Broken Plot Device

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Broken Plot Device

BPD readers & fans talking about stuff they like

+5
Lizardbeth
Teasealot
Lord Grey II
Drako
Powerphreak
9 posters

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Tr4n515t0r

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator) - Page 2 Empty Re: Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Post by Tr4n515t0r Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:19 am

Hey guys, I heard about the audition from Liz's tweet and I would be interested in auditioning. But I have a few concerns.

Here's how I'd like to do this. Whomever is interested in trying out for the voice parts, Choose a strip from the BPD comic with the character you want to audition for in it, pick a line (or two or three Razz) from said character and then record your lines with Audacity (Or audio recorder of your choice), and upload them to Dropbox. Then link the audition to this thread or PM the aud to me, so I can put it in the thread. The auditions will then be up to a vote by the people who visit this thread. Anyone is welcome to vote, but those that audition will be required to vote for someone for at least one part before auditioning. I will try to keep voting going on for at least a couple weeks, and I will update this post with current votes and auditions (hopefully Razz) on a daily basis.

Anyone is welcome to vote, but those that audition will be required to vote for someone for at least one part before auditioning.

1. Are you going to be gathering up a few auditions before you begin the voting? If so how are we supposed to vote before auditioning?

2. If only one person auditions for a position, will a vote still be held?

Not concerning the above quote but still:

1.Who will be playing minor characters? I actually have quite a range of characters I have voices for that are just floating around in my head waiting to be called upon. So if you need anything other than what I would be auditioning for (Rodney); I will be more than happy to lend my time and effort.

2.Will we be able to send in more than one audition for the same character? I am in debate as to how to portray Rodney and would like it if I were able to give that choice up to the fans and followers of the project. Granted if that were done I guess it would have to split my vote? I'm not sure how you would want to handle that or if you would even want to let me send in two auditions.

That being said. I and my girlfriend are actually very interested. She requested that I let you all know that she is currently sick, but will be sending in her audition once her voice stops being deeper than mine. And I will most likely be the one to send in her audition as well as mine if that is alright.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator) - Page 2 Empty Re: Holding another audition for Animated Broken Plot Device. (Liz, Sunny, Rodney and an animator)

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Tr4n515t0r wrote:Hey guys, I heard about the audition from Liz's tweet and I would be interested in auditioning. But I have a few concerns.

1. Are you going to be gathering up a few auditions before you begin the voting? If so how are we supposed to vote before auditioning?

I suppose my wording was bad on that one. I tend to have a habit of that. lol. Ok, I said "before", but I'm going to change it to say that you must vote if you want to audition, can be before, can be after, whichever, but by the time voting ends, you must have one entered for someone. If there's nothing to vote for ATM, then you can withhold a vote until other parts come in. It is also possible to change votes too, and I should have mentioned that too. I'll change the main post to reflect all this.

Tr4n515t0r wrote:
    2. If only one person auditions for a position, will a vote still be held?

Yes. It helps to have votes already placed should someone else like to lend an audition. Also as stated above, it will be possible to change your vote before voting ends.

Tr4n515t0r wrote:
    Not concerning the above quote but still:

1.Who will be playing minor characters? I actually have quite a range of characters I have voices for that are just floating around in my head waiting to be called upon. So if you need anything other than what I would be auditioning for (Rodney); I will be more than happy to lend my time and effort.

I was actually hoping the crew would be able to help out on this one. I wanted to let yall decide if we should cast the bit characters or just have voices for the main ones voice them instead.

Tr4n515t0r wrote:
    2.Will we be able to send in more than one audition for the same character? I am in debate as to how to portray Rodney and would like it if I were able to give that choice up to the fans and followers of the project. Granted if that were done I guess it would have to split my vote? I'm not sure how you would want to handle that or if you would even want to let me send in two auditions.

Absolutely. If you want to send in two auditions for the same character with different voices, just set them apart so they can be voted on separately. If you're auditioning for 2 voices, though, you still only need to vote once.

Tr4n515t0r wrote:
    That being said. I and my girlfriend are actually very interested. She requested that I let you all know that she is currently sick, but will be sending in her audition once her voice stops being deeper than mine. And I will most likely be the one to send in her audition as well as mine if that is alright.

Go ahead and take yall's time. This audition has just started, and we're still waiting for an animator to come by and show us their work. Without one, this project won't be going anywhere. Auditions and voting are still going to be on for a while, as I haven't decided on a deadline yet. Should give your girlfriend enough time to recover Smile. Whenever you're ready, post some auditions up in a new post. Good to have you guys aboard Smile.

Last edited by Powerphreak on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tr4n515t0r

Post by Tr4n515t0r Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Awesome! Thank you for the speedy and informative reply! You answered all of my questions. You'll be hearing back from me/us again soon!
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Tr4n515t0r wrote:Awesome! Thank you for the speedy and informative reply! You answered all of my questions. You'll be hearing back from me/us again soon!

Heh, no problem, bro. I'm anxious to get this project going again, so anything I can do to help yall, just lemme know Smile.

BTW, I have edited the main post and changed one of the rules, so it isn't as catch-22-ish Smile. Everyone read up on it, please.
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:12 am

Okay. So, assuming I read the directions correctly, I just paste the link here to my audition file. Sooo...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17187953/BPDdemo.MP3

For the sake of visual reference, this is from this strip: http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/2010/10/06/flying-murder-machine/

I provided both voices (Scissors and Dr. Washe). To be honest, I'd be happy doing either. So, consider this kind of a double audition. Wink Not sure if you need anything else from me. But, if you do, please let me know.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am

Main post updated.

