Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
Teasealot
Pandora
Jimbo
Lord Grey II
Teh Chay
9 posters

Toys n' things!

Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Toys n' things! Empty Toys n'' things!

Post by Teh Chay Thu May 14, 2009 6:25 am

Everyone loves toys,

As a kid what was your favorite, do you still have it? Does it bring you as much joy?

Alternatively, what toys do you now as (mostly) grownups lust after?
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Toys n' things! Empty Re: Toys n' things!

Post by Lord Grey II Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Legos.

For both as a kid and now. Legos are awesome. Sadly, I have no legos. Crying or Very sad
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Thu May 14, 2009 12:30 pm

I saw your previous post about lego before this one, so I wont explode again.

I'm the same, I used to have them when I was little, but they were taken away from me when I repeatedly neglected to tidy them up and my parents trodded on them.

But now I can buy my own but they are so damn expensive.
    Jimbo
    Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Thu May 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Yes lego is made of awesome, and possibly sunshine. Was my favourite toy-thing when I was smaller. Now it's "upgraded" to warhammer instead^^. And I like building maps in games and playing around with 3d.modelling programs.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 pm

My favorite childhood toys were my dinosaurs and my Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers merch. YES. I still have all my Power Rangers stuff. In a great big box. And we're talking the original stuff. I have a Red Ranger toy that looks like JASON. YES. YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. JASON. Not Rocky.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Thu May 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Let's see... favourite toy when I was little...

Had to be my dinosaurs, my Japanese Godzilla, my Zoids and my little tiny grey and white cat plushy Pokki (entire length is maybe 7 inches and that's including his tail). Unfortunately I've lost most of my dinosaurs, and some little $%*& decapitated 'Zilla at school one day (it was in revenge for a 7 year old girl beating him into the ground for pulling her braid. The revenge got him a beating in the boys toilet that same day). I still have all my Zoids (missing four of the original big ones, and one of the small ones), and though I thought I'd lost him, I still have Pokki. He's sitting on the desk next to me, with his little frown.

Now I'm grown up (physically at least) my new plaything is Sinlain (aka Blackwolf in the BPD comments). One of the nicest things he's done for me was search every shop, toy store, mall and hobby outlet DURING CHRISTMAS to find me a replacement for my beheaded Japanese Godzilla...
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu May 14, 2009 5:11 pm

I mainly had Batman and Star Wars toys as a kid. Nothing to outrageous.

Now a days I mainly stick to building Gundam models from time to time. I haven't built one in months, but I might pick one up and see how it goes. Although I've never been good at making them....they have a bad habit of snapping joints.
    Teh Chay
    Teh Chay

Post by Teh Chay Fri May 15, 2009 5:34 am

Oh, I had at one time when I was very little an AT-ST and an AT-AT. The AT-AT was almost as tall as me.
    CalDayton
    CalDayton

Post by CalDayton Fri May 15, 2009 7:24 pm

oh man i LOVE toys. 'Specially the tiny airplanes. I definitely have 3 on my desk at this moment.

Back when I was younger I had a metric frakton of micro machines... they filled up a whole drawer and frequently rode around in my pockets XD
    Jimbo
    Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Ooooh micro machines! yes, those were fun! I think I still have some of them somewhere.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue May 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Teh Chay wrote:Oh, I had at one time when I was very little an AT-ST and an AT-AT. The AT-AT was almost as tall as me.

I actually still have all my old toys. When I was about 15 I was going to put up a yard sale to get rid of some but then my mom said "Oh yeah you're going to be an older brother."

As such all of my old toys went to my baby brother. He has no clue what they're all about so he just makes things up with them. I swear the kid is a bit neurotic though since everything needs to be exact. He actually called the ATAT a space ship. The Star Wars nerd in me face palmed hard.

I guess technically they're not mine anymore but they're still around.
    CalDayton
    CalDayton

Post by CalDayton Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm

lol kids these days, I tell ya!

Did you guys ever read the "Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels?" I swear i must have read that thing cover to cover about 3 times, along with "weapons and technology" and "droids"

*sigh* those were the days... back when yoda was a muppet, not a CG rip off
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed May 20, 2009 3:45 pm

CalDayton wrote:Did you guys ever read the "Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels?" I swear i must have read that thing cover to cover about 3 times, along with "weapons and technology" and "droids"

Didn't read those Guides but I did have the Essential Guides to Rebellion Forces, Imperial Forces and... Boba Fett (before they made him a clone... LAME!!!!! Lucas LAME!!!!!).

*smiles at the full poster pullout of Slave 1's Cutaway*

When you're a kid, people expect you to play with toys "suitable to your gender", and think you're strange if you didn't... Then label me strange, as I (a girl) played with Star Wars, Star Trek, GI Joe, toy cars, toy guns, play swords and axes, as well as my Zoids... did have a My Little Pony and a Barbie doll, but both of them had Extreme makeovers, My Little Pony Strawberry Sunshine (or something insipid, Yellow pony with orange hair) became Didi Moonlight (when I painted her black and dyed her mane and tail silver and purple) and Barbie became a member of the Enterprise crew, better known as Red Shirt Barbie. Tragically vanished in a Photon Torpedo accident (I duct-taped her to several fireworks, lit them and ran like hell). I might have been a slightly disturbed kid.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Teasealot wrote:Barbie became a member of the Enterprise crew, better known as Red Shirt Barbie. Tragically vanished in a Photon Torpedo accident (I duct-taped her to several fireworks, lit them and ran like hell). I might have been a slightly disturbed kid.

I'm not completely familiar with the original Star Trek series...but wasn't the point of the red shirt to get killed off like that? Cause if that's the case that's not disturbing, it's actually playing by the rules.
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:09 pm

I have 2 file bins (bins that can store files and stuff) full of legos.... i play with them all to often!
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:42 pm

I had a large chest of lego, now a monstrous ATV I made to use it all up, sadly the motors are a bust and I can't disassemble it to fix it.
    I also had a Gallowfree Medium Transporter toy (roughly 3-4 feet long) which 'crashed' from my perants 3 floored house.
    Still loved playing with it afterwards.
    I've still got a few of them though, my pride and joy are a pair of collectors edition Frosty cars.
    A Silver Jaguar and a black race car both with the Tony the tiger stripes. Pure Awsome they survived my childhood and someday, I'll pass them on

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm