Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+3
Lord Grey II
Pandora
DannyBoy
7 posters

Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves

DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves Empty Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves

Post by DannyBoy Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Sorry for the long thread name but I decided to kill two birds with one stone on this one. Also we haven't had a new topic started up in a bit so I've decided to try and kick start another one.

First of all, who here has seen the third Underworld movie, and is it as good as the first two? I have yet to see it but I haven't heard too much about if it was good or not.

And secondly, which do you prefer Vampires or Werewolves?

Personally I am partial to werewolves over vampires and I think that if it did come down to a big fight between the two races I think the Werewolves would win.

DISCUSS!
    Pandora
    Pandora

Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves Empty Re: Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves

Post by Pandora Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:11 pm

I saw it twice. XD

I LOOOVE the werewolves. You don't have to die to be a werewolf, you can go out in the sun, you can survive off more than just drinking blood, AND in Army of Darkness vs. The Classic Monsters, Ash becomes a werewolf. How awesome is that?

Lycans have Ash Williams, what do the vamps have? ...Edward Cullen.

HAHA!
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves Empty Re: Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Now honestly, I would want werewolves to win. Truly I do.

But I recognize that vampires are way more powerful. In a straight fight, vampires win every time. Oh sure, you can say that a werewolf can take down a vampire the same way a human can, but that's not very easy, now is it? Besides, werewolves can only be werewolves on the full moon, whereas vampires are always vampires.
    DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Vampires have so many more weaknesses than Werewolves. Plus they are limited to only traveling and moving at night, and they have to have Lairs to go to so they have to plan accordingly. So being a Vampire would be a pain in the ass.

The only things Vampires have goins for them is 1) Hot chicks in tight leather and latex *mrow* 2) they can make more Vampires just by biting people at anytime on any day. So they produce quicker.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm

You know, since when is only being able to move around at night an inherently bad thing? I mean, for the most part, humans are limited to moving around during the day, and we function just fine. And besides, they can move around during the day, they just can't be touched the sun. Underground is perfectly fine. Lairs are fine. Just, no windows. *pop* yeah, big deterrent.

See vampires have tons of weaknesses, but you have to remember that, when it's not the full moon, werewolves are essentially just.... human. That's it.

So again, while I would like for werewolves to win, realistically (as far as this can get real) vampires would win.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 am

But I recognize that vampires are way more powerful. In a straight fight, vampires win every time.

If you really believe that you need to see Rise of the Lycans. The entire coven got @ss raped by werewolves. Not to mention in Van Helsing the only way to kill Dracula and have him stay dead, was a werewolf had to kill him. Not only did Van Helsing kill him in werewolf form, but he broke his wings off. I don't call that winning on the vampire side.

when it's not the full moon, werewolves are essentially just.... human. That's it.

Also not so. In the first Underworld, the main vampire girl says plain and simple "The moon no longer held her sway." Meaning, the Lycans could change whenever they wanted to...and did. There are a lot of werewolf stories in which a wolf does not need the moon in order to transform.

Even when they do need the full moon, they still have better abilities in human form. They are faster, stronger and are less subject to bodily harm. (See Van Helsing).

And there's still remaining that big important thing...you do not have to die to be a werewolf.

2) they can make more Vampires just by biting people at anytime on any day. So they produce quicker.

Werewolves do that too. How do you think they reproduce? Same way vampires do. Biting. Get bitten by a werewolf, you become one.

There's also one huge thing that the vampires have that doesn't exactly make them look all that great....Frikkin' Twilight. ...Come on...seriously...
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:49 am

Well, I'll admit that I haven't seen any of the Underworld series, so I'll defer to your knowledge of it. I'm relying on older versions of vampires and werewolves that are rife in fantasy (which is what I prefer, honestly).

Of course, you have the vampires that can cavort around in broad daylight, the werewolves that can turn whenever, the vampires that have no weaknesses, the werewolves that have no weaknesses, the vampires that are only defined by drinking blood, the werewolves that literally turn into wolves (not half-wolves), etc etc etc. I think that, like our zombie discussion, it's down to what types you want to discuss.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Oh yeah, we can't forget about Daywalkers. I didn't watch the show but I do believe that Buffy had a lot of daywalkers.
    DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Its true that Werewolves are created by being bitten, but they have to be bitten on a full moon or they don't become Werewolves. So they werewolves have less of a window to create reinforcements
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Combo Thread: Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Vampires v. Werewolves Empty Werewolves vs Vampires

Post by Teasealot Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

True Werewolves can change whenever they want, infected ones have certain limitations on when they can change... until they accept the beast within and learn how to bring it out when THEY want it.
    Vampires, regardless of the literature, are basically dead humans with supernatural speed and strength.
    Werewolves are just as fast, stronger, regenerate without the need of native soil or casket, have natural weapons in the forms of claws (capable of rending metal armour), and fangs (capable of puncturing metal armour). Also have no problem with the hunter waving around a holy symbol (unless it\'s silver) in it\'s face (biting or tearing off the offending arm), can walk around in the sun, and have no problems with garlic or running water.
    Also traditional vampires have just as much to fear from silver as a werewolf. It\'s considered a HOLY metal, and would burn vampires just as readily as a werewolf.

Werewolves can be created by the bite, they also breed true. Yes, a female werewolf will birth werewolf kids. A male werewolf will impregnate a human with a werewolf kid.

A werewolf versus a vampire in a straight fight... Result: Werewolf picking bits of vampire out between his claws and fangs.

If you can\'t guess I\'m a werewolf fan. Very Happy

Last edited by Teasealot on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DannyBoy
    DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm going to assume most people on this forum will be in favor of the Lycanthropes.
    canadianbacon
    canadianbacon

Post by canadianbacon Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:08 pm

saw the first underworld and saw no need to go see the second... >.>

honestly i prefer werewolves simply because vampires are the emos of the demon world. i prefer rending flesh from bone to sate hunger rather than frenching someone's neck. however if you'd allow other mythos into the arguement an ONI would pwn them all.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Well, and Oni is something else entirely. I don't think they count.

Personally, I also like werewolves because they don't try to hide behind a curtain of false sophistication. They KNOW they are monsters and some of them even enjoy it.

Vampires on the other hand try to pretend otherwise. They dress in fancy clothes and speak all eloquently and drink their blood out of wine glasses like they're superior or something. But when it all comes down to it, blood is still blood even if it's in a wine glass. They are still blood-sucking undead and no amount of fanciness is ever going to change that.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 pm

I disagree. There are plenty of vampires that are feral.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 pm

I have yet to see one. All the ones I've seen act like they are superior. None of the weres I've seen try to pretend they aren't lycans.
    canadianbacon
    canadianbacon

Post by canadianbacon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 pm

watch 30 days of night or whatever that semi-decent movie was.

but i agree in most mythos they are pretentious douchebags.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 am

I didn't bother seeing it because I don't like vampires.

I think the ones in Underworld as well as Count Dracula were just about the most pretentious. Though Dracula has been portrayed in an interesting way in the Army of Darkness vs. The Classic Monsters comic. He comes back to life because someone dripped blood on his head, and he came up in a flurry of it, but he still went the way of vampire uppityness.
    canadianbacon
    canadianbacon

Post by canadianbacon Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am

the idea of a true vampire has been lost in centuries of romance. noone will ever see the old ugly monsterous vampires you might have seen in the olllllllllllllld movies.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Nosferatu with Max Schreck FTW. That's a vampire, not the upper class Bloody (heavy on the blood) Mary sipping Armani wearing wussies protrayed nowadays... though the Reapers from the second and third Blade movies come close to the original vampire.

Still, I prefer Werewolves (and the other shapeshifters of that type) to vampires.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:07 pm

I actually prefer werelions. XD Most people don't know what I'm talking about when I mention a werelion, and a lot are too dumb to put 2 and 2 together to figure out what that is...
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Pandora wrote:I actually prefer werelions. XD Most people don't know what I'm talking about when I mention a werelion, and a lot are too dumb to put 2 and 2 together to figure out what that is...

Werelion: Similar to a werewolf, A Human who can shapeshift into a Lion or Lionman Hybrid. (Or Liongirl Hybrid, depending on gender.)

Love all forms of therianthropes (people who can shift into animals or hybridized forms), a LYCANTHROPE is a Werewolf, so a werelion would be either a Felinthrope or Panterathrope depending on which genus you use, have a soft spot for werefoxes personally.

And cool, someone I can discuss the various shapeshifters with who understands what the hell I'm trying to discuss.
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Lycans? "No thank you. The Gangrel are quite feral enough."

Vampires ftw, although not the Underworld ones.

Daeva for me ^^
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Evil or Very Mad Must. Not. Rant. About. New. World. Of. Darkness. Settings... Evil or Very Mad
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 am

*pokes*

Oooooh come on! you know you want to!

Personaly I -like- nWOD
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:49 am

I'm not going to rip into the new settings. I know people out there like the new settings, I personally DESPISE what they've done to it. And that's all I'll say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:37 am