Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+30
nirvana
vincent5000x
SaneIntolerant
Cuboos
floppybelly
ShavedIguana
UFAlien
TheJimTimMan
Starcleaver
The Dog
Chesamo
Bosco1513
Coach Fellows
Invalid
crazzycat
Koleyl
LastArcher
Coydog
Teh Chay
Cypher
DannyBoy
Night Dragon
SD
Lord Grey II
Pandora
Teasealot
Blackwolf
Jimbo
Keyou-bi
Nilo Kaal
34 posters

Official Video Game Thread

Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Official Video Game Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Official Video Game Thread

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 am

I was a solider (both main playthroughs)
    Gotta say the Phalanx, Mattock and the Plasmagun are wonderfull toys

Oh Liz (any anyone else) Play Tali'zora's recuitment mission on Hardcore (either switch before launching or as soonn as you get off the shuttle) and you unlock the Geth rifle, found in the room with Tali
    Lizardbeth
    Lizardbeth
    Admin

Post by Lizardbeth Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

I haven't finished it yet; I'm maybe 27 hours in, around lvl 20. I've been using the Infiltrator (background as Ruthless & Spacer); it is SO much fun to stealth right up to a group of guys and shotgun them in the face (couldn't do that until I learned shotguns later on, but MAN it was worth it). Haven't downloaded any extra content though, but I might for my 2nd play through.
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 am

Has also played as a infiltrator but I went for the Widow sniper rifle, that baby with Tungsten ammo (Armour piercing level 4) is wicked at one shotting certain foes.
    but you touched on the awsome thing about Mass Effect 2, the options to affect game play :3, gotta love biowear for that
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am

Liz, if (or when) you get the DLC, I suggest gettin' Kasumi: Stolen Memory first as it has the most awesome SMG, The Kassa Locust(and as an Infiltrator, you get to play with it once you do her loyalty mission.) which has sod-all recoil, so you don't end up shootin' holes in the roof like you do with the Tempest, and Shuriken tend to do in a heavy fire-fight.

AAAAAAAAAAANNNNDDDDDD http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki
    Blackwolf
    Blackwolf

Post by Blackwolf Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am

If your intrested, racked mah brains and remembered this

Ruthless
    Spoiler:

Space
    Spoiler:

I tend to play as a war hero spacer or a colonist solo survivour but thats me :3
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 pm

ARGH. All this talk of Mass Effect 2 is torture. D:
    I have to upgrade my comp if I ever wanna play it... sad panda.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:20 am

A new Devil May Cry game is being made by Ninja Theory.

http://kotaku.com/5638588/new-devil-may-crys-debut-trailer

I'm extremely conflicted by this. While I'm sure Ninja Theory will be true to the core gameplay of the series I don't like where they took Dante as a character. It's apparently an entire reboot to the series which I ask "Why?" I think one of the comments best described this Dante as an angsty Goth kid.

I don't know odd number Devil May Cry games worked and I was looking forward to number five. Now...not so sure.
    vincent5000x
    vincent5000x

Post by vincent5000x Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

WHAT!? Why would they do that? they cant do a revamp of Dante like that. one person i know says that their just pulling the same act as they did with Prince of Persia.
    It breaks my heart when they change a good game series like that Sad
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:27 pm

It seems to be the "In Thing" to reboot entire series and /or franchises, usually to the detriment of it, it seems.
    TheJimTimMan
    TheJimTimMan

Post by TheJimTimMan Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Teasealot wrote:It seems to be the "In Thing" to reboot entire series and /or franchises, usually to the detriment of it, it seems.
    *Cough*X-COM*cough*

In all seriousness, it really is a shame that publishers aren't interested in new IPs as much as they are franchises that they can bleed for all they're worth. Don't these people realise that they'll eventually need to find new properties anyway? *Ferverently hoping it's true...*

ADDENDUM: I must say, however, that a reboot of a series isn't neccessarily bad (my main worries about XCOM being along the lines of THIS HAD BETTER BE GOOD, 2K) since they can revive interest in long-forgotten , much loved series... assuming the reboot is faithful to series and is actually, y'know, a good game.

Last edited by TheJimTimMan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:22 pm

http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1122068p1.html Killing Samus: How Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine.

Note that Other M was made by Team Ninja, the same people making the new Devil May Cry. While the article is an opinion the similarities can't be ignored and I'm even more afraid of how Dante is going to be handled for the new game. As for Samus, I haven't played Other M for the main reason that she was given a personality. And honestly I liked her better as the silent ass kicking protagonist.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm

SD wrote:http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1122068p1.html Killing Samus: How Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine.

