Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+12
Drako
Arka
Pandora
Zombaholic
Slit
lost
Teh Chay
Aecas
padfootsm
Lizardbeth
DannyBoy
Shii
16 posters

Storyline Suggestions and Predictions

Shii
    Shii

Storyline Suggestions and Predictions - Page 3 Empty Re: Storyline Suggestions and Predictions

Post by Shii Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 am

I really want zombies now.

Especially after playing the Nazi Zombie minigame on COD5 for like 4 hours with friends tonight.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Storyline Suggestions and Predictions - Page 3 Empty Re: Storyline Suggestions and Predictions

Post by Pandora Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah. We need some zombies up in here yo.
    Arka

Post by Arka Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm

SEXY zombies. Who are all on fire.

And, although it should go without saying, a big musical number.
    Zombaholic
    Zombaholic

Post by Zombaholic Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 am

Oh Dear, I have started something
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Totally. Who doesn't like zombies?
    Arka

Post by Arka Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Zombaholic wrote:Oh Dear, I have started something
    The zombie musical number? That's my bit. You stay away from my schtick, potential thief!
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:23 am

My brother and I about died laughing.

It all started with the NAZI ZOMBIES slogan on COD5, and then I decided to start calling them ZAZI NOMBIES.

And of course, saying, "Dude, nombies in the room, watch your 6!" leads to "AHH, they're nomming meee!"

So now they're the Om Nom Nombies.

And its the funniest thing ever.
    Slit

Post by Slit Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:19 pm

For whatever zombie lovers who haven't already seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BnOUOkcr9c
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Hahaha.

Nothing like zombies and techno for that rave-atmosphere you've been wanting. Not a combination I'd have thought of, haha.
    Drako
    Drako

Post by Drako Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:13 pm

I wonder how many are going to predict something about mutations now that we know that Liz's hoodie is nuclear.
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Haha, I hadn't even thought of that.

Here comes the zombie storyline!
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Pair that with Sid's resolution.
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 am

Exactly, lol.

If this turns out to be like, zombie infestation, with Phil and Sid forced to work together to defeat the menace, how awesome would that be.

Srs.
    CalDayton
    CalDayton

Post by CalDayton Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm

lol terr(ance?). i wonder if they knew each other in grade school or something...
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:28 am

I haven't a clue.
    Slit

Post by Slit Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 am

Hmmmm...I predict it will be revealed that Sylver was the first person to be cryogenically stored then revived decades later. He was carefully brainwashed to forget his pre-freeze life and a story about rich parents away on travel was manufactured to hide the truth. I mean, come on, he calls women 'chicks' and 'broads' and his hair and attire are straight out of West Side Story. As for why the technology for safe cryogenics was not made available to the public at large, it was a cold blooded (sorry for the pun) decision by the Mammals in Black, made after much statistical analysis and extrapolation showed that the potential long term harm to society far outweighed the long and short term benefits.*

*Please note that the above statement is a matter of whimsy and not necessarily reflective of my own attitude. That said, it's not an unsupportable position if someone were to debate the issue. On the side of public access to cryogenic storage, by far the strongest argument is that people with terminal illnesses or irreversible crippling of any kind could be voluntarily put into stasis until their ills could be cured.

On the side of withholding knowledge is the fact that most such people will awaken to a world they are utterly unsuited to survive in, their friends and family old or dead, their skills woefully out of date if not completely useless, and their mannerisms, attitudes, and mores would at best be quaint and could potentially be the cause of getting them arrested or even killed by normally mild-mannered people**. Additionally, people can be awfully lazy and self-serving, so there's the concern that perfectly healthy people might freeze themselves for any number of bad reasons before sufficient laws could be passed/reinterpreted to limit such activities. As implied above, this would likely place a burden on that future society since they would have to feed and house the awakened sleepers until they could be retrained. (Any society insufficiently sympathetic to provide life's essentials to the awakened wouldn't bother to awaken anyone unless the future society is dystopian in which case the awakened are likely slaves of one sort or another.)

