Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

    Strange/Creepy Things

    Share

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 am

    Since There's a thread for good things and bad things. We shoould share the strange/creepy things that happen to us, either at the store, home, coffee shop, or even an at Town Hall meeting. I just want to see the odd happens across the globe that I can't see. Since stuff like this is unsual it interests me.



    My cat "Sam" did the weirdest thing this morning she woke me up and slap me across the face. Not with her claws but hard anothe to wake me up. And just stared down at me for at least 2 minutes, then went back to sleep on my chest. She never hit me in the face before, only hitting my hand when I tiggle her but she acted different she ain't a jumpy kitty or energenic at 2:00 am in the morning. Strange.

    I think possibly I was sleep talking and that could have freaked her out or pissed her off. But I don't talk in my sleep usually, from what I least know.

    Teasealot

    Posts: 1221
    Join date: 2008-12-04
    Age: 32
    Location: Scotland

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Teasealot on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

    I could probably fill a couple of pages with the creepy and strange stuff I've seen in my life. A couple of the other regulars know of what I speaketh.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 pm

    Teasealot wrote:I could probably fill a couple of pages with the creepy and strange stuff I've seen in my life. A couple of the other regulars know of what I speaketh.

    Im intrigued.

    Teasealot

    Posts: 1221
    Join date: 2008-12-04
    Age: 32
    Location: Scotland

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Teasealot on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:26 pm

    Before I start, I am letting you know that I am what my grandmother, grand aunt and my late mother described as "Sensitive". I have always been like this, always had small feelings that couldn't be described in any other way than strange. And it runs in my family.

    In the city I now live, there are places I won't go near, not because of anything that's happened to me but because I get strange feelings from them. Like a certain house in a small street linking one of the main roads to the beach road, I cannot walk pass it because of the feeling of despair I get from that house, locally it's called the Murder Hoosie because a 6 year old girl was found murdered and raped in the cellar of that building during the 1930s.

    My Sensitivity has also made several school trips interesting and on one occassion downright terrifying.

    One year, our school decided on a weekend trip down to Edinburgh, to tour certain sites for a report on Haunted Places for Halloween. One of the sites was a graveyard, which has this large mausoleum in it. The mausoleum is said to hold a "Great Evil" and our teacher thought it would be a good idea to go and look at this building... I wasn't too happy about this, voiced my nervousness about it and got told that, "It'll be okay. It's just a building." The class arrives at the graveyard and are slowly wandering through towards this mausoleum, my friend who was holding my hand could physically tell I was getting more and more unnerved the closer we got to it. After two hours, the class arrived, and the teacher wanted to get a photo of the mausoleum with a student leaning on it. She chose me... I clearly wasn't happy about this, but she forced me to lean against the building. I was crying quietly when I leaned on it, next thing the class knew I had PHYSICALLY jumped 10 feet and was running screaming and crying openly from the place. I didn't stop running until I was back in the school bus, hiding in the footwell of the back seats, my friend took a photo just as I touched it. On the wall, some 6 feet behind me was a 12 foot tall shadow and it was clearly reaching for me. The sun was shining directly on that wall, there was no one but me standing near that wall, and my own shadow was cast in front of me...

    Another school trip out to a nature reserve just up the coast of the city I live in, I was throughly enjoying myself out there, I love being surrounded by nature, I feel at peace when I am. The ranger is guiding us around, and decided that we'll have lunch in this old broken down kirk (small church), the class file in and he notices that I've stopped at the door, shivering a bit. He comes over and asks me why, I tell him that the inside of the kirk feels wrong and I don't want to go in. He accepts this, and asks if anyone wants to sit outside with me as he's not going to insist I enter, two of my friends sit outside with me, as we eat our lunches. The ranger starts to tell us a local legend about the kirk that we are at, telling us that the minister had been a bad sort and that the Devil himself came and took him away, cursing the kirk in the process...
    Later on the same trip, my class are looking a free-standing rock pillar from about 10 feet from the cliff edge (can't remember the proper term for them, you see them a lot in postcards) and I can hear singing. I look around at my class and no-one's saying a word (and we weren't allowed to bring any electronics so no personal stereos, cellphones, whatever), and I mention this to the ranger, who looks a little spooked at that point, who turns to see four of the guys getting dangerously close to the cliff. He basically cuffs them and drags them back away from the edge, and gets the guys in the class to move away from the pillar NOW! He turns to see a couple of us, with the female ranger looking down at the small cave at the bottom of this pillar, and she asks me if I can still hear singing, I could and then pointed out a girl disappearing into the cave, and told her that it seemed that it was the girl down there doing the singing. The rangers shifted the class the instant I said that, to a nearby campground and asked me again, if I could still hear the singing. I told them no, and we get told that the cave I saw the girl go into had sevral legends attached to it, one was a girl had hidden in there, and sang to attract her groom to her so they could elope, he was late and she drowned. Now she sings to attract a groom to live with her for eternity, another one was that it was a lair of a Siren.

