Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+30
nirvana
vincent5000x
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
floppybelly
ShavedIguana
UFAlien
TheJimTimMan
Starcleaver
The Dog
Chesamo
Bosco1513
Coach Fellows
Invalid
crazzycat
Koleyl
LastArcher
Coydog
Teh Chay
Cypher
DannyBoy
Night Dragon
SD
Lord Grey II
Pandora
Teasealot
Blackwolf
Jimbo
Keyou-bi
Nilo Kaal
34 posters

Official Video Game Thread

TheJimTimMan
    TheJimTimMan

Official Video Game Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Official Video Game Thread

Post by TheJimTimMan Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 pm

SD wrote:
    Blackwolf wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejX0Rym0NZw

Damn things just got nasty !

The more I see these the more I consider getting an EvE account. But...I'm not sure if I would use it regularly enough.
    I have an Eve account that I don't use nearly as much as I should. Considering my current school predicament, this is most likely a good thing.
    That said, I probably shouldn't have bought Baldur's Gate 2 off of GOG at the weekend.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:10 pm

TheJimTimMan wrote:
    SD wrote:
    Blackwolf wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejX0Rym0NZw

Damn things just got nasty !

The more I see these the more I consider getting an EvE account. But...I'm not sure if I would use it regularly enough.
    I have an Eve account that I don't use nearly as much as I should. Considering my current school predicament, this is most likely a good thing.
    That said, I probably shouldn't have bought Baldur's Gate 2 off of GOG at the weekend.

Yeah the main reason I have Xbox Live Gold is because it allows you to play any game online and you get some bonuses that non-paying members can't take advantage of. But with EvE...I mean it looks like a really fun game but would I play it enough to validate the price of subscription.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:36 am

Who here has played Starfox Adventures?
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:34 am

Powerphreak wrote:Who here has played Starfox Adventures?

I have played and beaten the game. (Not with 100%)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 am

Powerphreak wrote:Who here has played Starfox Adventures?

Evil game....eeeeeeeeeevil.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:12 pm

I've played it through twice in the 9 years I've had it. Tells you how much replay value there is Razz.

I've never 100% beaten the game myself. Once I discovered what the "Cheat Tokens" did, I never tried to get them all. "Cheat Token" is a hell of a misnomer if I've ever heard one.

I had many grievances with the game, ALL of them concerned plot. As for the gameplay itself, it was really fun to play through. Controls were clean, crisp, and smooth, and never felt out of place, aside from the first flying portion (Krystal on Kite trying to land on the galleon). The puzzles gave you a big sense of accomplishment when you completed them, because they were pretty well thought out. I just wish I could have played the game more, even though the plot and story was pretty much BS.

But the crap I gave the game (And I gave it a LOT! Razz) was all about the plot. As a result, I've been trying really hard lately to find a beta rom of the game it was originally going to be, "Dinosaur Planet". That was the game SFA was going to be, until Shigeru Miyamoto decided to poke his nose where it didn't belong and totally screwed the game up. If anyone knows where or how I can find it, please let me know. If this request will get me banned, please also let me know of that, so I can withdraw it, and just talk about the game Smile.
    TheJimTimMan
    TheJimTimMan

Post by TheJimTimMan Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

STEAM MEGA-SALE IS A GO.
    I fear my wallet will not survive the year. Crying or Very sad
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 pm

oOOOooohh, Deus Ex collection for $5. I'ma get that to replay Deus Ex, and see how terrible Invisible War was Very Happy
    Cypher
    Cypher

Post by Cypher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:23 am

Just got GT5.

I'm... slightly less than impressed. It is pretty, yes. But there are loads of little things that add up to an experience akin to "GT4 meets PS3 graphics"
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 am

Powerphreak wrote:oOOOooohh, Deus Ex collection for $5. I'ma get that to replay Deus Ex, and see how terrible Invisible War was Very Happy
    *laughs* Yeah! I just bought that- been waiting for it to go on sale again Very Happy
    Mousesquisher
    Mousesquisher

Post by Mousesquisher Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Cypher wrote:Just got GT5.

I'm... slightly less than impressed. It is pretty, yes. But there are loads of little things that add up to an experience akin to "GT4 meets PS3 graphics"

I don't even think it's PS3 graphics. It's more like an extremely complicated GT4

Even when installed, the load times are AWFUL!

Almost wish it had gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Mousesquisher wrote: I don't even think it's PS3 graphics. It's more like an extremely complicated GT4

Even when installed, the load times are AWFUL!

Almost wish it had gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever

Well, PS3 has had a few games with inexcusable loading issues.... Bayonetta was one, but they patched that up. Maybe sometime they'll patch GT5

And BTW, Duke Nukem Forever is getting released eventually. A new company took the reigns. Didn't you hear about that?

