Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
Lizardbeth
Teasealot
Lord Grey II
Drako
Powerphreak
9 posters

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator) Empty Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:11 am

Hello all.

To anyone interested, we're going to be holding an open audition for Audio BPD, a project that has been going on for a bit now, and has kind of hit a snag Sad. But we're hoping to get over said snag and continue on. This is a project we're doing for fun, and it has been fun so far Smile.

We have a few that have dropped out (hence the snag) and we're holding an audition for those positions. Those positions are for animator, and voices for Lizardbeth, Sunny, and Rodney.

Here's how I'd like to do this. Whomever is interested in trying out for the voice parts, Choose a strip from the BPD comic with the character you want to audition for in it, pick a line (or two or three Razz) from said character and then record your lines with Audacity (Or audio recorder of your choice), and upload them to Dropbox. Then link the audition to this thread or PM the aud to me, so I can put it in the thread. The auditions will then be up to a vote by the people who visit this thread. Anyone is welcome to vote, but those that audition will be required to vote for someone for at least one part (cannot vote for yourself), can be before you audition, can be after. By the time voting ends, you must have voted for at least one part. No deadline has been slated yet, but I will update this post with more info, current votes and auditions (hopefully Razz) on a daily basis.

To vote, we'll do the same thing we did in the previous audition. Type who you're voting for in blue, bold type, and for which part in green font. Example:
    I vote Pegasus316 for Gaimen Washe

This helps me to catch it and count the votes for the auditioneer.

If anyone needs help using Dropbox, many of us in this thread are familiar with it's usage, and will be able to answer any questions you have.

To whomever is interested in trying out for animator, please link in the thread any examples of work you have done before. Doesn't have to be anything flashy, the original animator basically just did a slide from panel to panel with word-bubbles filling in, and it worked. If you'd like to put in extra effort for mouths moving, or other animations, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. Same as with the voice votes, the thread-goers will vote on whom they think is the best. Also as with the voices I will keep the votes on this updated in this post (once again, hopefully Very Happy) daily.

If anyone is interested in seeing who has the parts for the other voices, feel free to ask. These people already won the vote on these parts in the first audition, and to be fair to them, they will retain those parts. If I'm breaking any forum rules, then Mods, please feel free to PM me an E-slap to set my rear straight Razz.

Also on another note, as mentioned above, this is a project we're doing for fun. So, have fun when auditioning, as it tends to bring the best out in VAs. I know this firsthand Smile. I would also ask that if you don't think you'll be able to keep up with this project for at least a while, please refrain from auditioning. Nothing against you if you can't, but if you get the part and end up dropping out 2 weeks later, we end up hitting another snag.

Without further ado, I am commencing auditions now, and good luck to all who try out.

Current auditions as follows:

Gaimen Washe:
    Pegasus316 (current votes 1)
    pegasus316(1)

Lizardbeth:
    none

Sunny:
    none

Rodney:
    Tr4n515t0r (current votes 1)
    Tr4n515t0r(1)

Animator:
    none

Last edited by Powerphreak on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 am; edited 12 times in total
    Drako
    Drako

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator) Empty Re: Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Post by Drako Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 am

What about the others who didn't make the cut for auditions last time? Should they be given preference (if there were extra auditions)?
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator) Empty Re: Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 am

BAM, now you're an announcement. Cheers!
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

Drako wrote:What about the others who didn't make the cut for auditions last time? Should they be given preference (if there were extra auditions)?

There were several others for each part. I suppose I could PM Sasha Darkcloud, since she was pretty much the only other one for Liz.

The other thing is since it has been a long time since the initial auditions, I figured it prudent just to hold new auditions. Those that didn't make it might not have interest in it anymore. I've seen that happen a lot.

If they're still interested, they're more than welcome to audition again. I will be voting as well, and may cast my vote for them Smile.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:BAM, now you're an announcement. Cheers!

Thanks bro. As you can probably tell, I don't use forums that often. lol
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Are you sure this is an announcement? I see it as a sticky on my screen.

Just saying, like I said, I don't use forums that often Smile.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Eehhh, I said announcement and did sticky. |U

Same basic concept. It's stuck to the top.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:35 am

Ok, fair enough. We'll just give it a few days. What do yall think a fair deadline would be? I was thinking New Year's Day for auds and a week after for voting.

Bleh, I also JUST NOW (Because I'm stupid) noticed that I put "Audio" instead of "Animated" like I wanted to do. Is there anyway to change the name of the thread topic?
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 am

Give it a bit longer, I think. Might be a good idea to ask Liz to make a journal about it on FA or tweet this. That's how we got all the contenders for the first thread.

And you can edit the original post, which will give you the option of changing the title. Bottom right-hand bit of the post itself.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Ah, thank ya sir. Smile Much appreciated. I don't have Twitter, unfortunately, so I wouldn't be able to contact her. I think it was Teasalot that said she hardly checks her messages here. I'll send her a PM anyhoos, tho
    Teasealot
    Teasealot

Post by Teasealot Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 pm

I didn't say she hardly checks her messages, I just said that she's easier to reach through Twitter.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Ok, then I misremembered. I'm sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth Sad.

I'll send her a PM here anyways, just to see if I can get a hold of her. Not being on Twitter, would be hard for me to get a hold of her there Smile.
    Lizardbeth
    Lizardbeth
    Admin

Post by Lizardbeth Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm

y'all been tweeted, yo. Smile
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Awesome Very Happy. Much appreciated, Liz. The more publicity we have, the better. I really wanna get this project moving. lol.
    dragonmanmike
    dragonmanmike

Post by dragonmanmike Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 am

I am interested! Send me something to say and I will send you a recording of it!
    dragonmanmike
    dragonmanmike

Post by dragonmanmike Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 am

oh I forgot, best to send me an email at dragonmanmike@gmail.com
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 am

dragonmanmike (Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 am) wrote:I am interested! Send me something to say and I will send you a recording of it!

Just read a comic with the character you want to audition as, choose a line, and record it Smile. This is an open audition in every sense of the word, so you get to choose which lines you want to use as your audition.

I suppose I could have mentioned that in the main post, so I'm going to update it to say as much.

Directions on getting the rest of the thread to hear your audition are also in the main post. There are also other reasons to have a Dropbox account. Really handy little thing, it is.

Main post has been updated. Very Happy
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Okay, definitely interested in auditioning for this. Smile

Just curious, though... If I'm understanding the main post correctly, there are some parts that have already been given to some people. So, the last thing I wanna do is audition for a part if it already belongs to someone else. Razz

Or, should I just go ahead and try out anyway, and whatever happens happens? Just wanna be clear. Smile
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Pegasus316 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm) wrote:Okay, definitely interested in auditioning for this. Smile

Just curious, though... If I'm understanding the main post correctly, there are some parts that have already been given to some people. So, the last thing I wanna do is audition for a part if it already belongs to someone else. Razz

Or, should I just go ahead and try out anyway, and whatever happens happens? Just wanna be clear. Smile

Yes, we're currently looking for an animator to animate the strips, and voices for Liz, Sunny, and Rodney. The other parts were taken in a previous audition vote. Unfortunately, those roles are not available.

The roles open in this audition will be voted on as people visit this thread by the people that visit and the others that have auditioned. The votes will be tallied up at the end of the audition period and the one with the highest votes for the part they auditioned for will get the part.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Pegasus316 wrote:Okay, definitely interested in auditioning for this. Smile

You can, at any time, look at the other filled roles in this thread. So far, the only ones who have said that they aren't going with this are those who did Liz, Sunny, and Rodney. And an animator.

As was clearly stated.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:

So far, the only ones who have said that they aren't going with this are those who did Liz, Sunny, and Rodney. And an animator.

Actually, the only one that has said anything was Liz. The same guy that animated also did the voice for Rodney, and he stated he didn't want to continue with animating, but never said anything about voicing Rodney. I never got any reply from Sunny's voice, so I just assumed she didn't want to continue, either.
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 am

Well, I'd be happy to lend a hand with additional character voices outside of the main cast if needed. Smile

Not to make things more difficult than is necessary, of course. Just putting the offer out there if the rest of the case have already been spoken for.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:55 am

Well, like I said, all the main cast, but Rodney, Liz, and Sunny are spoken for. You can try for any of those if you want (Since I don't like to make assumptions on your gender based on your screen name, I've gotten in trouble for that before Razz).

In fact, I don't think we had Gaimen Washe voiced either. He was going to be a cross-that-bridge-when-we-come-to-it situation. You could try for him if you wish.
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:06 am

I have to admit, voicing an equine character does kinda speak to me... no pun intended. o_o

He's totally a Bond villain, too. Alright, I'm sold. Wink I'll get something recorded and posted, provided auditions will be going until at least tomorrow night..? Gotta hit the sack. Razz It's late and I have to work in the morning. >_<
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 am

Pegasus316 wrote: I'll get something recorded and posted, provided auditions will be going until at least tomorrow night..? Gotta hit the sack. Razz It's late and I have to work in the morning. >_<

Heh, no problem there. Auditions just started and will be going for at least another month. Take your time, bro.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:28 am