    When I used to work, me and my friends would always take this same little alley to cut down on how long it took us to get home, it saved us some 10 minutes. We worked at nights, so we'd stop in a little pub for a hour to unwind before walking home.
    One night, when we were about to go down the alley, I just froze. I refused to step into the alleyway, no matter what my friends said or did, I simply would not go down that narrow path. My friend who knew me as Witchypoo, realised that I was getting one of my "Sensitivity Spikes" and decided to direct the small group the long way home, I relaxed when we walked away.
    Next day, we were walking to work and saw the alleyway sealed with police tape, and a poor young policeman warding people away from it. Intrigued, we stopped and asked. We explained that we'd walked past it last night, he told us it had been a good thing we'd walked past instead of going down like we usually did, as someone had been murdered in the alleyway the night before, about thirty minutes before we would have gotten there. The murderer was caught in the alleyway, waiting on another victim three hours later. I had gone white at this, and had a panic attack.
    3 months later, I know this'll sound strange to a lot of you but I went into the alleyway with a small fish supper, laid it down in the alcove the victim was found, and said, "That's for you. Thanks for warning us." I feel a warmth around me, and I swear I heard a male voice whispering, "You're welcome, miss."

    And I knew when my mother and grandfather had died, twenty minutes before I got the phone call from the hospital. That was the only reason I didn't break down and cry... I did that later, at the hospital.

    I'm going to stop there, as I'm spooking myself as I'm home alone with no one to comfort or calm me.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    SD

    Posts: 1134
    Join date: 2009-01-22
    Age: 26
    Location: A Place

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by SD on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 pm

    I wouldn't say I have a lot of strange creepy moments but one does stick out in my head thinking of it now.

    One weekend I was camping with a local Boy Scout troop in a cabin. It snowed recently and I pulled fire duty at around 2 in the morning. There were two of us, me at the age of 16 and an older Scout at around 22. We were playing cards and then I heard the calling of nature.

    I went out in the cold to the closest latrine to take a leak. While in the small building I heard footsteps outside. After I was done I looked around thinking it was one of the adults or someone from another cabin looking for fire wood. But the thing was there weren't any foot prints in the snow beside mine. I just thought I was sleepy or something so I passed it off.

    The next day someone else got night watch and did the same thing and spoke up about it. Everyone joked at him, but I said the same thing happened to me. Everyone just passed it off as us trying to start spooking the younger kids.

    I'm not "sensitive" or anything, but sometimes I get that feeling something is "off".

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 am

    Teasealot wrote:Before I start, I am letting you know that I am what my grandmother, grand aunt and my late mother described as "Sensitive". I have always been like this, always had small feelings that couldn't be described in any other way than strange. And it runs in my family.

    In the city I now live, there are places I won't go near, not because of anything that's happened to me but because I get strange feelings from them. Like a certain house in a small street linking one of the main roads to the beach road, I cannot walk pass it because of the feeling of despair I get from that house, locally it's called the Murder Hoosie because a 6 year old girl was found murdered and raped in the cellar of that building during the 1930s.

    My Sensitivity has also made several school trips interesting and on one occassion downright terrifying.

    One year, our school decided on a weekend trip down to Edinburgh, to tour certain sites for a report on Haunted Places for Halloween. One of the sites was a graveyard, which has this large mausoleum in it. The mausoleum is said to hold a "Great Evil" and our teacher thought it would be a good idea to go and look at this building... I wasn't too happy about this, voiced my nervousness about it and got told that, "It'll be okay. It's just a building." The class arrives at the graveyard and are slowly wandering through towards this mausoleum, my friend who was holding my hand could physically tell I was getting more and more unnerved the closer we got to it. After two hours, the class arrived, and the teacher wanted to get a photo of the mausoleum with a student leaning on it. She chose me... I clearly wasn't happy about this, but she forced me to lean against the building. I was crying quietly when I leaned on it, next thing the class knew I had PHYSICALLY jumped 10 feet and was running screaming and crying openly from the place. I didn't stop running until I was back in the school bus, hiding in the footwell of the back seats, my friend took a photo just as I touched it. On the wall, some 6 feet behind me was a 12 foot tall shadow and it was clearly reaching for me. The sun was shining directly on that wall, there was no one but me standing near that wall, and my own shadow was cast in front of me...