If only they could do the same to Dinosaur Planet >_< <nerd rages>
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Powerphreak wrote:And BTW, Duke Nukem Forever is getting released eventually. A new company took the reigns. Didn't you hear about that?

Yah, vaguely remember them sayin' it'll be out late 2011-early 2012.
    Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Bet the company that took over duke nukem forever is having fun validating all the pre-orders. All 12 years of them.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Kvothe wrote:Bet the company that took over duke nukem forever is having fun validating all the pre-orders. All 12 years of them.

Actually those preorders are most likely voided because they were on a different system compared to what's used today. I don't know if Gearbox/2K Games is going to validate them but if someone preordered 12 years ago they may have to do it again now.

And the game is coming out sometime early next year, apparently.
    Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 am

SD wrote:
    Kvothe wrote:Bet the company that took over duke nukem forever is having fun validating all the pre-orders. All 12 years of them.

Actually those preorders are most likely voided because they were on a different system compared to what's used today. I don't know if Gearbox/2K Games is going to validate them but if someone preordered 12 years ago they may have to do it again now.

And the game is coming out sometime early next year, apparently.

According to this article:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104156-Gearbox-Trying-to-Honor-12-Years-of-Duke-Nukem-Pre-Orders
    They're trying.
    Although you pose an interesting arguement.
    Cuboos
    Cuboos

Location : [governator voice]Cal-li-forn-nia[/governator voice]

Post by Cuboos Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:46 am

Poker night at the Inventory is... actually a pretty addicting game... the discussions between the characters is hilarious.
    Night Dragon
    Night Dragon

Location : At the botton of a well standing next to an old guy named Timmy.

Post by Night Dragon Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Just realized after beating Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time, and playing through it again, that I could have used the Mega-Freeze through some of those tough sand fights. Most of time the only ability I have used is Rewind.

(Probably most heavily used move in the first place.)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7001-Is-343-Working-On-a-Halo--Combat-Evolved-Remake-.html

I'm honestly conflicted on this one. On the one hand it would be pretty cool to see Halo CE updated with current generation graphics and improved game play. On the other Halo is one of those few titles that has aged well, there's only a few things to make it perfect but they weren't really game breaking either. If this is true I hope they handle it like the Resident Evil remake and add more instead of improved graphics and one or two game play tweaks.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 am

Halo CE was a masterpiece as it.
    IT SHOULD NOT BE REBOOTED
    I Fragging HATE it when companys reboot something just to save them from having to think of something new
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Microsoft has a history of beatin' franchises to death to get the all precious buck out of them. Just look at Windows, it was obsolete 10 years ago.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Halo CE was a masterpiece as it.
    I Fragging HATE it when companys reboot something just to save them from having to think of something new

They're not rebooting it per say. The motive behind this is to see what the original Halo will be like with current technology and to celebrate its tenth year anniversary. It's also 343 Industries first shot at making a Halo game so they want to go in with a sure thing.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 pm

GAH! This isn't halo related at all...but I'm beginning to hate intellivisions...and I've never played one. I'm trying to fix my friends and all the internet has to tell me is buy a new one or find/build a replacement part...yuck.
    TheJimTimMan
    TheJimTimMan

Post by TheJimTimMan Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

SD wrote:

They're not rebooting it per say. The motive behind this is to see what the original Halo will be like with current technology and to celebrate its tenth year anniversary. It's also 343 Industries first shot at making a Halo game so they want to go in with a sure thing.
    As long as they don't tamper with the gameplay too much I'll be reasonably happy.
    Sure, tone the pistol down a little, but IF THEY TOUCH MY BELOVED ASSAULT RIFLE I WILL WRITE A STRONGLY-WORDED EMAIL EXPRESSING MY COMPLAINTS.
    Really, all we can do at this point is speculate whether they'll be the Treyarch to Bungie's Infinity Ward; changing almost nothing from Reach gameplay-wise, or if they'll manage to improve the game while keeping as close to original as possible. (okay I have no idea how they'll manage this. Would be a pleasant suprisee, nonetheless.)
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

TheJimTimMan wrote:
    SD wrote:

As long as they don't tamper with the gameplay too much I'll be reasonably happy.
    Sure, tone the pistol down a little, but IF THEY TOUCH MY BELOVED ASSAULT RIFLE I WILL WRITE A STRONGLY-WORDED EMAIL EXPRESSING MY COMPLAINTS.
    Really, all we can do at this point is speculate whether they'll be the Treyarch to Bungie's Infinity Ward; changing almost nothing from Reach gameplay-wise, or if they'll manage to improve the game while keeping as close to original as possible. (okay I have no idea how they'll manage this. Would be a pleasant suprisee, nonetheless.)

If they use the same code that powered Reach there will be changes. The pistol will be toned down for sure, the Assault Rifle will have a shallower clip, and then there will be some new weapons in the game as well. Of course they could rewrite the code for the weapons to stay true to the original, but I wouldn't mind one or two additions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:19 pm