load off my mind by telling me that he's ok with whatever choice I make, and that I can take all the time I need to myself.

*whew*
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:47 am

My fellow roleplayers who create a character with all the depth of a small puddle and little more than a killing machine, or come up with a concept which involves hamstringing many of the abilites. Or purposly want to play an anti character.
    Tease and myself are in such a party now, if you know D&D, we have a Ranger (Tease), a Paladin of Justice (Myself), a Cleric of Redemtion (A new player who sometimes is an ass but generaly alright), A neutered Wizard (Long time friend), a Red Dragon descened Sorcerer/Rouge wholoves setting stuff on fire and a Monk who is little more than a unarmed fighting psychopath.
    Thing's reached a head the last session when the Cleric and Monk where killed during a assault on one of the campain's major villians, and although we can get the pair of them raised, the player of the monk wants to play a Lawful Evil Cleric of a god opposed by most of the party.
    Plus the player stated the reason for possibly playing said evil cleric as "I just want to atomize things"
    Theres more to roleplaying than combat....Personaly I blame the group he was in previously but I've noticed a trend with gamers recently of just wanting to kill stuff...
    Makes my blood boil
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:47 am

Blackwolf wrote:My fellow roleplayers who create a character with all the depth of a small puddle and little more than a killing machine, or come up with a concept which involves hamstringing many of the abilites. Or purposely want to play an anti character.
    Tease and myself are in such a party now, if you know D&D, we have a Ranger (Tease), a Paladin of Justice (Myself), a Cleric of Redemption (A new player who sometimes is an ass but generaly alright), A neutered Wizard (Long time friend), a Red Dragon descended Sorcerer/Rogue who loves setting stuff on fire and a Monk who is little more than a unarmed fighting psychopath.
    Thing's reached a head the last session when the Cleric and Monk where killed during a assault on one of the campain's major villians, and although we can get the pair of them raised, the player of the monk wants to play a Lawful Evil Cleric of a god opposed by most of the party.
    Plus the player stated the reason for possibly playing said evil cleric as "I just want to atomize things"
    Theres more to roleplaying than combat....Personaly I blame the group he was in previously but I've noticed a trend with gamers recently of just wanting to kill stuff...
    Makes my blood boil

It's really only two players that are causing the problems. The Monk and the Sorceress/Rogue. The S/R is a pyro but she can be talked down... usually, the one playing the monk being the biggest problem. He has never worked as a team player, but expects the other members to bail him out of trouble. He lives to kill things in the game and gets pissy when the adventure has a subtle non-violent senario, to just a point that he tries to cause friction so a fight will break out. He doesn't see anything wrong with attacking and killing city watch. He insists on bouncing from rooftop to rooftop even though the GM has told him to stop and he knows that behaviour pisses off the other players. He delights in trying to come with the goriest death scenes of the monsters he can imagine. He moans about the other characters helping him in a fight. He refuses to accept advice from the other players, and even the GM. He refuses to use ANY weapon even after being told that an entire section of the campaign is focused around the party hunting out and discovering the weapons they will need to fight the End of Campaign bad guy, a good chunk of that being reseaching the locations of said weapons. He is reactionary, even though the character is meant to be lawful (nothing wrong with a charcter being reactionary, my ranger tends to think with her heart, rather than her head. But she's CHAOTIC GOOD!!! It's half expected for her). He claims his character wants to be known as a Hero, but the way he plays him, the character is more like a monster than a hero... And now, he wants to play a cleric of a god that most if not all the party deities have a problem with, especially my ranger's Deity. They're MORTAL F****** ENEMIES!!!!!! And he wants to play a follower of that... That's all I can think of at the moment... Rage is blocking further access to my memory.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:36 pm

I have been role playing for a good long time now and its sad to say that the people you are describing seem to want to play 'roll' playing games. As in they are more concerned about stats and head counts then actual role playing. I have even GMed games with people like this and they have killed more then one. Honestly it comes down to telling the person "No you cant play that character in this particular setting" or "I'm sorry but this is not going to work out man" and ask him to leave. The latter being a more extreme example of the prior. I do feel your pain, unfortunately these kind of role players are unavoidable.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Given recent versions of games, I'm inclined to agree
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

*is still fuming about this* GREY!!! POST ANOTHER JOKE!!!! IT MIGHT HELP ME CALM DOWN!!!
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Was pretty much given a big ol' f-you from my dad. Did a little something nice for him for father's day and he gave the fake appreciation bit.

Yeah hate you too dad.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Teasealot wrote:*is still fuming about this* GREY!!! POST ANOTHER JOKE!!!! IT MIGHT HELP ME CALM DOWN!!!

As you wish.
    LyonPride
    LyonPride

Post by LyonPride Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Keyou-bi wrote:I have been role playing for a good long time now and its sad to say that the people you are describing seem to want to play 'roll' playing games. As in they are more concerned about stats and head counts then actual role playing. I have even GMed games with people like this and they have killed more then one. Honestly it comes down to telling the person "No you cant play that character in this particular setting" or "I'm sorry but this is not going to work out man" and ask him to leave. The latter being a more extreme example of the prior. I do feel your pain, unfortunately these kind of role players are unavoidable.

I've been playing for a while now and the one thing that gets me is when the GM sets definite rules about a character and then the players find all the loopholes and just F**K the whole campaign. EXAMPLE: One guy's character is just a plain jane human fighter... Who when blood touches his blade transforms into a half dragon... WTF.

The only comfort we get is that the GM comes up with some pretty horrible ways to kill them off Very Happy
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 am

Is that 4th Edition D&D, if it is then I feel it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
    Tease and myself are playing a system called Pathfinder by Paizo, they've fixed a lot of issues with D&D including giving you a reason NOT to multiclass.
    One of our groups problem players was the Monk, who's now dropped out because they felt they where being told how to play thier character. I had no problem with the person in general, just thier way of taking a class that is a lot more than `I punch the target several times` every time they picked up thier dice. That's all they would do - Punch,Punch,Punch. The character was also greedy, always the first to jump into the treasure.
    The other character just want's to burn thing ALL the time, the last session we had a huge fight with the monsters only to be jumped by some more that we HAD BEEN TOLD ABOUT and the player complains that they had no powerful spells left.

So many people don't understand the concept of resource managment, but thats another vent for another time.

The main bitch I have is tabletop roleplaying is about several people coming together to help craft a story and have some fun, too many people these days just want to kill things. And you wonder why people see roleplayers in the same light as weirdo's, pysocho's and such.
    It took me several years as a teenager to get my perants to accept roleplaying as a hobbie and even got them to give it a try, they enjoyed it.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:04 pm

If you ever find yourself state side, let me know and I'll run a good old fassion role playing game where there is little combat and massive character developement.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, combat is fun but the people I game with want ONLY combat, that's what pisses me off
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:01 pm

I understand man. I'm just saying, combat should be the icing on the cake. If you have too much icing then you will get sick.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:03 pm

LyonPride
    LyonPride

Post by LyonPride Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

People are cruel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content