Note that Other M was made by Team Ninja, the same people making the new Devil May Cry. While the article is an opinion the similarities can't be ignored and I'm even more afraid of how Dante is going to be handled for the new game. As for Samus, I haven't played Other M for the main reason that she was given a personality. And honestly I liked her better as the silent ass kicking protagonist.

It was a good game. I liked it. I agree, however, that nearly all of the game is going to have to be considered out of canon for the Metroid series to retain any dignity.

Also, I am a little annoyed that the Other M was a platformer instead of the hallmark Puzzle-platformer that Metroid always has been.
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122463p1.html Activision Joins Fight Against Violent Game Law

While this may seem like something a game publishing company would do it screams PR stunt all over it.

Still the proposed law is so redundant it's not even funny. I mean, there's a rating system and stores have policies where they aren't allowed to sell violent games to minors. It's just California being the burn out pot head state that it is.
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:44 pm

SD wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122463p1.html Activision Joins Fight Against Violent Game Law

While this may seem like something a game publishing company would do it screams PR stunt all over it.

Still the proposed law is so redundant it's not even funny. I mean, there's a rating system and stores have policies where they aren't allowed to sell violent games to minors. It's just California being the burn out pot head state that it is.
    [C://rant.exe] What is it with California and thinking that they would be "making the world better" by limiting or getting rid of things? I think that they are getting away from the basis of American ideals and need to realize that not everyone should be able to come forward and present a law. THE WORD "NO" WORKS PEOPLE! [End C:///rant.exe]
    Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Bosco1513 wrote:
    SD wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122463p1.html Activision Joins Fight Against Violent Game Law

[C://rant.exe] What is it with California and thinking that they would be "making the world better" by limiting or getting rid of things? I think that they are getting away from the basis of American ideals and need to realize that not everyone should be able to come forward and present a law. THE WORD "NO" WORKS PEOPLE! [End C:///rant.exe]

While I agree that the law needs to fail, I believe you are partially wrong about America. While we don't need an overcontrolling or lax government, anyone can present an idea for a law to his or her elected representative; it's up to the represenative and the lawmaking process to shoot down the stupid ones.
    On topic, this does not bode well. Wouldn't it be the parent's job to decide if their children can handle mature games?

Politics. Blaugh.

SaneIntolerant
    SaneIntolerant

Post by SaneIntolerant Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 am

SD wrote:http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1122068p1.html Killing Samus: How Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine.

Incorrect, good sir! While it is indeed true that Team Ninja, a Japanese developer, made Metroid: Other M, it is Ninja Theory, and English developer, that is making the new Devil May Cry!
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 pm

SaneIntolerant wrote:

Incorrect, good sir! While it is indeed true that Team Ninja, a Japanese developer, made Metroid: Other M, it is Ninja Theory, and English developer, that is making the new Devil May Cry!

Well damn. I retract that statement about the developer due to misinformation. However I still stand by my uneasiness of the new Dante.
    Nilo Kaal
    Nilo Kaal

Post by Nilo Kaal Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:43 am

On a completely different note...BAM!!!

Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I like the idea that the buildings float in real time... and if you shoot the suppporting gearage on the bottom enough they fall out of the sky. I wonder how plot-important buildings will be protected from vindictive players?
    Bosco1513
    Bosco1513

Post by Bosco1513 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

So...uh....abacab?
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Kvothe wrote:I like the idea that the buildings float in real time... and if you shoot the suppporting gearage on the bottom enough they fall out of the sky. I wonder how plot-important buildings will be protected from vindictive players?

They'll probably only be approachable from above.
    Kvothe
    Kvothe

Post by Kvothe Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Or perhaps metal covers? I'm glad the telekinetic ability in this game allows you to do something that should have been implimented in other games long ago: taking the other guy's gun, then turning it around and pulling the trigger.

vincent5000x
    vincent5000x

Post by vincent5000x Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Got the PlayStation Move today. spent a few hours playing it. pretty cool. Smile
    SD
    SD

Post by SD Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Oh snap! Flame wars!! Up today, Activision vs EA.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123593p1.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1123641p1.html

I need to get me some popcorn for this.
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 pm

SD wrote:Oh snap! Flame wars!! Up today, Activision vs EA.

*removes articles*

I need to get me some popcorn for this.

It makes sense to leave the staff cultures intact, means the people there understand how everyone else works and how to get the best out of people.
    EA sounds like a certain Imperial Commander from Star Wars, the one in charge of the Death Star's Gun Crews. Idiot reassigned everyone into teams alphabetically, completely screwin' up the practised and skilled teams to the result we all know...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:57 am