    Another school trip out to a nature reserve just up the coast of the city I live in, I was throughly enjoying myself out there, I love being surrounded by nature, I feel at peace when I am. The ranger is guiding us around, and decided that we'll have lunch in this old broken down kirk (small church), the class file in and he notices that I've stopped at the door, shivering a bit. He comes over and asks me why, I tell him that the inside of the kirk feels wrong and I don't want to go in. He accepts this, and asks if anyone wants to sit outside with me as he's not going to insist I enter, two of my friends sit outside with me, as we eat our lunches. The ranger starts to tell us a local legend about the kirk that we are at, telling us that the minister had been a bad sort and that the Devil himself came and took him away, cursing the kirk in the process...
    Later on the same trip, my class are looking a free-standing rock pillar from about 10 feet from the cliff edge (can't remember the proper term for them, you see them a lot in postcards) and I can hear singing. I look around at my class and no-one's saying a word (and we weren't allowed to bring any electronics so no personal stereos, cellphones, whatever), and I mention this to the ranger, who looks a little spooked at that point, who turns to see four of the guys getting dangerously close to the cliff. He basically cuffs them and drags them back away from the edge, and gets the guys in the class to move away from the pillar NOW! He turns to see a couple of us, with the female ranger looking down at the small cave at the bottom of this pillar, and she asks me if I can still hear singing, I could and then pointed out a girl disappearing into the cave, and told her that it seemed that it was the girl down there doing the singing. The rangers shifted the class the instant I said that, to a nearby campground and asked me again, if I could still hear the singing. I told them no, and we get told that the cave I saw the girl go into had sevral legends attached to it, one was a girl had hidden in there, and sang to attract her groom to her so they could elope, he was late and she drowned. Now she sings to attract a groom to live with her for eternity, another one was that it was a lair of a Siren.

    When I used to work, me and my friends would always take this same little alley to cut down on how long it took us to get home, it saved us some 10 minutes. We worked at nights, so we'd stop in a little pub for a hour to unwind before walking home.
    One night, when we were about to go down the alley, I just froze. I refused to step into the alleyway, no matter what my friends said or did, I simply would not go down that narrow path. My friend who knew me as Witchypoo, realised that I was getting one of my "Sensitivity Spikes" and decided to direct the small group the long way home, I relaxed when we walked away.
    Next day, we were walking to work and saw the alleyway sealed with police tape, and a poor young policeman warding people away from it. Intrigued, we stopped and asked. We explained that we'd walked past it last night, he told us it had been a good thing we'd walked past instead of going down like we usually did, as someone had been murdered in the alleyway the night before, about thirty minutes before we would have gotten there. The murderer was caught in the alleyway, waiting on another victim three hours later. I had gone white at this, and had a panic attack.
    3 months later, I know this'll sound strange to a lot of you but I went into the alleyway with a small fish supper, laid it down in the alcove the victim was found, and said, "That's for you. Thanks for warning us." I feel a warmth around me, and I swear I heard a male voice whispering, "You're welcome, miss."

    And I knew when my mother and grandfather had died, twenty minutes before I got the phone call from the hospital. That was the only reason I didn't break down and cry... I did that later, at the hospital.

    I'm going to stop there, as I'm spooking myself as I'm home alone with no one to comfort or calm me.

    Sounds hard too live with a ability like that, I can't understand it greatly as I never have exiperences like that. I feel your pain about you losing those close to you, all of my grandparents are deceased , as is most of my father's family has died off. Im the last male to carry my father's family name, as all my living uncles are told old too have kids. Most All my father's side of the family have died with out warning, as old as 69 and as young as Newborns. You have my sympathy for your pain. As I have pain as well.

    LastArcher

    Posts: 81
    Join date: 2009-08-28
    Age: 27

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by LastArcher on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

    .


    Last edited by LastArcher on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

    SD

    Posts: 1134
    Join date: 2009-01-22
    Age: 26
    Location: A Place

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by SD on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:31 pm

    LastArcher wrote:Awoke today one hour before I had to awake anyway. That isn´t probably the strange thing. I was dreaming something again, since over one and a half month. But I can´t remember what it was. I just remember that I was dreaming something, and that I never saw those people I saw in my dream, before. And the odd about this is, that after I had that dreams I was in situations who giving me a déjà vu. Sometimes more than one. Like I saw in the future, but don´t know what time it was.
    I´m not so interested in supernatural things, but that is something that let me thing about it sometime. I ask then myself, do I saw the future somehow, or plays my subconsciousness just with many "what if" possibilities and one is the one who will happen?
    I don´t know it. Not sure if I want to know it. Because I think, life is full with surprises. Good ones and bad ones. The good ones are helpful, and beautiful. The bad ones can destroy you, if you let it happen. But if you got through it, it will make you stronger.
    I life for the now, have set my marks in the past, and looking forward to my goals in life, and the many different ways to them with all their ramifications.

