Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+30
nirvana
vincent5000x
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
floppybelly
ShavedIguana
UFAlien
TheJimTimMan
Starcleaver
The Dog
Chesamo
Bosco1513
Coach Fellows
Invalid
crazzycat
Koleyl
LastArcher
Coydog
Teh Chay
Cypher
DannyBoy
Night Dragon
SD
Lord Grey II
Pandora
Teasealot
Blackwolf
Jimbo
Keyou-bi
Nilo Kaal
34 posters

Official Video Game Thread

SD
    SD

Official Video Game Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Official Video Game Thread

Post by SD Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

Teasealot wrote:Explain why Starkiller doesn't do ANYTHING during those two years? And Starkiller's mere existence, it kinda destroys the whole point of Luke becoming a Jedi. Considering how awesomely powerful Starkiller obviously is.

In the game Starkiller was basically Vader's hit man, taking out remnant Jedi. After being betrayed by Vader he went after him and the Emperor to rescue the founding members of the Rebels. He got to the main chamber and fought and subdued Vader then took on the Emperor. He managed to beat him but didn't kill him since it would be an act of revenge and he wanted to redeem himself. The Emperor lashed out with Force Lighting and Starkiller matched him but lacked the experience to control all that power. At the end he's dead, or rather should be.

The first game can fit in the canon, it's a stretch, but it can. The second one however....not so sure about that one.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

SD wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:Explain why Starkiller doesn't do ANYTHING during those two years? And Starkiller's mere existence, it kinda destroys the whole point of Luke becoming a Jedi. Considering how awesomely powerful Starkiller obviously is.

In the game Starkiller was basically Vader's hit man, taking out remnant Jedi. After being betrayed by Vader he went after him and the Emperor to rescue the founding members of the Rebels. He got to the main chamber and fought and subdued Vader then took on the Emperor. He managed to beat him but didn't kill him since it would be an act of revenge and he wanted to redeem himself. The Emperor lashed out with Force Lighting and Starkiller matched him but lacked the experience to control all that power. At the end he's dead, or rather should be.

The first game can fit in the canon, it's a stretch, but it can. The second one however....not so sure about that one.
    ...or if you did the evil ending, he goes and trys to kill Vader, but fails and turns into a Mini Mercenary Vader-Cyborg. I don't remember most of it. I sold the game. The costume was cool, though.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Bosco1513 wrote:
    SD wrote:

...or if you did the evil ending, he goes and trys to kill Vader, but fails and turns into a Mini Mercenary Vader-Cyborg. I don't remember most of it. I sold the game. The costume was cool, though.

No he kills Vader at the Dark Side ending and then gets destroyed by the Emperor. That's the "What if? Let's REALLY piss off the Star Wars fans" ending.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:23 pm

SD wrote:
    Bosco1513 wrote:
    SD wrote:

No he kills Vader at the Dark Side ending and then gets destroyed by the Emperor. That's the "What if? Let's REALLY piss off the Star Wars fans" ending.
    Yea, that's it! I remember that now lol. I was never a Star Wars "fan" perse, so I really never cared what happened. I'm actually more of a trekky.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:37 am

I'm guessing this may have been mentioned but Skykiller was Lukes orginal name before it was changed to Skywalker.
    For those that are intrested in becoming a charater in a game (not a real game I might add, just one I'm playing that allows me to name characters, trot over to DA and check out my journal)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:04 am

Reading up on reviews of MAG. In a nut shell. Had potential, fell on its face. If it's suppose to be a selling point for the PS3 it doesn't sound like it worked.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:27 pm

It sounds cool, though. I've been playing the original SMB on my N64 lately. I forgot you can faaaalconnnn paaauuuunnch your way through the whole game.
    LastArcher

Post by LastArcher Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Playing the new Aliens vs. Predator game. I heard already that it is pretty brutal. But now, after I played it. . .
    oh boy.

Still awaiting Battlefield Bad Company 2. The new trailers are pretty promising.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Lol, I love the gamestop commercial for the pre-ordering.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer

May 3rd can't come soon enough.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Epic.
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

That is very cool, now a complete, nothing but multi-player game.

Too bad they won't even consider spreading to other systems...
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Night Dragon wrote:That is very cool, now a complete, nothing but multi-player game.

Too bad they won't even consider spreading to other systems...
    Well, the game IS made by microsoft.
    LastArcher

Post by LastArcher Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Got Bad Company 2! It rocks!
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Cool. I got my new laptop.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:12 pm

GOD OF WAR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Need I say more? :3
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Nilo Kaal wrote:GOD OF WAR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yes.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Well, then in that case...

