Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+8
Jimbo
Nilo Kaal
Keyou-bi
Teasealot
Pandora
TeenageAngst
Coydog
Night Dragon
12 posters

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked. Empty Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Post by Night Dragon Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:43 pm

I hate movies that always involve a dragon being a beast out to destroy everything.(Thankfully, there are a couple not like that.)
    Coydog
    Coydog

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked. Empty Re: Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Post by Coydog Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 pm

I hate Underworld. Giant killing machines being killed easily in direct combat by emo stick figure people=bad. Werewolves>Vampires, always.

I hate any Matrix installment after the first movie. Not too big a fan of the first movie itself, either, but I find it tolerable.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked. Empty Re: Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Post by TeenageAngst Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:12 pm

The majority of the Marvel movies, with the exception of Iron Man.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:56 am

Coydog wrote:I hate Underworld. Giant killing machines being killed easily in direct combat by emo stick figure people=bad. Werewolves>Vampires, always.

Except in Underworld 3. The vampires got properly f*cked in that one.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:50 am

Sadly, I had such distaste for the first 2 installments, I decided not to watch the 3rd.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

Coydog wrote:Sadly, I had such distaste for the first 2 installments, I decided not to watch the 3rd.

Same here. And we have a werewolves versus vampires somewhere on this forum...
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 pm

No matter who wins, the vampires lose.

Because they suck.

*collective groan*
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Coydog wrote:No matter who wins, the vampires lose.

Because they suck.

*collective groan*

Da-dum Kish!
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Pandora wrote:
    Coydog wrote:No matter who wins, the vampires lose.

Because they suck.

*collective groan*

Da-dum Kish!

*thump thump* Is this thing on? Hello?
    Keyou-bi
    Keyou-bi

Post by Keyou-bi Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:33 am

Coydog wrote:I hate Underworld. Giant killing machines being killed easily in direct combat by emo stick figure people=bad. Werewolves>Vampires, always.

I hate any Matrix installment after the first movie. Not too big a fan of the first movie itself, either, but I find it tolerable.

Ohh wow someone ells understands what i have been saying for ever!

I agree with the matrix for all except the part in the third where there is the massive mech battle ^^
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:38 am

That part was badass
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:29 am

The Matrix series, as a whole, sucked. With only one bit that didn't. The Mech Fight... the rest, MEH!! I say MEH!!!!
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

I thought the mech fight was horrible, too.

Machines-"We are well aware that swarming up and flying around the room in a large mass makes us easy targets for weapon fire as a group. Let's do it anyway. Say, I think it'd be a good idea if we also took the longest route around this conveniently massive hangar, to provide these puny humans maximum oppurtunity to shoot us."

Despite being a horrible cliche from beginning to end (how much better would the series have been if the "chosen one" was Trinity? or if it was told from the Agent's perspective?), I think the first was the best solely because I didn't hear the word "love" 80 million times every scene. I've never seen the word so intentionally diluted and abused in the course of any single fiction. That, and I did think the action scenes in the first were great, while it was clear they weren't even trying on the sequels.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Also, did anyone else find it slightly odd that the humans were fighting the machines...with big machines?
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Excellent point, Pan, that was another issue I had with the fight. Not just any machines, either, but the most horribly inefficient war machines a person could imagine. It seems that the conflict between man and machine will be protracted by the incompetence of both parties.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:35 pm

But don't worry, blind Keanu Reeves will save us by just kind of flopping himself in front of a giant robot face.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Jimbo
    Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 am

I didnt really like Batman Begins. It had some good bits, but it was still only mediore at best.

And what did the do to the batmobile? It just looks silly when Batman is driving around in something that doesnt have at least his logo on it.I mean, it must be a little cheesy things like that to be batman i think.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:33 am

I was extremely let down by 9, which reminded me of how let down I was about Max Payne.
    Coydog
    Coydog

Post by Coydog Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 am

While I can't watch it atm, unless it has Keanu Reeves saying "I know kung fu!", and then promptly being beaten to death by every other member of the crew, as well as some cast members from previous movies he's starred in (bonus points for people from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure), it just *isn't* good enough.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:46 pm

TeenageAngst wrote:I was extremely let down by 9, which reminded me of how let down I was about Max Payne.

You expected Max Payne to be good? I'm sorry.
    TeenageAngst
    TeenageAngst

Post by TeenageAngst Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Pandora wrote:
    TeenageAngst wrote:I was extremely let down by 9, which reminded me of how let down I was about Max Payne.

You expected Max Payne to be good? I'm sorry.

I tried to like it! But half way through the movie I just said to myself "this sucks" and left.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 pm

I never bothered to see it because I knew that it was going to suck.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Saw it. Was alright. Never played the game so I can't compare it. My friend played it. Said the movie sucked. Was nothing like the game. Glad I didn't play it. Smile
    The Dog
    The Dog

Post by The Dog Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:49 pm

The Twilight Movies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 am