Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+7
Arka
Lizardbeth
ZeWi
Teh Chay
Pandora
LyonPride
Lord Grey II
11 posters

Let's talk about the size of your...

Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Let's talk about the size of your... Empty Let's talk about the size of your...

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am

socks!

Haven't socks gotten ridiculous these days? I see people with socks that don't even show above the shoe. You know, the socks that come only just above your heel? I can't see myself really being comfortable in them; they'd wear at the back of my foot too much.

I'm the exact opposite. I wear way-too-big socks (TM). I'm a guy, I'm not gay, I don't shave my legs, but I love having huge socks. The kind of sock that goes all the way to your knee? Very Happy It's not about keeping myself warm (I don't have to do that in Texas), I just like the way it feels. Plus, I wear jeans nigh exclusively (and when I'm not wearing jeans, I'm also not wearing socks) so no one can tell by looking at me that my socks are huge.

What kind of socks do you wear?
    LyonPride
    LyonPride

Let's talk about the size of your... Empty Re: Let's talk about the size of your...

Post by LyonPride Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 am

*Big announcer voice*
    Welcome to one of the most random forums on the net. Where we ask anything and everything, and expect you to answer it.

*ahem* Anyway, I like socks that come up just past the top of my shoe. The ones that sit on the heel feel like there is no sock there. I'm also not a big fan of the super socks that come up to the knee.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Let's talk about the size of your... Empty Re: Let's talk about the size of your...

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am

Most random? Nah. I've seen worse.

You know, that's the thing. If the sock is too small it doesn't feel like I'm actually wearing a sock.
    LyonPride
    LyonPride

Post by LyonPride Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 pm

And wearing a shoe with no sock on is not that pleasant.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:28 am

What, no one has opinions on socks? Cmon people.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:48 pm

None of my socks match. I really don't care. They get all mixed up in the laundry and no one really gives a crap about your socks anyway so why bother matching them up? Socks are socks. Plus if you're wearing pants, no one sees them anyway.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Wait, people care if your socks match? Who?

I've only got white socks, but the stitched labels are red and black. In that sense they're mismatched...

Course, I go around barefoot a lot. Anyone else do that?
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 am

I used to. Then I ended up having 8 warts all in the same spot on my left foot. It was very painful. I wore at least flip-flops after that.
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:36 am

I <3 big over-the-knee socks. It's like getting a leg-hug ALL THE TIME!

I also <3 toe socks but I cant really wear them becuase I have big man-feet.

Girls get all the nice clothes ._.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 am

No, they get all of the painful clothes. Bras, heels, really tight pants. Not too mention the really cold clothes, the clothes that cover nothing that girls insist on wearing even when it's 40 degrees out.

It amuses me to no end when a girl walks into class shivering with two shirts, a coat, and a scarf, but they're wearing those teeny tiny shorts that expose nearly they're entire leg. I don't even know why they bother. It's way more attractive to see a girl in comfortable clothing that isn't incredibly tight.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

I agree. Men get all the best clothes. Girl clothes suck unless you're aiming for something specific. (I do like corset-style tops).

Men have the wittiest comments on their t-shirts, men have the more comfortable pants, men don't have to sift through all the stupid slutty comments and degrading phrases on shirts...(seriously...I've seen some girl's shirts that I wouldn't even wear if I were a prostitute...). I like girls clothes that look like men's clothes. Like a men's shirt that is cut for a woman. ...Which are ridiculously hard to find...Sometimes I just say "F*ck it" and buy men's shirts in small and wear them. I have a lot of shirts that are actually from the men's department.
    ZeWi
    ZeWi

Post by ZeWi Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 am

I enjoy mid shin socks myself. Hanes, work socks. With reinforced toes and heels. It's really cushiony.
    Lizardbeth
    Lizardbeth
    Admin

Post by Lizardbeth Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:47 pm

I remember when I was a kid I used to rock the Wigwam socks. Anyone remember those? They were purposefully wide and bunchy to go over spandex leggings in the 80's, but were so loose you couldn't pull them up like knee-socks. I wore them all into high school, and didn't throw them out until I got into college. They were so awesome and warm. ^_^
    Arka

Post by Arka Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:56 pm

I prefer rainbow socks with the individual toe-cozies.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Lizardbeth wrote:I remember when I was a kid I used to rock the Wigwam socks. Anyone remember those? They were purposefully wide and bunchy to go over spandex leggings in the 80's, but were so loose you couldn't pull them up like knee-socks. I wore them all into high school, and didn't throw them out until I got into college. They were so awesome and warm. ^_^

I remember those...I wore them sometimes with my stirrup-pants in the 90's. XD
    Zombaholic
    Zombaholic

Post by Zombaholic Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:29 am

THIS IS ALL A RUSE TO KNOW THE TRUE SIZE OF OUR SOCKS FOR SOME SORT OF NEFARIOUS SCHEME!

I've founded you our Lord Grey the second, IF that's your real name!
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 pm

You founded me? You prompted this? You provided me with money? You fund my endeavors?

Dude, you owe me money then.

(Oddly enough, the Lord Grey title does run in my family; my father is Lord Grey the First)
    Zombaholic
    Zombaholic

Post by Zombaholic Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:
    (Oddly enough, the Lord Grey title does run in my family; my father is Lord Grey the First)

What does it take to be a lord?
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Mainly it's all about calling yourself a lord. Same goes for a duke.

Cause, you know, I live in the US, where we don't have royalty.
    Lirren Shentai
    Lirren Shentai

Post by Lirren Shentai Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 pm

But some people think they are....*cough cough* politicians *cough cough* But.....back on topic...if there is such a thing here...XD [mutter] Geez, get a bunch of furries together and nothing stays on topic [/mutter] I'm with Lord Grey on this one...I like long socks....but because I live in Iowa, it is more of a warmth thing...especially right now.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Lirren Shentai wrote: [mutter] Geez, get a bunch of furries together and nothing stays on topic [/mutter]

But that's the way we like it!

I'm with Lord Grey on this one...

People agree with me? Shocked
    Lirren Shentai
    Lirren Shentai

Post by Lirren Shentai Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Is that such a shocker?
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Why, yes, yes it is. I'm used to being disagreed with.
    Lirren Shentai
    Lirren Shentai

Post by Lirren Shentai Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Laughing Join the club, my friend. My nickname in high school was "Charlie Brown"...I think you can guess why.
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:46 am

Zombaholic wrote:
    What does it take to be a lord?

In the Uk about £30 to by a tiny plot of land in scotland which you can then claim to be lord of (it's about 6" square)

Or, if you want the title with some sort of power attached to it you give the labour party a whole heap of money.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:48 pm