Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+31
vincent5000x
ShavedIguana
floppybelly
Cuboos
Bosco1513
Wolfie
TheJimTimMan
The Dog
Chesamo
Shachza
LiuAnshan
crazzycat
Invalid
LastArcher
Coydog
TeenageAngst
Night Dragon
Nilo Kaal
Zombaholic
Lizardbeth
Winds
Cypher
Keyou-bi
AngryTiger
Lord Grey II
Teh Chay
Jimbo
SD
Teasealot
Blackwolf
Pandora
35 posters

Happy things!

Kvothe
    Kvothe

Happy things! - Page 24 Empty Re: Happy things!

Post by Kvothe Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 am

SD wrote:
    Kvothe wrote:It was 46 degrees today!

I finally got to scrape the 2 inches of compacted snow and ice that has been there for most of the winter off my driveway.

I share this sentiment. Sans the ice thing, that just melted on it's own. Very Happy

Lucky.

Also
    Lord Grey II wrote:Oh sure, brag about your snow and ice and wonderfully cold weather.

Stupid weather in the stupid 70's with the stupid heat and stupid Texas.

Stupid.
    Does it help that I did said scraping in a tee-shirt?

:3

Seriously though, come here for a few weeks in December/January, and I gaurentee you will change your tune. Having only just recently obtained my driver's license, let alone a car, I still get to ride the bus. The bus that is often only marginally warmer than outside, and is late on especially cold or snowy days. There can be a wind chill factor of -30, and the school system will still have school. In negative 30, exposed skin will freeze in a matter of minutes. Heck, it can be a -30 windchill, and there can be roads under more than a foot of snow still unplowed because they just get blown back over an hour after they are plowed, and the buses will still be running. Not to mention that this weather is braved in a coat and jeans, because the lockers are so narrow, you can barely fit said coat and a backpack, let alone boots and snowpants.

At least if there's ever a zombie apocalypse, all I have to do is mind my propane supplies and smash all the zombiecicles in the first winter.

/rant

I suppose there are upsides to it; you yourself have experienced the joys of snow, and skiing (of both downhill and cross country variety) is good exercise.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:40 am

watching the pet cat playing with one of his many mousie toys, kicking the crap out of it with the cute little disembowelment move they do, he looks up seem's me watching him and tries to look cool by grooming his hindleg
    got a very "I was not maiming a toy and enjoying it, now FEED ME !" vibe from him.

what made it even funner was I was enjoying listening to 'Crop Circles in My Marijuana' at the time
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am

Kvothe wrote:Seriously though, come here for a few weeks in December/January, and I gaurentee you will change your tune. Having only just recently obtained my driver's license, let alone a car, I still get to ride the bus. The bus that is often only marginally warmer than outside, and is late on especially cold or snowy days. There can be a wind chill factor of -30, and the school system will still have school. In negative 30, exposed skin will freeze in a matter of minutes. Heck, it can be a -30 windchill, and there can be roads under more than a foot of snow still unplowed because they just get blown back over an hour after they are plowed, and the buses will still be running. Not to mention that this weather is braved in a coat and jeans, because the lockers are so narrow, you can barely fit said coat and a backpack, let alone boots and snowpants.

Come here for a few weeks in July and August, and you will change your tune. 115F/46C, making you break out into a sweat nigh instantly. No wind, and there's humidity to make it feel like it's 125-35F/51-54C. If you don't have enough liquid in you, there's a good chance you'll heat stroke no matter what you're wearing. Cars trap the heat and multiply the heat like a greenhouse; I've actually burned my hand on the steering wheel before. Buses were no better, way back when I used to ride them. The air conditioners on yellow buses were almost always broken. Big metal can, baking heat, filled with other sweating high schoolers.

You find yourself walking into stores you hate just to avoid the heat. Your electricity bill sky-rockets as you desperately attempt to keep you A/C at a reasonable temp.

Forgive me if I have fallen in love with the cold. What you described sounds like heaven. Where I am now is hell.
    Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:
    Kvothe wrote:Seriously though, come here for a few weeks in December/January, and I gaurentee you will change your tune. Having only just recently obtained my driver's license, let alone a car, I still get to ride the bus. The bus that is often only marginally warmer than outside, and is late on especially cold or snowy days. There can be a wind chill factor of -30, and the school system will still have school. In negative 30, exposed skin will freeze in a matter of minutes. Heck, it can be a -30 windchill, and there can be roads under more than a foot of snow still unplowed because they just get blown back over an hour after they are plowed, and the buses will still be running. Not to mention that this weather is braved in a coat and jeans, because the lockers are so narrow, you can barely fit said coat and a backpack, let alone boots and snowpants.

Come here for a few weeks in July and August, and you will change your tune. 115F/46C, making you break out into a sweat nigh instantly. No wind, and there's humidity to make it feel like it's 125-35F/51-54C. If you don't have enough liquid in you, there's a good chance you'll heat stroke no matter what you're wearing. Cars trap the heat and multiply the heat like a greenhouse; I've actually burned my hand on the steering wheel before. Buses were no better, way back when I used to ride them. The air conditioners on yellow buses were almost always broken. Big metal can, baking heat, filled with other sweating high schoolers.

You find yourself walking into stores you hate just to avoid the heat. Your electricity bill sky-rockets as you desperately attempt to keep you A/C at a reasonable temp.

Forgive me if I have fallen in love with the cold. What you described sounds like heaven. Where I am now is hell.

Wow.
    Summer temps up here peak at around 90 F; the warmest weather I've ever been in is 110 F, and that was in South Dakota. The heat was like a hot, stifling blanket.

Consider my tune changed.
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 pm

i discovered Groove Shark... finally....
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

*rolls on the ground, in feral form, with her swishy tail and cute paws in the air*
    Iz so happy!!!!
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Happy St. Patricks Day!
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 am

Happy Independence Day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am