**Consider: Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech was less than fifty years ago - I don't suppose I need to remind anyone of the significance of that. It's been less than twenty years since the Iron Curtain fell. This summer it will be exactly twenty years since the creation of the Internet (though popularization, renaming, and acceptance by the masses took quite a bit longer). Now imagine that you were born in the late 40s, raised in the 50s, got frozen in the early 60s, and woke up after the turn of the millennium. Viet Nam? Drug culture? Cuban missile crisis? Disco? They made a cowboy actor into a president? Nuclear disarmament? Laptop computers? So where's my flying car? Popular Science lied to us! I don't think 'culture shock' quite captures the essence, and it only gets worse if you roll the date of freezing back further.
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:48 am

He does show characteristics of a 1950's "tough guy" but sadly there are some guys that are just like that anyway. Your assessment, though very well thought through and extensive, seems a little like you thought to much into it. His money doesn't come from a rich parent away on vacation, it's from a trust fund that his uncle set up for him in hopes that he would find something to do with his life, but Sylver is using it as an excuse not to work.
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 am

Hmm. It's an interesting concept. He DOES seem to have the attitude of someone from the West Side Story lol, but I dunno.

It seems to me that a lot of people adopt self-expressions of a previous era as part of their individuality. I have a friend who looks like he walked straight out of a Motley Crue video, for example; tight jeans, tattoos, long hair and all. WE know it's not the '80s anymore, but they're still around for him.

Maybe Sylver is that way as well.
    Slit

Post by Slit Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Pfft! Of course my suggestion is crazy, but so is the idea of a salamander mafia. I mean, really people! I thought this was all about fun. Now tell me, which is more fun - 1) a wolf who is a jerk due to poor upbringing, or 2) a wolf who is unintentionally a jerk because he grew up in a different time where his attitudes were common and not entirely unrealistic (e.g. at one time women did tend to be poor drivers simply because they weren't encouraged to develop the skill*).

* Ironically, Inix is probably the one 'broad' that actually fits that attitude. She was probably born before trains, let alone cars, and likely has never felt a desire to learn to drive since she has other means to get about quickly.
    Shii
    Shii

Post by Shii Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:04 am

Haha, you make a very valid point!

I'd LOVE to see some of the ideas in this thread get implemented. We certainly have enough crazy to go around. Very Happy
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:38 am

I'd like to see zombies.
    Slit

Post by Slit Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks, Shii! I do try.

Hmmm...and Pan gives us yet another vote in favor of zombies. Can't say I'm really opposed myself - I mean, yeah, zombies are showing up in so many places these days that they're on the verge of feeling passé, but they haven't quite crossed that threshold yet, and I'm sure Liz could put an amusing spin on the standard zombie scenario. Still, aren't zombies more of a late spring to early fall monster? I'm pretty sure killer snowmen are what's in season right now.
    Wink

I'm still rooting for the ninja-pirate apocalypse myself, but I'd be perfectly happy with a space pirate amazon ninja cyborg steampunk zombie apocalypse. I'm just saying...
    Laughing
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Zombies are awesome any time of year.

I'd rather not see a ninja-pirate thing, because it is very obvious that Liz likes pirates and not ninjas, and that bias in mind...I'd say the outcome would be less than fair. Granted, I cannot predict what Liz would write, but judging by what we've already seen with Sid vs. Phil, I'm of the mind to think that the pirates would predictably win.

...and I like ninjas so I would rather not see that.
    CalDayton
    CalDayton

Post by CalDayton Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 pm

I dunno, I think Liz would give Ninjas a fair fight... did you ever see the Ninja/Pirate pic in the Gallery? http://www.lizardbeth.net/art/pirateVSninja.jpg
    Pandora
    Pandora

Post by Pandora Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Yeah, I had seen it, just forgot it was there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 pm