Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+8
Jimbo
Nilo Kaal
Keyou-bi
Teasealot
Pandora
TeenageAngst
Coydog
Night Dragon
12 posters

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Teasealot
    Teasealot

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked. - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Post by Teasealot Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Notorious D wrote:The Twilight Movies

Nononononononono!!! The Twilight movies aren't hated!!! Despised, reviled, loathed and abhorred, but not hated. Hate isn't a strong enough word to describe how these films inspire negative emotional response in most people.
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked. - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies or parts of movies that are hated or disliked.

Post by Cuboos Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Every thing made by Uwe Boll, Every thing... I'm not sure who's heard of him, but hes made such horrors such as, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne, House of the Dead, in the name of the King, and Postal. Every single movie hes made has been absolutely terrible, not one single positive review has been made about his movies. No matter what people say, he keeps making movies, now this would be respectable if it weren't for one thing. Being, i believe German, he takes advantage of some sort of German tax loop hole that allows him to make a profit no matter how much his movies flop. he doesn't try at all, in a few movies you can see actors who were playing dead get up just before the scene ends.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:31 pm

A quote about Uwe Boll wantin' to do the Warcraft Movie, though from what I heard he couldn't do any worse that the present rumoured plotline (It's a love story presently).

At one point, director Uwe Boll expressed interest in directing the movie, even going so far as meeting with Paul Sams to pitch ideas, but Blizzard stated in no uncertain terms it wanted nothing to do with Boll, whose movie adaptations of video games routinely landed as among the 100 worst rated and reviewed movies in recent memory. They went on record to say to him, "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... not ever to you."
    Invalid
    Invalid

Post by Invalid Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm

The Saw Movies, there not even scary just a gore fest.
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Post by Cuboos Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Transformers Two. I'm sure most people agree, i hate this movie with every ounce of hatred i can possibly summon. i liked the first movie, the humor was decent, that writing wasn't horrible, the only real problem i had was the lack of transformer action and the focus on the humans. That and the whole pissing on the bad guy part. But then in its sequel, we get sexual innuendo after sexual innuendo after poorly fucking written poorly executed sexual innuendo. Dogs humping each other, a decepticon humping Megan fox's leg and wrecking ball testicles. But -- for me at least -- the worst part is what they did to sound wave, my favorite transformer. he only spoke like sound wave once, during his introduction, then used perfect grammar the rest of the time we saw him. Not to mention he was never part of the action. all he did was float around in space, launch other decepticons and hack a satellite. Some times i think the people who make movie adaptions try to intentionally insult the original fan base.
    UFAlien
    UFAlien

Post by UFAlien Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I hate Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark. I actually enjoy the rest of his films on a dumb, turn-off-your-brain level.

That's my pick for third-worst movie. At #2 is the Shutter remake. In a year full of mediocre Asian horror movie remakes, it somehow managed to make every other one look like high art. I actually wrote a full-length review for it, if anyone wants to see.

My pick for worst movie, though, is Amityville Dollhouse. It's the eighth movie in the Amityville Horror series, about a random demonic dollhouse that kind of almost looks like a really bad imitation of the house from the first movie. And a bunch of other really weird and dumb subplots they never bother to resolve. It even has not one, but two bad little child actors. Although admittedly, one is about 10 times worse than the other...
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Post by Cuboos Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Movies that you have to turn your brain off in order to enjoy shouldn't be made. I'm not saying that every movie should be some big complicated story, but people at least need to try and put alittle creativity in their work.
    UFAlien
    UFAlien

Post by UFAlien Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Ah, but didn't you say you liked the first Transformers movie? Wink

And what does creativity have to do with turning off your brain as a viewer? Many of the stunts and action sequences in loud, dumb movies are incredibly creative and well-choreographed. The Terminator series is full of plot holes if you think about it, but that doesn't make it any less revered or influential. I understand that you don't enjoy many movies that you perceive as, say, "sound and fury signifying nothing", but saying they should not be made is a futile statement when they are so broadly enjoyed - and, of course, are often very marketable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:24 am