I must say I like both your Gaimen and your Scissors Smile. If you wish to put up more auditions, or auds for different characters, feel free to do so.
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am

Well, what the heck. I know I'm supposed to vote for someone. I'll vote for me, Pegasus316 for Gaimen Washe. However, I will definitely be keeping my ears peeled for other auditions.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 am

I guess I should have stated the one stipulation that you can't vote for yourself. lol. I thought it would have gone without saying. I'll add it tho
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 am

Oh man... >_< Okay, so now I feel foolish. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that voting for yourself was okay. Mind you, I only voted for myself because there wasn't anyone else with an audition up yet. XD Seriously, that's just embarrassing. Razz

Well, I'll be back to vote for other people as soon as some more auditions come in, then. Smile
    Kumquaticus
    Kumquaticus

Post by Kumquaticus Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:29 am

I'll vote for Pegasus 316 for Gaimen Washe and Scissors.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Kumquaticus wrote:I'll vote for Pegasus 316 for Gaimen Washe and Scissors.

Please change your post to have Pegasus316 in bold and blue print and the parts he's auditioning for in green print.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Pegasus316 wrote:Oh man... >_< Okay, so now I feel foolish. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that voting for yourself was okay. Mind you, I only voted for myself because there wasn't anyone else with an audition up yet. XD Seriously, that's just embarrassing. Razz

Well, I'll be back to vote for other people as soon as some more auditions come in, then. Smile

Don't blame yourself, man. I forgot to put that in the main post. lol. I just updated it when I posted my response in the thread.

On a side note, you don't need to vote for all the parts to audition, you only need to place one vote.
    Kumquaticus
    Kumquaticus

Post by Kumquaticus Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Picky, picky, picky. Smile

I'll vote for Pegasus316 for Gaimen Washe and Scissors.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Kumquaticus wrote:Picky, picky, picky. Smile

Yes I am Razz

Kumquaticus wrote: I'll vote for Pegasus316 for Gaimen Washe and Scissors.

Thank ya sir. Vote counted and updated. The colored scheme helps me to spot it in a sea of thread when going back and checking my work. This way, I can just breeze past the thread and the colors will help me to spot it.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Just as an update, Still waiting on auditions for Liz, Sunny, and Rodney. Also waiting on an applicant for animator.
    Lord Grey II
    Lord Grey II

Post by Lord Grey II Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Worst comes to worse, you can look up the runner-ups for those parts in the old audition thread.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Somebody suggested it, and now I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do. lol
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Come the new year, if we haven't any other auditions, I'll start checking with the runner-ups to see if they want to fill the gap. Kicking myself now, because that's probably what I should have done to start with.
    Tr4n515t0r

Post by Tr4n515t0r Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 am

Hey sorry about the wait. My girlfriend has been a bit stressed out over work and family so I think she has decided not to audition. But I still will!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17877545/Rodney.mp3

http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/2009/11/09/threes-a-mob/

This is my audition for Rodney. If you need any other voices just let me know and I will be happy to help out in any way that I can.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm

OP is updated Smile
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Still waiting for an audition for an animator Sad
    Pegasus316
    Pegasus316

Post by Pegasus316 Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am

I have next to no real-world animation experience. And, the only animation I HAVE tried took me forever to complete. .. Did I mention it's about 7 seconds long..? o_o You'll probably want someone who knows what they're doing there. Wink

I'd be more than happy to offer up voice work for additional characters if you need 'em. Unfortunately, they'll have to be male characters. Razz But, if you need me to record more material, I'll be happy to. Smile

In the meantime, I'll put my vote in for Tr4n515t0r as Rodney.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 am

Pegasus316 wrote:I have next to no real-world animation experience. And, the only animation I HAVE tried took me forever to complete. .. Did I mention it's about 7 seconds long..? o_o You'll probably want someone who knows what they're doing there. Wink

I'd be more than happy to offer up voice work for additional characters if you need 'em. Unfortunately, they'll have to be male characters. Razz But, if you need me to record more material, I'll be happy to. Smile

In the meantime, I'll put my vote in for Tr4n515t0r as Rodney.

OP is updated.

Yeah, to be honest, I'd like to put at least one every 2 weeks out if possible. I haven't heard from any animators yet, but if you wanna try your hand at some animation for it, feel free. I'll be happy to judge any work you do Smile (even though my experience in animating is literally zilch Razz).

About the "only be male voices" part, only do what you know you can Smile. I'm not expecting any guys to become eunuchs to be able to voice female parts Razz
    Tr4n515t0r

Post by Tr4n515t0r Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Might I suggest you hold auditions over at the voice actors alliance. You might even be able to find an animator. Although I would make two topics, one for animator and one for voices and post them on the respected boards. Although I'm not sure if the voting system is too entirely accepted over there though.

The website is http://voiceactingalliance.com/

A lot of really talented really great people are over there and I'm sure you will be able to find what you are looking for in no time. Just be sure to follow the guidelines from the stickies and everything will be fine.
    Powerphreak
    Powerphreak

Post by Powerphreak Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably do that, then. Smile

When you say the voting system is not accepted, what did you mean by that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 pm