*Disclaimer: All views stated below are those of a raving gamer foxboy and should be taken as such*

Let me just start off by saying that this is one of the reasons you would buy a PS3. I know that's been said about some games before but this is 'the one'. FF XIII might've been if only they didn't go multiplatform for it...but don't get me started on that. Anyways, if you've played the previous two iterations then you already know why it's been so painful to wait three years for the next one to come out. For those of you that haven't, well, the previous game covers the fall of Kratos, the God of War (duh), after Zeus kills him and he gets sent to the underworld. He fights his way back to the land of the living (again) and allies himself with the Titans, who have sorta been 'enslaved' by the gods. They both resolve to seek vengeance on the gods that betrayed them. Anyways, the second game ends with the Titans climbing their way up Mount Olympus with Kratos riding on the back of Gaia and then the credits roll. Yeah. Cliffhanger. Also, the first two GoW's were made for the PS2 so this is the first (and last) to be made for a current-gen console which means BETTER GRAPHICS. Not to say that the last two looked crappy, it's just cool to see the Ghost of Sparta in HD. Yeah, so the 3rd installment in the epic trilogy comes out in 5 days so I guess you could say I'm looking forward to it.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Nilo Kaal wrote:GOD OF WAR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Meh, prefer Devil May Cry over God of War. Would like to see another Devil May Cry since it seems that odd numbers work for it.

one of the reasons you would buy a PS3.....FF XIII might've been if only they didn't go multiplatform for it...but don't get me started on that

Eh? What's wrong for a gaming series going multiplatform? It increases fan base for people who can't afford all the consoles and increases sales overall.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:36 pm

SD wrote:Eh? What's wrong for a gaming series going multiplatform? It increases fan base for people who can't afford all the consoles and increases sales overall.

'Tis true, I won't argue that point at all. But it has been a tradition that for the most part, FF has been a Sony-exclusive title. Now, I'm not a Sony fanboy as much as others but it's kinda like if Bungie announced that it would make its next Halo game for the Wii.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Nilo Kaal wrote:
    SD wrote:Eh? What's wrong for a gaming series going multiplatform? It increases fan base for people who can't afford all the consoles and increases sales overall.

'Tis true, I won't argue that point at all. But it has been a tradition that for the most part, FF has been a Sony-exclusive title. Now, I'm not a Sony fanboy as much as others but it's kinda like if Bungie announced that it would make its next Halo game for the Wii.

Uhh....well Final Fantasy was originally on the Nintendo which is part of the reason I never understood why people were flippin' out about FFXIII went multiplatform. It just seemed hypocritical.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:11 am

Nilo Kaal wrote:Halo game for the Wii.

*snerks as she imagines all those fat gamer nerds havin' to jump around and actually learn how to aim, while gettin' royally stuffed by the grunts...*
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 am

I didn't know FF XIII is going to be on more than one game system.**Runs off to check this info out**
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm

SD wrote:Uhh....well Final Fantasy was originally on the Nintendo which is part of the reason I never understood why people were flippin' out about FFXIII went multiplatform. It just seemed hypocritical.

While it's true that the Final Fantasy series started out on the Nintendo systems, it really didn't hit its stride until the debut of the ever-popular FFVII for the PS1. After that, every core FF game was released under Sony (7-12) and the fanbase grew as well. Yeah, I do think that some people might be throwing this multiplatform release out of proportion (I read that some people at E3 broke down and started crying... Shocked ). I'm not angry about it or anything; it just surprised me when it was announced. So yeah, I'm curious to see what'll happen with it.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Nilo Kaal wrote:
    SD wrote:Uhh....well Final Fantasy was originally on the Nintendo which is part of the reason I never understood why people were flippin' out about FFXIII went multiplatform. It just seemed hypocritical.

While it's true that the Final Fantasy series started out on the Nintendo systems, it really didn't hit its stride until the debut of the ever-popular FFVII for the PS1. After that, every core FF game was released under Sony (7-12) and the fanbase grew as well. Yeah, I do think that some people might be throwing this multiplatform release out of proportion (I read that some people at E3 broke down and started crying... Shocked ). I'm not angry about it or anything; it just surprised me when it was announced. So yeah, I'm curious to see what'll happen with it.

Probably nothing. From what I've heard Final Fantasy on the 360 doesn't run very well since it was built with a PS3 dev kit. Besides, like I said, it's only multiplatform for sales purposes I doubt Square has any serious plans for the 360. As for over zealous fans I think that's just them overreacting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 pm