Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

4 posters

Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art.

Invalid
    Invalid

Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art. Empty Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art.

Post by Invalid Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Why not get this off my chest, "School, Home Work, and family issues" all get in the way of my favorite thing in the world, also the fact that I can't afford to buy a new scanner because my parttime job as a gutter cleaning went down the economic drain. What about you, what gets in the way of your artistic abilities. I know there are artists on this forum and I not the only one that has life's grap falling on my head, just get out the frustrations!
    SD
    SD

Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art. Empty Re: Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art.

Post by SD Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:54 am

I find it simpler to not worry about "things that get in the way." If you let it get to you then there's no point to it. And that's not just for art, that's the way I look at everything.
    LastArcher

Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art. Empty Re: Things In Our lives That Get In The Way Of Art.

Post by LastArcher Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:46 am

I don´t let me stop so easy by things who get in my way. If I want to do something, I do it now, or later when I have the time for it again. It makes life easier, when you know, you finished something you wanted to do.
    And for my drawings I have a pretty simple way.
    When I have an idea about something I can draw, I make a record about it. And I have many ideas sometimes. After work I start to draw it, and step by step, it becomes a completed drawing. Mostly at weekend where I have the most time to draw. It works pretty well.
    gizagiza
    gizagiza

Post by gizagiza Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Two things get in my way: Work, (previously school, but I graduated) and my social life. Oh, and living with a roommate, which counts as the latter - she's always around and we get along really well. This means we spend more time chatting than we should (sometimes, hours worth), and considering we both have a plethora of other responsibilities to do first, this can be a bad thing. I have to prioritize, unfortunately - and creating art is often pushed down on that list, especially because it brings in no revenue. Bills are le suck.

Plus, I'll be starting a Masters in Chemistry in January, so that'll be even more demanding than my current job. At least now, I get weekends off! (Usually)

Maybe we should share some art, to help motivate us to put drawing higher up on our priorities? It's always more rewarding to get attention for something you put effort into. I finally finished an overdue piece tonight, actually. It took me hours. The demanding amount of time drawing takes is sadly, another obstacle I have to manage.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:39 pm

gizagiza wrote:Two things get in my way: Work, (previously school, but I graduated) and my social life. Oh, and living with a roommate, which counts as the latter - she's always around and we get along really well. This means we spend more time chatting than we should (sometimes, hours worth), and considering we both have a plethora of other responsibilities to do first, this can be a bad thing. I have to prioritize, unfortunately - and creating art is often pushed down on that list, especially because it brings in no revenue. Bills are le suck.

Plus, I'll be starting a Masters in Chemistry in January, so that'll be even more demanding than my current job. At least now, I get weekends off! (Usually)

Maybe we should share some art, to help motivate us to put drawing higher up on our priorities? It's always more rewarding to get attention for something you put effort into. I finally finished an overdue piece tonight, actually. It took me hours. The demanding amount of time drawing takes is sadly, another obstacle I have to manage.

We got a thread for sharing art.
    gizagiza
    gizagiza

Post by gizagiza Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Well shit, epic fail on my part. >.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm