Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+24
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
The Dog
UFAlien
Lord Grey II
Shachza
Invalid
Chesamo
Keyou-bi
Zephyrion
FoxPhantom
LastArcher
Teh Chay
Lizardbeth
Night Dragon
SD
Cypher
Blackwolf
Zombaholic
Nilo Kaal
Pandora
TeenageAngst
Coydog
Teasealot
28 posters

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

SD
    SD

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 6 Empty Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

Post by SD Sat May 08, 2010 10:58 am

Lord Grey II wrote:
    Mecingo wrote:Jaynaylor sounds like a corrupted man, read some of his opinions on religion. Sad, if God does not exist everything would be a fluke. I don't see how a such of a detailed reality could be a fluke.

Now god, there's a character I dislike. Quite a bit actually. Seems in every popular fiction I've read about the various forms of the Almighty (some name him God, Allah, Jehovah, Xenu, G-d, etc etc) he's always going about doing things I don't approve of. Slaughtering disbelievers, having really odd love/hate relationships with the gay community, oppression of women, advocating slavery, promoting weird dietary habits, just to name a few off the top of my head.

And then there's the god fan-club! These people are worse than Twilight fan girls, I swear. That's fine if you want to yammer on about your favorite book, but please, do you mind not confusing your fiction with science and reality? It gets bothersome.

But to address your post. I think the opinions of an an author or an artist are separate from their work. Not to say that the author or artist can not express their opinions in their work, because many do, but to say that if you enjoy a piece of work, finding out about what the author believes has very very very little relevance on your personal enjoyment of their work. For example, I've read the book Battlefield Earth several times; I enjoy it quite a bit. It was written by Ron L Hubbard, the same man that founded Scientology. Since I disagree vehemently with scientology and his beliefs, I shouldn't enjoy his novel? Of course not.

I have no idea what Jay Naylor's beliefs are, and nor do I care. They will not stop me from enjoying his art. I don't particularly like how he handled the Rachel situation, but that's only one piece that I can ignore handily.

Lastly, if you wish to debate my first two paragraphs, start a new thread unless you wish to continue debating under the assumption that god is a character.

Also, 1000th post.

It's like you planned it...
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 6 Empty Re: Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike...

Post by Lord Grey II Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Blackwolf wrote:*gives Grey a cake for the post*
    :3

Caaaaaaaaaake!

*zooms around*
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun May 09, 2010 12:17 am

Lord Grey II wrote:
    Blackwolf wrote:*gives Grey a cake for the post*
    :3

Caaaaaaaaaake!

*zooms around*

The cake is a lie. Incidentally I dislike the Companion Cube, if people consider it a character then I question their sanity.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun May 09, 2010 3:03 am

Companion Cube ?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 am

Blackwolf wrote:Companion Cube ?

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 6 Weighted_Companion_Cube_by_Oscaron

In the game you get this cube and the AI who's making you go through some Portal tests makes it seem like the Companion Cube is special and has a personality. Really all it is is a standard weighted cube with heart on it.

Because Valve's fans are so...odd it's gain a sort of fan following. Personally I couldn't wait to get rid of the f**kin' thing in the game.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Sun May 09, 2010 12:42 pm

oooo that
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Sun May 09, 2010 4:39 pm

I thought the companion cubes had some built in weaponry to kill the test subject.
    Or am I thinking of something else entirely different?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu May 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Night Dragon wrote:I thought the companion cubes had some built in weaponry to kill the test subject.
    Or am I thinking of something else entirely different?

You must be thinking of the Sentry Guns in the game. Which are just ADORABLE!!! Oh my god listening to them is just the cutest thing I've ever heard.
    UFAlien
    UFAlien

Post by UFAlien Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Is this dead-thread resurrection? Is it illegal? Oh well.

I actually still like Sonic, and most of the characters, Eggman (which was, in fact, his original name and changed for American audiences) included. There are some from the series I can't stand, though... especially Marine the Raccoon from Sonic Rush Adventure.

I also dislike Superman - he's too, I dunno, bland.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am

UFAlien wrote:Is this dead-thread resurrection? Is it illegal? Oh well.

Characters you hate, despise, loathe and generally dislike... - Page 6 ThreadNecromanyPoster

It's all good. :3
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:29 pm

We don't punish for thread necromancy, any defunct and no-longer valid threads just get purged by the mods and admin.
    The Dog
    The Dog

Post by The Dog Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:20 am

Hitler, Edward & Jacob
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 am

Renamon... i hate Renamon... severely.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:44 am

Notorious D wrote:Hitler, Edward & Jacob

Hitler was a character? :U

Damn, I was under the impression he was some genocidal german that actually existed back in the 1940's.
    The Dog
    The Dog

Post by The Dog Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

AHAH, you tent not to think much when it 3 a.m. Rolling Eyes
    SaneIntolerant
    SaneIntolerant

Post by SaneIntolerant Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:09 pm

I remember picking up my girlfriend's copy of Kingdom Hearts and booting up her PS2. I generally liked the game (or what I've played so far), but one particular thing stood out to me.

Riku is an asshole. (asshole is PG-13, right?)

I don't care how much he gets better as a character or what noble deeds he might perform. EFF. HIM. IN THE A.

Jerk.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:18 pm

SaneIntolerant wrote:

We're generally fine with over the top vulgarities. Just don't make too much of a habit using them.

Also I didn't like Riku from the word go in the first game so I can understand your hatred for him.
    SaneIntolerant
    SaneIntolerant

Post by SaneIntolerant Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:29 pm

SD wrote:
    SaneIntolerant wrote:

We're generally fine with over the top vulgarities. Just don't make too much of a habit using them.

Also I didn't like Riku from the word go in the first game so I can understand your hatred for him.

Oh, well, in that case...

FUCK Riku.
    The Dog
    The Dog

Post by The Dog Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Anybody who fake to be "Cool" to fit in
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:16 am

ANY character Michael Cera plays... i also hate Michael Cera... kid has the worlds more annoyance voice.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 am

Please refrain from usin' the F word. It isn't PG-13.
    The Dog
    The Dog

Post by The Dog Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Cuboos wrote:ANY character Michael Cera plays...

He act the way in all his movie.
    ShavedIguana
    ShavedIguana

Post by ShavedIguana Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Some characters I hate:

Overtkill from Spawn
    Every single character in Twilight
    Salem from Army of Two
    The first 2 Carmine's from Gears of War

There are many more, but I'm drawing a blank.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm

ShavedIguana wrote:Some characters I hate:

Overtkill from Spawn
    Every single character in Twilight
    Salem from Army of Two
    The first 2 Carmine's from Gears of War

There are many more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Heeeey...the first Carmine was alright....since he died in such a comical way.
    ShavedIguana
    ShavedIguana

Post by ShavedIguana Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

You mean the "Hang on guys! I'm trying to reloa-" :sniped: scene?

I actually hope the next Carmine survives in Gears 3. It's about time we had a Carmine that's not afraid to grab a Locust by the throat, shove his Lancer up his pooper, and turn on the chainsaw bayonet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 pm