    Archer this thread isn't about...well to be perfectly honest I'm not sure what you really said since you went all over the place.

    But this is about odd experiences that we've went through. Whether they be "supernatural" or just plain weird.

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 pm

    To say the least I think Im developing a centipede phobia, they are creepy creatures after all. And finding them in my bed today didn't help me even if they are harmless. I never feared anything before but centipedes! pale



    House Centipedes the ones that where in my bed.



    Gaint Centipedes creepy!

    Night Dragon

    Posts: 730
    Join date: 2009-07-27
    Age: 25
    Location: At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Night Dragon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:31 am

    I think I see why you would develop a phobia to them.

    That is creepy to see one that big.

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 am



    0_0

    Teasealot

    Posts: 1221
    Join date: 2008-12-04
    Age: 32
    Location: Scotland

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Teasealot on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:02 pm

    Just so you know, Centipedes have a poisonous bite.


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm

    Teasealot wrote:Just so you know, Centipedes have a poisonous bite.

    That's one reason why Im afraid of them.

    Teasealot

    Posts: 1221
    Join date: 2008-12-04
    Age: 32
    Location: Scotland

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Teasealot on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

    Mecingo wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:Just so you know, Centipedes have a poisonous bite.

    That's one reason why Im afraid of them.

    They also have a powerful bite, are as fast as rocket propelled lightning, and carnivorous. And prehistoric ones grew up to 6 feet in length... Sorry Mecingo, I'm not helping with that phobia, am I?


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    SD

    Posts: 1134
    Join date: 2009-01-22
    Age: 26
    Location: A Place

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by SD on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 pm

    Teasealot wrote:
    Mecingo wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:Just so you know, Centipedes have a poisonous bite.

    That's one reason why Im afraid of them.

    They also have a powerful bite, are as fast as rocket propelled lightning, and carnivorous. And prehistoric ones grew up to 6 feet in length... Sorry Mecingo, I'm not helping with that phobia, am I?

    *curls up into a little ball.*

    Invalid

    Posts: 393
    Join date: 2009-10-21
    Age: 21
    Location: USA WV,Weirton

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Invalid on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:40 am

    Teasealot wrote:
    Mecingo wrote:
    Teasealot wrote:Just so you know, Centipedes have a poisonous bite.

    That's one reason why Im afraid of them.

    They also have a powerful bite, are as fast as rocket propelled lightning, and carnivorous. And prehistoric ones grew up to 6 feet in length... Sorry Mecingo, I'm not helping with that phobia, am I?

    I only freak out when one or more are actually right next to me or running towards me.

    SD wrote:*curls up into a little ball*

    Well SD Is Scared Now. BTW Is there are any Mice on this forum, the gaint ones eat mice. Protect your selfs with bug spray.

    SD

    Posts: 1134
    Join date: 2009-01-22
    Age: 26
    Location: A Place

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by SD on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 am

    http://jalopnik.com/5494444/feds-study-whether-toyotas-problems-caused-by-cosmic-rays

    Sooooo Toyota's cars are affected by Gamma radiation? Didn't realize they had a contract with Marvel comics.

    SD

    Posts: 1134
    Join date: 2009-01-22
    Age: 26
    Location: A Place

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by SD on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:54 pm

    http://consumerist.com/2010/03/this-1-year-old-happy-meal-has-aged-surprisingly-well.html

    A happy meal after one year.....wow....I'm...yeah....

    Teasealot

    Posts: 1221
    Join date: 2008-12-04
    Age: 32
    Location: Scotland

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Teasealot on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

    SD wrote:http://consumerist.com/2010/03/this-1-year-old-happy-meal-has-aged-surprisingly-well.html

    A happy meal after one year.....wow....I'm...yeah....

    And people willingly EAT these... (not the year old ones)


    _________________
    Foxgirl Artist (and Moderator).
    CEO of HenchCo, supplyin' sensible minions to sensible villains since time immemorial.
    Founder of Apocalypse Unlimited, supplyin' weapons and gadgets to the power mad since 1990.

    Night Dragon

    Posts: 730
    Join date: 2009-07-27
    Age: 25
    Location: At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

    Re: Strange/Creepy Things

    Post by Night Dragon on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 pm

    Wow, what preseratives did McDs put in that!

      Current date/time is Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:26 am