Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+30
nirvana
vincent5000x
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
floppybelly
ShavedIguana
UFAlien
TheJimTimMan
Starcleaver
The Dog
Chesamo
Bosco1513
Coach Fellows
Invalid
crazzycat
Koleyl
LastArcher
Coydog
Teh Chay
Cypher
DannyBoy
Night Dragon
SD
Lord Grey II
Pandora
Teasealot
Blackwolf
Jimbo
Keyou-bi
Nilo Kaal
34 posters

Official Video Game Thread

Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official Video Game Thread

Post by Nilo Kaal Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Official Video Game Thread - Page 13 7558_e10

Epic Mickey

A look at the upcoming Disney game with a creepy, darker twist. Not your average kiddified game from looking at the concept art. Although not one for Disney games, (Kingdom Hearts series being an exception) I'd like to see how this one turns out.

Concept Art
    ^---- Pretty damn cool
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:58 am

That looks like it has the potential of being awesome.... i will fallow this...
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 am

Playing Wolfenstein
    Sheer Awsomeness

EDIT
    You play as the character from Return to Castle Wolfenstein (with an unfortanate nickname that seems to be known to EVERYONE)
    If you remember the secerts/treasures from the previous titles, they have purpose now as you can enhanced weapons that you find ingame as well as completly restock your amm supply rather than picking it up from the fallen.
    Traps are still devious (I fell victem to one, dispite knowledge of it's existance)
    And I started playing at 9:50 pm, I just stopped after it turned 11pm. It's that engrossing

Well worth the money I paid for it

Last edited by Blackwolf on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : After playing it for several hours rather than my initail impressions)
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 am

Wolfenstien is Vixen Crack!!!! I went on to play it at 1am... I didn't go to bed until 6am, I just had to do one more objective...
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 am

I played the first person shooter "Darkest of Days" demo today. It's an awesome concept that is really well implemented- time travel to major events/battles in mankind's past. Another group is terrorizing the timeline by trying to kill off certain people throughout time that otherwise should have lived. You start out at the battle of Little Bighorn, defending the hill alongside Custer from hundreds of Indians when all of a sudden a time bubble opens up next to you and a guy in a futuristic suit pulls you in. He tells you that you have been recruited by another organization, KronoteK, to help keep order by getting the targeted people to safety and take out the time-traveling assailers. From the Battle of Antietam in the Civil War to the trenches of World War I to the streets of pre-devastated Pompeii, to the cities of B.C. Rome you fight alongside your dozens of A.I. allies, which are quite smart by the way, and your trusty time-travelling taking place in dozens of epic battles and events. It feels like you're actually there because everything's very cinematic- the music, the locations, the intense and constant action. Everything is also historically accurate- (save for the things that are changed in the process) the guns and people in each time period as well as certain key figures. To avoid suspicion from your allies, you have to go around with guns from that time period for the most part. But when things get chaotic and everyone's in the thick of battle, the real fun begins. You can bring guns from other time periods- anything from a high-tech sniper rifle that calculates wind-speed and trajectory to a laser-guided heavy missile launcher, as well as dozens of other weapons, and use them against your foes- either current time period enemies (which is always fun) or against the opposing time-wrecking corporation agents. Lemme tell ya- there's nothing more fun than mowing down entire Confederate regiments during a Union charge through a cornfield with a fully automatic assault rifle while they're firing at you with just muzzle-loading rifles. The really cool thing about this game is that after you complete a certain time period you can revisit it and play as the other side and complete their objectives. For instance, in one part of the game you're in the WWII era and you help the Russians to blow up a critical bridge held by the Germans. Now after you finish that, you can go back and play on the Germans side to help defend the bridge from the Russians. Apparently the game ends with a huge cliffhanger so there's bound to be a sequel, which I would be looking forward to seeing. This is the developers' very first game and to be honest, they sure made a hell of a start. If their first game looks and plays this good, I can't wait to see a refined sequel. From what I played, this game really got my blood pumping- being in the midst of these historical events in our history. Really cool, 'nuff said. But yeah, this is definitely on my to-get games list. Hope this sparked some interest for you as well and if not then just an entertaining read, eh?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:51 am

Assassin's Creed II's promotional series.

Assassin's Creed Lineage

Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 am

Thats pretty amazing for a free download, whats the story behind it ?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Blackwolf wrote:Thats pretty amazing for a free download, whats the story behind it ?

I think it's just a set up for the game, introducing the characters and what their roles are. The first game was really cool and took place during the Crusades. It has a twist to it as well, unless you played it you probably wouldn't have noticed it.
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 am

I have to beat Mother Brain. Again!!!! NO!!!

Oh, and I have to beat it on hard mode, which really can take the cake...

(Note:Read my reply in Happy things first to understand what I am talking about...)

XD
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 am

Was playing the Left 4 Dead 2 demo and came across a juke box. Tried it out and it played Jonathan Coulton's RE: Your Brains. It got a little chuckle out of me at first but then it got to the chorus and BAM zombie horde. At that point I died from laughter.

Here's a video with the song if you never heard of it.

SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 pm

The Assassin's Creed Lineage short movie concluded with the second and third part.

And leaving off with a cliff hanger that'll pick up when Assassin's Creed II hits the store. Can't wait for it.
    crazzycat

Post by crazzycat Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:34 am

hey, guys advice me some good quest game
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Depends if you want action adventure or role playing game. There are a lot of good games in both.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

That, and what you mean by "quest game" would be helpful. In some ways, that could describe almost any videogame ever made.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 am

Pretty much anything by BioWare is great. Their new Dragon Age: Origins is awesome stuff
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Got RE: Umbrella Chronicles yesterday...was pretty fun at first but got kinda repetative. Traded it in for No More Heroes which I heard was pretty good. Gonna try it out tomorrow =D
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Okay so i got a #60 Elite fro christmas. Now all i have for it is Lego Batman (lolz) and some crapy game have to do with off road racing or something (made of lame). So i went out hunting with the few pennies i have to my name to find a game. Most of them were NBA/NFL/NCAA/MLB/insert name of a sports game that people should either go see or play outside here. The i stumbled across Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. No besides having an awkward title i have heard good things about this game. And to be quite honest Knights of the Old republic was not the action game i was looking for. So i was expecting more of the same. Insted the fist thing i do is run around as Darth Vader killing EVERYTHING!

Simply put it was a clear case of 15 dollars well spent. Finally I get to play a game that does justice to the force.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Keyou-bi wrote:Okay so i got a #60 Elite fro christmas. Now all i have for it is Lego Batman (lolz) and some crapy game have to do with off road racing or something (made of lame). So i went out hunting with the few pennies i have to my name to find a game. Most of them were NBA/NFL/NCAA/MLB/insert name of a sports game that people should either go see or play outside here. The i stumbled across Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. No besides having an awkward title i have heard good things about this game. And to be quite honest Knights of the Old republic was not the action game i was looking for. So i was expecting more of the same. Insted the fist thing i do is run around as Darth Vader killing EVERYTHING!

Simply put it was a clear case of 15 dollars well spent. Finally I get to play a game that does justice to the force.

And it screws the canon so badly, it hurts.
    Invalid
    Invalid

Post by Invalid Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 pm

This Is The Only Series Im been Playing for the past 1 and half.
    The Sims
    I have played
    The Sims "PC"
    The Urbz Sims In The City "DS & Gamecube"
    The Sims 2 (with most expansions) "PC"
    And currently The Sims 3 "PC"