Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+8
Slit
Arka
Winds
Pandora
LyonPride
Koleyl
Masterweaver
Lord Grey II
12 posters

An Artist's Work is Never Done 02/12/09

DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

An Artist's Work is Never Done 02/12/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Artist's Work is Never Done 02/12/09

Post by DannyBoy Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I always preferred Athena to any of the Olympian stories and characters. I dunno springing from the head of your father in full armor is just...HOT!
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

An Artist's Work is Never Done 02/12/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Artist's Work is Never Done 02/12/09

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Pandora wrote:Yeah she was. She was the first and most beautiful woman created as a tool in the God's revenge against Promethius. She was meant to be a bride to his brother and they gave her curiosity on purpose because they wanted her to open the box.

They filled it with all the world's pain, evils and suffering, but put Hope at the bottom of the box, yes, but the name Pandora actually means "All Talents" because she had a piece of everything put into her by each God.

Damnit, I got my mythology mixed up. Ah well. She was the first.

I would argue against perfection. If I remember correctly (which I might not be), she was made in the image of perfection, not as perfection herself. Since she had attributes from each god, I would also argue that she contained evil (which I think she did... I think I've read something about her tempting whomever her husband/lover into opening the box in other versions of the story) and I don't think that anything can achieve perfection with both good and evil. One might attain perfect evil, or perfect good, but she was neutral, which might have been to represent the shades of human intent.

But 3) still holds. She was affected with everyone else.

I've over-analyzed this, haven't I? Damn my literacy.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 pm

In the version I read she tried as hard as she could to not open the box. She even buried it under a large rock to keep herself from touching it. But Hera had added curiosity on purpose.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 pm

We've jumped from discussion of a comic to snowball fights to discussing greek mythology.

Man, we're good at derailing threads.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 am

I like Greek Mythology. Plus, we have a new comic to discuss so let's talk about that one in it's respective thread if we wanna discuss comics. However, it is pretty bad that he have de-railed this as much as we have...
    LyonPride
    LyonPride

Post by LyonPride Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 am

When we get a hold on the threads there is no hope of them ever returning back to the way that they are supposed to be.

So, bring on the demons.
    Lizardbeth
    Lizardbeth
    Admin

Post by Lizardbeth Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Man, I am SO late to the party Wink

Forgive me for backtracking a bit, but I wanted to address something. While it's important for me to have character development and serious plot point happen, I don't want BPD to turn into a soap-opera comic. With the Sylver storyline, it was important that it happen but I needed a point to pause that. I felt like it was getting a bit too serious, and it's not necessarily what the comic is about. A goofy interlude just needed to happen. If that's not necessarily your thing, rest assured I'm not done with the other plotlines yet. There's just a lot to cover and only 2 days a week to do it in. ;^_^
    Core
    Core

Post by Core Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm

I like breaks in story or plot lines to see what the other characters are up to at about the same time. It lets you see more into what is happening other then the story, because things don't stop if someone is shanghaied into a date with someone else only to be dropped off at a place after a deal was made. xD

Besides, it is fun to have a snow day. *nods*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:12 pm

What's going to happen with the mafia newts plot then? That was pretty silly in itself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:27 pm